how do people 'working' spend all day on THUMPED ? (1 Viewer)

I need to use the internet all day for my job. Some days it's really tedious work too. I was told to take breaks often so I don't go insane. I work in a basement with no sunlight. I barely have heat. I don't smoke. I don't drink tea or go on tea breaks. Some days I'm on here a lot others not so much. If work wanted me to be more productive they would block g-mail chat. Come 3pm I sometimes have 6 or 7 conversations going in between doing work.

I'm gonna add you to my gmail contacts so prepare to make that 7 or 8.

everyone on thumped should add you so you can have 40-50 going on at once AND be posting on thumped.

amazing.

Like Jill Hives I have to use the internet all day for work and as part of my job I actually HAVE to actively monitor social networking sites and bulletin boards - to keep an eye on whether any of the services we regulate or being promoted that way.

If I'm very busy I might just be clicking pages to refresh adverts.

Gizza job.I can do that

Yosser_hughes.JPG

hmm, internet sites are being blocked one by one at the moment, it's only a matter of time....

we used to have these "personal computers" with "web browsers" which we could then exploit to use websites of "personal interest" instead of "proactively seeking to do something pointless that would benefit the company". "not giving a shite" about the "work at hand" helps too. anyone want to "give me a job"?

I can ususally spend a few min when I come in in the monring and have a rummage aroubd a handful of sites. After that it's in and out of thumped intermittently.

When I was an Fin Controler there was 2 weeks of luncay around month end when you'd just not have the time. The downside was you'f feel entitled to waste a shitload of time the other weeks.

Now the work is less stop start so I try to just check in an out a couple of times a day and try to stay away from threads that will lead to major time suckage.

I have 2 screens, email is constantly open on one and everything else on the laptop. Alt tab has saved my ass thumped wise a couple of times, but I notice now everyone looks at my fingers as they come into the office like thay know I'm in the process of closing something down.

May old manager used to say he was always suspicious of anyone who was first with any piece of news in the office cause it meant thay were all day on the interweb. So if you boss ever says "did yu see the team has been announced?" or "did you see the story about 1000 people killed by monkeys in antartica" always always always say no.

The work

Alt tab has saved my ass thumped wise a couple of times, but I notice now everyone looks at my fingers as they come into the office like thay know I'm in the process of closing something down.

thinkgeek.com said:
The Stealth Switch is the answer. Quickly install the software and plug the hidden foot switch in (it goes either between the keyboard and your computer, or just into an available USB port) and you are safe. It hides in the shadows and just a light tap of your toes will let it work its magic. Based on your preferences, it can hide the current window, hide all windows, or hide all windows except for specified windows. Not just minimize, mind you, but totally erase from your screen. The Stealth Switch can also mute the sound, hide the taskbar, hide the desktop icons, and password protect the restore function. When the coast is clear, another quick tap and you are ready to frag in peace.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/electronic/76ed/

:eek:
Nooo nooooo must not buy.

(some other cool stuff on that site though. I'd love one of those lazer virtual heyboards and I seriously toyed with the notion of buying myself one of those frogger pone handed heyboards once.)

You might wanna invest in a new K there.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back