how do people 'working' spend all day on THUMPED ? (1 Viewer)

nuke terrorist

Supporter
how do people who work on computers get away with being on the internet day after day? bear in mind i was honestly extremely surprised to find that this site was/is busier during the day than in the evening.
what sort of job descriptions do you slack MF's have? i.e. what are you supposed to be doing?
some people seem to quit posting because they change job. some people never seem to post outside work hours.
the last time i was in an office was visiting my aunt when i was a kid so it is an alien environment to me.
(yes i realise friday night is not a good time for this thread)

i'm a techie. techie's cant breathe without their internet oxygen. we get away with murder it has to be said. altho laughing at something you read on thumped out loud is the worst. very few challenging technical problems make you laugh out loud - so thats a dead giveaway. everyone abuses the internet in work. even those who are supposed to be controlling the abuse.

i work in IT. i don't have time to scratch meself, let alone cruise the interweb all day.

oh and

Donkey OJ said:
i'm a techie [...] very few challenging technical problems make you laugh out loud
Faker.

I've often wondered this myself. One job I had only allowed internet during lunch, another had Thumped blocked.

If I was the boss of all these Thumpers, I wouldn't let this sorta carry on slide at all at all at all.

So what do all you people do for a living? And can I give CV's to yee?

I only got internet access at work around 18 months ago.
Even then I only have time to check thumped once or twice during the day. That's my 'fag break'.

Far easier to post from home in the evenings.

I always find it strange when people say
'I'm finishing / quitting / changing my job. That means I won't be able to post here anymore'.

As if home PCs & laptops / internet cafes never existed.

nlgbbbblth said:
I always find it strange when people say
'I'm finishing / quitting / changing my job. That means I won't be able to post here anymore'.

As if home PCs & laptops / internet cafes never existed.

Yeah, they're not hardcore.

When my brother worked for ordinate survey Ireland he did nothing but play hold'um online all day. Fucker could have turned internet pro if he didnt go traveling.

When I worked indirectly for Amazon.com, I used to get all the e-mails answered in two hours, then spend the next six hours fucking about on the net, playing pool in the canteen, and generally just taking the piss.
There was an awful lot of Thumped and poker going.

I work in a call centre and have two computers, one i actually work on and one that I just have the internet constantly open on.

i'm a postgrad student. non-college related work is against my work ethic. ironically since going postgrad and being the boss of my own time way more, i'm spending a lot less time on the internet than i did before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back