Housekeeping suggestions (1 Viewer)

ann post

Supporter
Solutions
being always right, i'm just going to reiterate the point that thumped doesnt need 50 subforums - that was boomtime when everyone had a job sitting on the web all day doing fuck all, i wouldnt look at a rugby thread because it'd be in the footy subsection. merge

arts culture
lifestyle
football

into

general

merge

home recording /publishing

into a a techie land of joy

merge guitars/amps/drums

could probably do a few more - basically though, its triage medicine, they practice it because its for the better, even if there are a few unfortunate losses.

bring on the dislikes/mehs.

Re: Minor complaints thread

being always right, i'm just going to reiterate the point that thumped doesnt need 50 subforums - that was boomtime when everyone had a job sitting on the web all day doing fuck all, i wouldnt look at a rugby thread because it'd be in the footy subsection. merge

arts culture
lifestyle
football

into

general

merge

home recording /publishing

into a a techie land of joy

merge guitars/amps/drums

could probably do a few more - basically though, its triage medicine, they practice it because its for the better, even if there are a few unfortunate losses.

bring on the dislikes/mehs.

i can see the logic to this but i dunno...

there's definitely scope for a bit of reorganising though. might look at it when the next big upgrade happens.

obviously my suggestion is slightly extreme, and a little knee jerk causing. basically what happens here in day these days is a little sport banter if theres a good game on, maybe a few transient topicals float around, the inane whinery get a fucking bebo already thread gets bumped, bands drop by with their wares and techie stuff comes and goes between a few different things. basically if i am looking for summat, find a forum on it, find an answer and then browse, and every sub-forum has less than about two threads from today, i say fuckit, why would i come back here. as you said elesewhere pete, mobile posting is a major thing at the minute. i'm still flat out into the whole kaizen thing these days so although it may seem like critcism its not, its just a suggestion to make something i like a bit better. basically there are maybe 30-40 regular stop by and post users, and about 20 forums.

Total members that have posted on the forum today: 54
Total guests that have visited the forum in the last 24 hours: 5,031
Total members that have visited the forum today: 116

The "too many sub forums" is becoming an issue because of the increased smart phone / mobile posts. Didn't really matter before.

Maybe merge Eirecore, Arts and Culture with all the Lifestyles/

yeah i pretty much agree with you there with the maybe word, i think its worth talking about a bit. its built around the premise of people sitting at computers reading about stuff, which is on the way out in favor of mobile devices. sure its grand to keep it familiar. could also just kick it to death if you like.

The only way I browse thumped is through the 'What's New?' link. A suggestion would be to re-badge this as 'View active threads' or something to that effect and make it the menu item more prominent, change the color to something garish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back