Horrible movie scenes (1 Viewer)

Dixer said:
Hold on, back this shit up!
"Totally Unnecessary"? Nothing about Irreversible is unnecessary. It's maybe the most 'pointful' film of last year. One of the most 'necessary' films of the year anyway, it and Lilya 4 Ever. When that rape scene is in progress, and it goes on and on and on... and in the background, a guy wals into the scene, see's what's going on, and just turns and walks out, that character is what the entire film is about. It asks the audience: "What would you do if you saw this?" The other uber-viloence of the film is predicated on this. If I knew someone who was brutally raped like in this I sure as fuck would feel like breaking someone's head open with whatever I could get my hands on. The fact that he get's the wrong guy just compounds the tragedy. As far as I'm concerned, after Irreversible, I have never responded glibly to a news article about rape ever since. Therefore, this film is awesome.

And for 'of course it was directed by a guy' to be levelled as a negative criticism is pathetic.

I saw a comment early on about Hubert Selby Jr's last exit to brooklin and how the book was 100 times more horrific than the film. I have not seen the film, but the book is one of my favourite of all time. I don't find the book to be particularly horrific, and there is a lot of really good humour in it as well as some very real, human(e) writing. I have, on the other hand, seen requiem for a dream but not read the book. Requiem was the most horrific film I have ever seen. I almost walked out at one point. There was no redemption for any of the characters, and in this aspect I found it quite different to last exit. Has anyone read both books? Is requiem the book as harsh as the film?

Requiem for a dream - and they say traffic is the movie that would make u not want to do drugs.... chances!!!!

The Cell - Freaked me out......

(the) Bully - was in the IFC there last year... never more disturbed...ever!

and those guys on the roller blades in labrynth (i know i cant spell) gave me nightmares...

as did,

that scene in charlie and the chocolate factory when u first see the umpa lumpas on the far side of the chocolate river... and when they go through that tunnel and u see slugs crawling on that guys face!!!!!!!!!!

Wrong Turn (crap movie). One of the mountain men comes up behind this girl with a length of barb wire, and you think he's going to choke her, but he puts it over her head and down as far as her mouth (not her neck) and totally rips her face off. .|..|

Wrong Turn has some great death scenes. The bit where the inbred mutant chops off the top of a chick's head and rest of her body tumbles down a tree is amazing.

THRILLHO said:
Wrong Turn has some great death scenes. The bit where the inbred mutant chops off the top of a chick's head and rest of her body tumbles down a tree is amazing.

Cabin Fever was pretty gross
the bit where they leave one of the ladies who's infected out in the shed
and the dog eats her
not nice at all

the bit in marathon man where the guy is trying to choke Roy Scheider with the piano wire
my da looks like Roy Scheider

THRILLHO said:
I don't think he exactly chopped off her head - he chopped into her mouth with his axe, and she became attached to the tree which was behind her (deadly). :eek:

george mcfly said:
Cabin Fever was pretty gross
the bit where they leave one of the ladies who's infected out in the shed
and the dog eats her
not nice at all
was this before or after the ship sank??

I don't think he exactly chopped off her head
Yeah, I didn't wanna spell it out and ruin it for everyone who hasn't seen the movie.
Nice going :(

It really wasn't that bad a film. Apart from being really short. And having a purely eye-candy lead guy (how many lines did he have?). The bit where they started cutting the chick up on the table really freaked my friend out.

Cabin Fever was pretty fantastic too. Trying to find the picture of Eli Roth dressed up as Kakihara from Ichi the Killer reminded me of another amazing horrible scene - where Kakihara cuts off his tongue to appease the Yakuza, and gets a phone call on his mobile.

THRILLHO said:
Yeah, I didn't wanna spell it out and ruin it for everyone who hasn't seen the movie.
Nice going :(

It really wasn't that bad a film. Apart from being really short. And having a purely eye-candy lead guy (how many lines did he have?). The bit where they started cutting the chick up on the table really freaked my friend out.

Cabin Fever was pretty fantastic too. Trying to find the picture of Eli Roth dressed up as Kakihara from Ichi the Killer reminded me of another amazing horrible scene - where Kakihara cuts off his tongue to appease the Yakuza, and gets a phone call on his mobile.
Sorry:(

Didn't thgink there was much to ruin anyway. Pretty gruesome, but that's all it had going for it...

I saw a documentary about teenagers getting plastic surgery.
One american kid was getting her ass lipo'd.

"Disgusting" - Fancy Times

The doc. showed these big tubs of flab that had been extracted.

"Gruesome." - Fancy Weekly

"Worse than any film scene." - Fancy Herald

george mcfly said:
if only.. sigh
rte should make a follow up called H.M.S. Murder

destination: holyhead
prediction: pain

People I'd like to see on HMS Murder

Joe Duffy (talk to Joe!)
Mary Kingston
Pat Kenny

George McFly and Kirstie's general conversation said:
General suggestions about sequel to Cabin Fever

I think it should be called "The Coffin Ship".

It'd be one of those emmigrant ships from times past. So they'd stick a bunch of goons onto a ship and sail them across the Atlantic (in 1840's Irish Famine style).

All they would be given to eat is maize or Indian cornmeal. Or blighted potato and milk stew.

Contestants would have to contest with rickets, beri-beri, lockjaw and scruvy.

And each week they would have to vote someone off. They would then be put to work in a Dickensian-style workhouse for several years.

And the destination (if they get there.. .remember this is an old boat) is New York.

People on this should be:
> That Donegal idiot who was on Blind Date a few years back.
> Twink
> Ryle Nugent (RTE's Rugby correspondent from Dunnybruk)
> Carrie Crowley
> Fidelma from Glenroe
> Fintan O'Toole
> Derek Mooney
> Tony McGuirk (a total plant if there ever was one).

kirstie said:
People I'd like to see on HMS Murder

Joe Duffy (talk to Joe!)
Mary Kingston
Pat Kenny

i think there should be a special place for Angus McNally

best childhood memory: phone in reviews for gremlins on anything goes
angus: so what did you think of gremlins
caller: FUCK OFF ANGUS!!!!!!!!!!
angus: could i have your phone number please??
caller: HEHE!! FUCK OFF

george mcfly said:
i think there should be a special place for Angus McNally

best childhood memory: phone in reviews for gremlins on anything goes
angus: so what did you think of gremlins
caller: FUCK OFF ANGUS!!!!!!!!!!
angus: could i have your phone number please??
caller: HEHE!! FUCK OFF
I think there should be a special place for Niall Quinn's wife
I'm sure she's a lovely lady BUT THAT HAIR!
for that hair she deserves to spend time with a load of 5th rate RTE shiteboxes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back