Horrible movie scenes (1 Viewer)

spady said:
Also... anybody remember the evil dudes on wheels in Labyrinth (spelt?), definitely scarier than David Bowie.
I don't remember any dudes on wheels in Labyrinth.
Were you thinking of the dudes on wheels in Return to Oz? That movie was messed up. How to convince kids to go see a scary-ass horror movie - pretend it's a kid's movie. Nice going, guys.

loner deluxe said:
genius? don't think so. totally unnecessary. and just cause it has a happy ending (which is the beginning of the "story") doesn't take the sting out of the fact that its a nasty movie that needn't have been made. And how do ya know that the violence was "realsitic and graphic"? i've never seen anyone have their head mashed open with a fire extinguisher or seen someone raped...so i wouldn't know.
and of course it was directed by a guy.
yeah, you're right, i am a wanker.

Dixer said:
Pasolini's 'Salo'.
Every second of it.

Have`nt seen it - meant to be pretty fuked up though, don`t think i`d want to see it even..

*Bad Lieutenant has some pretty crazy scenes.
*The scene in Final Destenation where the girl gets flattened by the bus.
*The casteration scene in The Serpent and the Rainbow - ugh..

Can`t really remember anymore...

THRILLHO said:
I don't remember any dudes on wheels in Labyrinth.
Were you thinking of the dudes on wheels in Return to Oz? That movie was messed up. How to convince kids to go see a scary-ass horror movie - pretend it's a kid's movie. Nice going, guys.

Yeah maybe it was... they were on there knees and hands - kinda like that sketch in Jackass except slightly scarier to a small child.

the last 45 seconds of Dancer in the Dark runied my fucking life
when you see it you just get this horrible sinking feeling
it's awful
i was told by somone that it would be the saddest ending to a movie i've ever seen and i didn't believe them
but it was indeed the most crushing soul-destroying end to a movie ever.

george mcfly said:
last exit to brooklyn - adaptation of hubert selby jnr. novel. set to backdrop of a union strike in the 50's, its kinda similar to requiem in that its about people being crushed by their surroundings. its the bleakest story ever
it is also kinda similar to requiem for a dream as hubert selby jr. also wrote requiem for a dream .

The guy raping his sister in 'Henry portrait of a serial killer' is off the scale as is the disembowled woman in 'Man Bites Dog'.
'Breaking the Waves' is seriously depressing. And the scene in Clockwork Orange where they beat up the tramp still gets me down.

yeah and kudos for mentioning henry!
man hte scene in nightmare on elm st5 where freddy turns into a motorbike! soooo grozzzz

andrew

Almost all of Lilya 4Ever, though the bit where the guy in the suburban home looks at her with what looks like empathy but is really, well, the opposite of empathy, is particularly disturbing.

Left the cinema thinking that the IFC should have had a special room for those leaving that film, full of cuddly puppies and grannies giving out hugs and sweets. So disturbing I could hardly speak.

pssc said:
the last 45 seconds of Dancer in the Dark runied my fucking life
when you see it you just get this horrible sinking feeling
it's awful
i was told by somone that it would be the saddest ending to a movie i've ever seen and i didn't believe them
but it was indeed the most crushing soul-destroying end to a movie ever.
Dancer in the Dark... amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing movie

Society... dad talking through his own arse... brilliant

The fistfight in They Live rules, it's so long a scene JUST PUT ON THE FUCKING GLASSES!!!!

When he screams in the old ladys face in Man Bites Dog it's reeeeeally upsetting, but when the camera crew join in raping yer wan it's hilarious (i cant believe i just said that):eek:

nlgbbbblth said:
that episode is called A Little Peace And Quiet and was directed by Wes Craven
it was one of "The New Twilight Zone" series that ran from 1985-1987

which was, in my opinion, better than Rod Serling's original b/w late 50s/early 60s series
HERESY!

One of the best thing about the Twilight Zone is the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror ride in Disney MGM Studios in Florida. Amazing.

m_tot.jpg

http://allearsnet.com/tp/mgm/m_tower.htm

george mcfly said:
some of those 80's twilight zone espisodes were totally disturbing. do you remember one where this kid is taking an IQ test and his parents are really worried about it, which is weird cause he's really smart. then it turns out that anyone who scores really high on the IQ test gets executed because the government dont want any super smart people
crazy shit

Yeh I saw that one man.Freaky.They like inject him with a truth syrum and ask him questions like "How do you feel about the govt?".

Anyone see the dead mans switch Outer Limits?

El Presidentè said:
Yeh I saw that one man.Freaky.They like inject him with a truth syrum and ask him questions like "How do you feel about the govt?".

Anyone see the dead mans switch Outer Limits?
is that from the original series? i have the box set of that but haven't watched them all yet.

that epasode where bruce willis acadentally phones his own number and HE answers the phone... freaked the fuck out of me... to this day i'm always reeeeeealy careful dialing numbers... do do dooo doo do do doo dooo do do doo doo etc...

and and and the one where yer wan could say SHUT UP and everything in the world froze an an and she could like walk around n shit when everyone was all stopped and and and then the russians started a nucular war and she shouted SHUT UP and and and there were nucular missials floating in the sky about to impact so she stayed in the world all frozen for eternaty... that kept me awake for yeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaars

Ian said:
that epasode where bruce willis acadentally phones his own number and HE answers the phone... freaked the fuck out of me... to this day i'm always reeeeeealy careful dialing numbers... do do dooo doo do do doo dooo do do doo doo etc...
Shatterday
"Jay Novis rings home and is jolted when his phone is answered by - Jay Novis!"

that one was also directed by Wes Craven

Ian said:

and and and the one where yer wan could say SHUT UP and everything in the world froze an an and she could like walk around n shit when everyone was all stopped and and and then the russians started a nucular war and she shouted SHUT UP and and and there were nucular missials floating in the sky about to impact so she stayed in the world all frozen for eternaty... that kept me awake for yeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaars
yeah that's the one that started this N TZ discussion

the reason you remember the two of them is because they were both broadcast on the same programme.
normally you'd get 2 or 3 tales.

obviously a few of us were watching RTE2 that night - some of us teenagers and others not even at that stage

who would have thought that 18/19 years later we'd be discussing the episodes on the internet - in our own Twilight Zone?

loner deluxe said:
genius? don't think so. totally unnecessary. and just cause it has a happy ending (which is the beginning of the "story") doesn't take the sting out of the fact that its a nasty movie that needn't have been made. And how do ya know that the violence was "realsitic and graphic"? i've never seen anyone have their head mashed open with a fire extinguisher or seen someone raped...so i wouldn't know.
and of course it was directed by a guy.

Hold on, back this shit up!
"Totally Unnecessary"? Nothing about Irreversible is unnecessary. It's maybe the most 'pointful' film of last year. One of the most 'necessary' films of the year anyway, it and Lilya 4 Ever. When that rape scene is in progress, and it goes on and on and on... and in the background, a guy wals into the scene, see's what's going on, and just turns and walks out, that character is what the entire film is about. It asks the audience: "What would you do if you saw this?" The other uber-viloence of the film is predicated on this. If I knew someone who was brutally raped like in this I sure as fuck would feel like breaking someone's head open with whatever I could get my hands on. The fact that he get's the wrong guy just compounds the tragedy. As far as I'm concerned, after Irreversible, I have never responded glibly to a news article about rape ever since. Therefore, this film is awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back