Your Favorite Movies of 2015 (1 Viewer)

Splunk

Here are my favorite movies of 2015..what's yours?

1) Bone Tomahawk : Western horror and road movie rolled into one. This was a big surprise for me..great yarn, excellent characters and dialogue. Then theres that scene in the cave...unfuckingreal movie.

2) Ex Machina...cracking intelligently written mindfuck sci fi movie where Domhnaill Gleason falls in love with a beautuful robot who may or may not have intentions of her own.

3) Mad Max Fury Road - pure escapism..loved every minute of it. Great chemistry between Theron and Hardy and the action scenes were mind boggling. Gorgeous movie.

4) The Gift..Joel Edgerton wrote, produced and stars in this little gem. Keeps you watching right from the get go..a well scripted, acted and thought out film.

5) Black Mass - Enjoyable gangster movie with an imperious lead performance by Depp as James "Whitey' Bulger.

6) Spy - Never thought I'd ever say this but Jason Statham had me breaking my bollox laughing in this. Melissa McCarthy is great too in what is effectively a complete James Bond piss take.

7) Montage of Heck - some great unseen footage of Kurt Cobain in this documentary on the tragic grunge hero. Cant believe its over 21 yrs now since he took his life.

8) Wild .. absorbing movie about a troubled hiker( Reese Witherspoon) who tries to resolve her torment by hiking through mountains and desert.

9) '71 Jack O'Connell plays a young British soldier accidentally abandoned by his unit following a riot on the streets of Belfast. Well crafted, suspensful thriller that never lets up.

10) Spring follows a young fugitive who flees to Italy where he meets a beautiful woman with a weird fucked up secret.

Have yet to see Sicario, Straight Outta Compton, Bridge of Spies, Amy, Brooklyn, Room, Steve Jobs, ..some if which might have made this list.

Last edited:
Here are my favorite movies of 2015..what's yours?

1) Bone Tomahawk : Western horror and road movie rolled into one. This was a big surprise for me..great yarn, excellent characters and dialogue. Then theres that scene in the cave...unfuckingreal movie.

2) Ex Machina...cracking intelligently written mindfuck sci fi movie where Domhnaill Gleason falls in love with a beautuful robot who may or may not have intentions of her own.

3) Mad Max Fury Road - pure escapism..loved every minute of it. Great chemistry between Theron and Hardy and the action scenes were mind boggling. Gorgeous movie.

4) The Gift..Joel Edgerton wrote, produced and stars in this little gem. Keeps you watching right from the get go..a well scripted, acted and thought out film.

5) Black Mass - Enjoyable gangster movie with an imperious lead performance by Depp as James "Whitey' Bulger.

6) Spy - Never thought I'd ever say this but Jason Statham had me breaking my bollox laughing in this. Melissa McCarthy is great too in what is effectively a complete James Bond piss take.

7) Montage of Heck - some great unseen footage of Kurt Cobain in this documentary on the tragic grunge hero. Cant believe its over 21 yrs now since he took his life.

8) Wild .. absorbing movie about a troubled hiker( Reese Witherspoon) who tries to resolve her torment by hiking through mountains and desert.

9) '71 Jack O'Connell plays a young British soldier accidentally abandoned by his unit following a riot on the streets of Belfast. Well crafted, suspensful thriller that never lets up.

10) Spring follows a young fugitive who flees to Italy where he meets a beautiful woman with a weird fucked up secret.

Have yet to see Sicario, Straight Outta Compton, Bridge of Spies, Amy, Brooklyn, Room, Steve Jobs, ..some if which might have made this list.
Hey good list man. Black Mass was dreadful though.

I'd add Goodnight Mommy, It Follows, Sicario, Love, Jurassic World, Inherent Vice (2014???), Straight Outta Compton, Dope and Crimson Peak to that list

Bone Tomahawk, Goodnight Mommy, Mad Max: Fury Road, Ex Machina and The Gift are my top five

SImilar tastes dude..just tried Showbox to see if they had Goodnight Mommy but no joy. Will check out the others..I loved Inherent Vice too but I think that was last year.

I've seen feck all and most of it has been fairly bad...

Mad Max and Song of the Sea

That's all I got.

I seem to remember loving this one

1689543-affiche-du-film-a-most-violent-year-950x0-1.jpg

the cinema is too expensive for excessive trips. Spare cash usually goes on gigs.

I think all I saw was:
Still Alice
Mad Max
San Andreas
Inside Out
Sicario
Carol

The only one out of that lot that I didn't like was Inside Out. San Andreas was pretty terrible obviously.

The Editor is funny though a little long but I imagine you really need to be a fan of Giallo to like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back