• the death of SuperAngel in Supervixens - nasty
  • the closing scene in The Baby - twist
  • David Hess' performance in House On The Edge Of The Park
  • the disembowelling scene in Last House On The Left
  • Yosser's Story in Boys From The Blackstuff

nlgbbbblth said:
yep
that's Examination Day

'In a sprawling metropolis of the future, here's one intelligence test it may be smarter to fail'

another goodie A Message From Charity - boy meets a girl from the 17th Century - witchcraft etc

yeah, remember that one too
there was a deadly one based on a ray bradbury story that completely scared the shit out of me. i think it might have been called 'the elevator'. about two brothers returning to a warehouse they played in when they were kids

have the movie on video too, the bit at the start with dan ackroyd is just genius!

george mcfly said:
yeah, remember that one too
there was a deadly one based on a ray bradbury story that completely scared the shit out of me. i think it might have been called 'the elevator'. about two brothers returning to a warehouse they played in when they were kids

have the movie on video too, the bit at the start with dan ackroyd is just genius!
yeah wanna see something really scary
the four stories aren't bad - the girl without the mouth and Uncle Walt (Invasion of The Body SNatchers Kevin McCarthy) is good as is the last one - the creature on the plane wing

someone should release that on DVD

plus wasn't Vic Morrow (obnoxious guy in 1st segment) killed by a helicopter

the narrator's voice .|..|

yeah vic morrow was killed while filming the first story of the film. its really sad, he'd actually gotten out of the helicopter ok when it crashed, but he went back to help a guy that was stuck and the two of them ended up getting killed

the steven spielberg story sucks completely. the last story is just amazing!

is i spit on your grave out to buy on R2 yet??

nlgbbbblth said:
yeah wanna see something really scary
the four stories aren't bad - the girl without the mouth and Uncle Walt (Invasion of The Body SNatchers Kevin McCarthy) is good as is the last one - the creature on the plane wing

someone should release that on DVD

plus wasn't Vic Morrow (obnoxious guy in 1st segment) killed by a helicopter

the narrator's voice .|..|

george mcfly said:
yeah vic morrow was killed while filming the first story of the film. its really sad, he'd actually gotten out of the helicopter ok when it crashed, but he went back to help a guy that was stuck and the two of them ended up getting killed

the steven spielberg story sucks completely. the last story is just amazing!
:eek: bad luck Vic. yeah the old folks story with Scatman Crothers - the weak link

george mcfly said:
is i spit on your grave out to buy on R2 yet??
saw the Screen Entertainment version in Belfast late 2002
£20 - HMV
I believe it is cut
B00005UMR9.02.LZZZZZZZ

however there was a newer disc released last month
B00009PAKO.02.LZZZZZZZ

which is uncut and has extras

my copy is taped from US Video and is 9 years old - grainy but complete
I bought a half dozen banned movies from a bloke in England who sold through a PO Box

guess it's not in the 'horrible' bracket, but that scene from Swingers where the main guy calls the girl he met in the bar about 30 times, leaving cringeful voice message each time, is probably the most embarrassing thing I've ever seen.

I agree with Billy, the father son story in Happiness is horrable

Years ago I got a pirate copy of the first uncut vertion of Hellbound Hellraiser 2
it was like a 5th generation copy which added to the seedyness of the scene
A mental patient is brought into a room sat on a mattress, he has visons that his skin is crawling with maggots... the dotctor hands him a straight razor as He screams "get them off Meee!!!" he slashes himself all over with the razor... the ripping sonds made it a whole lot worst...

It was removed from the final cut of the movie...

Years later I have it on DVD, that scene is part of the deleted scenes extras...

I havent watched it

nlgbbbblth said:
or the one where this guy wins his own bar - nightmarish

Anybody see the one where there is a new system of justice where you get this stamp on your head which makes you invisible to society and you can't get help from anyone else... you can't go to hospitals or anything... sounds shit but it was actually pretty scary. There was also an x-ray specks one... some sort of 3 wishes thing I think... it was good for a while bit then he started to be able to see inside peoples bodies and shit... kinda scary too.

Also... anybody remember the evil dudes on wheels in Labyrinth (spelt?), definitely scarier than David Bowie.

Also aswell... that scene in Society when they climb into the guys body and start eating him - that was pretty fucked up but engaging at the same time.

This is coming from someone that had to leave the cinema when the baby mogwai started popping out in Gremlins.

irreversible has the most realistic and graphic violence i've ever seen in a film- the arm break, the fire extinguisher, and the rape scene are all excruciating to watch.

fucking amazing film too, it starts with the climax of the story, late at night, then works its way back thru the day to the afternoon, telling the story backwards. and each segment is done as one continuous shot, no cuts. genius.

B for the Spree said:
irreversible has the most realistic and graphic violence i've ever seen in a film- the arm break, the fire extinguisher, and the rape scene are all excruciating to watch.

fucking amazing film too, it starts with the climax of the story, late at night, then works its way back thru the day to the afternoon, telling the story backwards. and each segment is done as one continuous shot, no cuts. genius.
anyone seen Seul Contre Tous - by Gaspar Noe

good movie

B for the Spree said:

genius? don't think so. totally unnecessary. and just cause it has a happy ending (which is the beginning of the "story") doesn't take the sting out of the fact that its a nasty movie that needn't have been made. And how do ya know that the violence was "realsitic and graphic"? i've never seen anyone have their head mashed open with a fire extinguisher or seen someone raped...so i wouldn't know.
and of course it was directed by a guy.

nlgbbbblth said:
Memento - on the DaViD there's a cool extra where you can watch the movie in the way it happened - forwards instead of backwards
thats sounds cool!bing
when ya watch it again in the original version having see the forwards version does the backwards version make more 'sense'?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back