Home improvement (2 Viewers)

done. i'll never need to buy a screw again. a conservative estimate would be that i've removed 400 or 500 of them.
it was impressively put together - looks like the thing was assembled as a whole and then slid into place, so the majority of screws were never going to be available to me without some judicial persuasion.
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

done. i'll never need to buy a screw again. a conservative estimate would be that i've removed 400 or 500 of them.
it was impressively put together - looks like the thing was assembled as a whole and then slid into place, so the majority of screws were never going to be available to me without some judicial persuasion.

what was it made from? anything interesting or just chipboard?
those sort of things are generally made off site and fitted

shacked up to the new bring centre in ballymun, expecting to be charged €15 in and yer man said to me 'ah, it's just a boot? €8 so'.
i don't think he's familiar with octavias. i had to take the speed bumps extra slow.

PXL_20231019_132822291_small.jpg

i have something like this at home and occasionally they prove their worth - i was able to set the cut depth just perfect for chopping up the chipboard to fit in the car, and was able to to it with them sitting on the ground, no danger of the blade fouling on the ground. there's a tile cutting disc which comes with it too.

i have something like this at home and occasionally they prove their worth - i was able to set the cut depth just perfect for chopping up the chipboard to fit in the car, and was able to to it with them sitting on the ground, no danger of the blade fouling on the ground. there's a tile cutting disc which comes with it too.

I've this in black and decker flavour - totally possible it's the same machine. Bar the rare occasion it's replaced my full size circular saw.

I recently burned out my cheapo circular saw. Wouldn't mind but had just put a new blade on it which had gotten little use and now I've no use for it.

Thanks - will take a look at that.

will do a lot of consideration of materials, space, design as I figure it out.

I actually have two benches in my shed - one of which is effectively storage, but has a very solid top and can work on/saw off it - the other is by the window and my main bench which needs to be replaced. so I could even have a vice of each type in theory...
so, what's the plan?

prepping for the electricians arriving on tuesday. which means rolling back the carpet in the master bedroom and taking up the fibreboard which has been copiously nailed to the floorboards, after which someone glues on a tough fibrous underlay.

Spent the whole day swapping the entire contents of three rooms around - beds, chestses of drawerses, boxes and boxes of toys, desks, a sofa, clothes, mattresses, books... all up and down the attic stairs - including having to take a wardrobe apart on the landing then put it back together again in the attic. Fun times. More to do tomorrow, but the kids are happy so AT LEAST SOMEONE IS.

prepping for the electricians arriving on tuesday. which means rolling back the carpet in the master bedroom and taking up the fibreboard which has been copiously nailed to the floorboards, after which someone glues on a tough fibrous underlay.

why would you join a gym? anyway, job done, just the box room to do tomorrow.

also; no more woodworking for the next few weeks.

PXL_20231028_121020695.jpg

Finished the refurb of the bench. Significantly reinforced the frame, and a birch ply top onto mdf. Oak edging courtesy of @magicbastarder View attachment 17791

I’d did my first bit of serious work on this bench, and it’s reinforced fellow bench on which my vice sits.

I was cutting a piece of heavy timber with a jigsaw clamped to the bench above. At first I thought the jigsaw wasn’t working as it was so quiet, as the whole bench wasn’t shaking as I cut.

Followed by some enjoyably controlled planing on the vice bench.

I’m a happy middle aged sad bastard tonight

Spent the whole day swapping the entire contents of three rooms around - beds, chestses of drawerses, boxes and boxes of toys, desks, a sofa, clothes, mattresses, books... all up and down the attic stairs - including having to take a wardrobe apart on the landing then put it back together again in the attic. Fun times. More to do tomorrow, but the kids are happy so AT LEAST SOMEONE IS.
42 days til Christmas

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back