Home improvement (1 Viewer)

I'm the same to be fair. I make a lot more off a new build than any repairs. I do the repairs as it keeps stuff out of landfill and some weird sense of achievement/sadism.

what sort of stuff do you repair? pedals, amps, guitars, anything else?

Only pedals really and the odd guitar with electrical issues. No room for amps.

I used to do more guitar stuff but reverted back to trying to keep it just pedals/

every year for the last 5 or 6 years i've sanded down the wooden patio table and chairs and given them a couple of coats of teak oil. they get very grubby and brown looking.
i've just been out in the garden and realised it's the teak oil coating which has been getting grubby and brown, not the wood. so it appears what i've been doing is applying a finish which causes the effect i'm trying to prevent.

every year for the last 5 or 6 years i've sanded down the wooden patio table and chairs and given them a couple of coats of teak oil. they get very grubby and brown looking.
i've just been out in the garden and realised it's the teak oil coating which has been getting grubby and brown, not the wood. so it appears what i've been doing is applying a finish which causes the effect i'm trying to prevent.

Teak actually goes a nice silvery grey colour as it ages

Nothing worse than the realisation....... "oh it me"

I didn't actually make anything but i finally got a few hours to clear out the workshop which has been dumping ground for quite a few months. It was essentially a wall of crap right up to the door till this morning. First sighting of my router in a while. I've a notion of space saving upgrade i can do on the cheap and then i might actually make somethign that isn't sand paint sand.

i'm taking out fitted wardrobes put in by a previous occupant. i've reached the point i always knew would happen where the screws holding part A to B are hidden, but i need to take part C out first to get to them, but i can't take part C out as those screws are hidden by part A.

i'm taking out fitted wardrobes put in by a previous occupant. i've reached the point i always knew would happen where the screws holding part A to B are hidden, but i need to take part C out first to get to them, but i can't take part C out as those screws are hidden by part A.
you're taking them out and presumably not putting them back in again?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

yeah, i'd been hoping (without much expectation) i'd be able to disassemble it easily. but as expected, i'll have to go a bit medieval on this.

if you know where the part C screws are, a smallish hole saw will open that up for you

Keep the holes and repair part A with them

But that's only if the plan is to reassemble later

Otherwise, just have at it for demo

done. i'll never need to buy a screw again. a conservative estimate would be that i've removed 400 or 500 of them.
it was impressively put together - looks like the thing was assembled as a whole and then slid into place, so the majority of screws were never going to be available to me without some judicial persuasion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back