Holy shit - Michael Jackson has had a cardiac arrest (1 Viewer)

The only "real" bit was when the kid choked up on stage. The rest of it was ridiculous. Sky are currently repeating Jermaine singing Smile. Wearing the legendary single glove. Sake.

i hate people who say "oh! i'm so glad we don't have a television in OUR house!"
but
oh! i'm so glad we don't have a television in OUR house!

i'll catch it on youtube

I don't have a tv and I can confirm, it is shit. Especially when you're on the wrong side of the hill for the broadband.

only saw a bit of it, the bit with preacher al was funny enough, thought he was gonna bust into a fuck whitey routine for a while. brooke shields is a hatchet faced cunt.

cynical bastards

no I think they were genuine tears

281x211.jpg

I only watched the build up but noticed that Kay Burley seems to have completed her metamorphosis into a full fox news style/female Alan Partridge news anchor.

She's constantly either putting her foot in it or being just about as disingenuous as humanly possible. Hard to watch without shouting at the tv. Wagon.

Some random observations from seeing countless pieces of Jackson footage over the weekend:

- he was the worst dressed pop star of all time

- his songs actually have very little instrumentation - usually a fairly involved rhythm track + one riff + harmless verses + killer chorus. Contrast that with the strings + horns + melodic richness of Bee Gess, Abba, Stevie Wonder. Not better, not worse, just different.

- he hadn't updated his dance moves since thriller

- song went awry when he started with the 'messages'

- his death, like his, life,was first and foremost a news story. Almost impossible to humanise him posthumously, as almost nobody seemed to know him well.

Ian Unicron had a link on his blog to a music producers message board with a few personal accounts of him. They're all pretty gushing but quite interesting to read about him talked about as a musician in the studio.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/401331-robmix-tell-us-about-mj.html

Think his songs went awry when he wrote all those bitter songs about everyone trying to do him in. And I can't agree about the fashion sense. Every look was totally bonkers and idiosyncratic with apparently no regard for fashion.

I presume his songs were as you described because the songs he wrote didn't come from playing an instrument. Still, I don't think many people have ever made exciting music in this vein... there's never been even a parody or homage that actually sounds like him. Certainly not Timberlake.

I watched pretty much the whole thing last night. Quite strange, but then what about MJ wasn't!

Was Marty Whelan really doing the RTE commentary.

Did anyone go to the Button Factory thing? 4 people that I met in the pub afterwards were and described it as "very odd".

More questions to follow soon.

Yes he was and it was very entertaining. Like every other channel Marty had to fill time during the delay. It sounded like he was reading extracts from Jacksons wikipedia page.

Meanwhile on TV3 Alan Cantwell was telling the nation where he was when he first heard dont stop till you get enough.

Paul Gambaccini and Trevor Nelson seemed to do a decent job on BBC.

There was a clip on the RTE news showing a grown man in tears at the button factory. Bizarre.

there was too many ballads at this.

also, some lad on sky news said he thought prince was gonna play there. i got excited. he did not. fail.

Paul Gambaccini and Trevor Nelson seemed to do a decent job on BBC.

I only caught some of it when I was having dinner and they were the ones that I watched, I thoguht they did a good job too.

Most bizarre guest of the night that I saw was Kobe, presumably asked to be there either because it's in his Lakers contract that he can show up at the Staples centre any time he feels like it or because he also knows what it's like to be accused of nasty sexual sexual misconduct.

Rev. Al got the thing about We are the world coming before Lice Aid wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back