13 year old arrested in the East Wall shooting (1 Viewer)

Ferox13

WOW..It seems he was shot for chasing kids away from his house too..Is this one of the first non-gangland/drug related shootings?

Gardai question boy (13) over East Wall murder

Gardaí have arrested a 13-year-old boy in connection with the fatal shooting of a man (50) in East Wall in Dublin last night.

It is understood the victim was at his home on Shelmalier Road, East Wall when his house or car was damaged by objects thrown by a number of youths. It appears the dead man ran from his home after them.
He pursued members of the group on to nearby Bargy Road where he was shot at about 7.15pm.

The boy was arrested this morning and is being held at Store Street Garda station under Section 30 of Offences Against The State Act. The scene of the shooting remains sealed off pending a Garda technical examination.
The victim was taken by ambulance to the Mater hospital where he was pronounced dead a short time later. The man was from Dublin had lived on Shelmalier Road for some time.

Gardaí have appealed for witnesses to the shooting to contact them.

theres a lot of talk of it being pre-meditated.

Of course it was premeditated. I have a gang of kids in my area who keep telling me they're going to kill me, chasing me around, throwing bottles at me. I'm fucking terrified around here, and I have no doubt in my mind that if they got bored one day, they would hatch a plan to just burn me alive or something, mostly out of having nothing else to do. The local solution seems to be to give them fucking more football pitches to drink on, which doesn't help because it just rewards little psychopaths with sports gear.

The pigs won't do fucking anything unless I want to basically take every charge to court, which is stupid, won't do anything, and will just inflame the stupid shits even more.

They say their job is to investigate crimes that have occurred. They don't want to hear about 'protect and serve' or preventing crime.

I am fairly sure I will have my head sliced off by the little shits around here sooner or later.

I reckon these shootings of people by young kids is going to get worse and worse, and we all should have seen it coming.

I have a gang of kids in my area who keep telling me they're going to kill me, chasing me around, throwing bottles at me.

Jesus - Jane that is bad. Why are they targetting you?

But given how common and seemingly accepted it is to attack randomers in this city, this should not surprise anyone.

I think its the 13 year old have access to a gun. i imagine if the man was stabbed it wouldn't been as sensationalist (not that does the poor man any good).

city_d1.JPG

Jesus - Jane that is bad. Why are they targetting you?

I think its the 13 year old have access to a gun. i imagine if the man was stabbed it wouldn't been as sensationalist (not that does the poor man any good).

That, too, definitely.

I mean, people get attacked all the time, so yeah it's just that when a gun is involved, it's more likely to be fatal. But if a few of them get it into their heads that you use guns now to settle scores, then these will become more common. To the little shits, this won't be much different from the way they have been solving shit. So it's not a new type of crime, it's the same motivation, just a more dangerous tool to do exactly what they've always done.

But the point is, something did make these kids (because while one pulled the trigger, it's generally a group plan), cross that line. There have been guns freely available in the city for a while now. And I can't imagine that this won't catch on -- the gardai don't seem to do much except check tax and go around trying to act like VIBs (Very Important Boggers).

I dunno what's up with the kids. I mean, I think with me, there's no fear of a burly male relation turning up at their house with a cricket bat. I'm obviously not a local, so it's okay to come after me. I'm not a 'member of the community', and I'm nobody's mammy. And I'm often on my own during daylight hours when they're roaming with their mates looking for trouble. I'm not the only one who gets hassle from them, but I still feel shit scared.

Jesus jane, no one should have to live like that. this is the type of thing we could still be discussing 40 pages later but really it's down to parents and education( yes the police in this country is as big a factor but let's not go there). these kids are being brought up in a society where guns give someone 'status'. guns will become the new hatchbacks with big exhausts and spoilers.
anyways, let's not open up a big debate here, but it is worrying.

i share your outrage, several years ago i was castigated for slinging a rock at (and hitting) a little chav cunt who was flinging broken bottles and abuse at me and my mates. luckily my mum's an unholy bitch and annihilated the chav mam who came yappin' to our door to complain. these lower classes. i mean, really.

Jesus jane, no one should have to live like that. this is the type of thing we could still be discussing 40 pages later but really it's down to parents and education( yes the police in this country is as big a factor but let's not go there). these kids are being brought up in a society where guns give someone 'status'. guns will become the new hatchbacks with big exhausts and spoilers.
anyways, let's not open up a big debate here, but it is worrying.

Spot on, really. Because I look at what I wrote and I'm like, ARG, what kind of AUL BIDDY am I? FACK.

It's down to a lot of things, really, and I do think the fact that the pigs don't give a shite is only one of them. The changes need to come from within the communities, most of whom don't like living in a place that either seems or is unsafe.

The majority of residents are probably well fucking ripshit about all of this, and they definitely need support (and not just financial) to make the city better. Not some FF knobhead coming in and building a football pitch just before election season.

Although people really just like to look after 'their own' around here, and I think that insularity used to keep areas a bit safer. Now it's the reverse. No one cares if you're gettin' the shite beat out of you in the middle of the road. Not unless they knew yer ma.

It's a lot of things, all of which make me feel like an aul biddy.

this is depressing. I saw this on the paper today and it nearly made me sick. I just had one of my occasional confrontations with a group of teenage... scumbags outside my house. I told them I was calling the cops and they nearly choked with laughter. which is kind of indicative of the regard in which the authority of the law is held with a lot of these young people... haha, fuck you hippie, call the cops what the fuck are they going to do? nothing that's what! and they're right, they don't. in fairness there's probably not much the law can do generally under the circumstances. a problem that needs to be rectified. but anyway, as a result a lot of kids out there are walking around with no social regard or mindfulness of the law whatsoever; I think this feeds a sense of impunity that can grow, and in some places is growing, way the fuck out of control. when kids start carrying knives and especially guns around with them, and have no fear to use them against people who might stand up against them... well that's just fucked beyond words.

the guards seem to be a target more than anything else to these little fuckers these days. i often felt sorry for them when i saw a young baby-faced guard or two on the beat around the city centre on a saturday night. what can a guard do to a bunch of little bastards acting like pricks? i'd say theres a few more levels of blame to be looked at before pinning it all on the guards. its a bit late by the time theyre involved.

watch this again

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

we are in hell.

we can do nothing about it, not a thin,g because we are not really a community of values or principles.

someone needs to go door-to-door and find out what the families of street kids deem valuable. we need to know what secures them against bearing any respect, dread or concern the rest of 'society'.

that or arm up the gardai like the CRS cops in France

458px-Gendarmes_mobiles_FAMAS.jpg

Image:Gendarmes_mobiles_FAMAS.jpg

watch this aga
that or arm up the gardai like the CRS cops in France

458px-Gendarmes_mobiles_FAMAS.jpg

Image:Gendarmes_mobiles_FAMAS.jpg

Yeah, the CRS and the way they treat kids / immigrants aren't a great example of police cunterry and massive political failure at all at all

at all

it could be that kids are just runnung around D3 with guns but I'd be very surprised if it didn't come through some gangland drugs connection. You could go about solving or lessening that problem by:

legalising dope and pills
making smack available to registered addicts through doctors / chemists

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back