13 year old arrested in the East Wall shooting (1 Viewer)

Hmmm...I never got randomly attacked and kicked senseless by middle-class people, only by scumbags in tracksuits with working class accents. Still mustn't generalise (for some reason).

Let's face it, middle class kids are generally not as violent or scary. They're just not. Obviously, there are 5,000 to 5,150 reasons for this.
Anyone who says otherwise is wrong.
The end.

Hmmm...I never got randomly attacked and kicked senseless by middle-class people, only by scumbags in tracksuits with working class accents. Still mustn't generalise (for some reason).

There were plenty of drunken middle class rugger-buggers roaming the streets of Dublin 4 at night looking for faggots and weirdos to beat up when I grew up there, maybe it's changed since.

As an admittedly silly-looking youth with preposterous hair from a posh area, I was united with my silly-looking friends with equally preposterous hair from grim housing estates by the fact that we all got hassle from our neighbours. At best, constant insults shouted at us, at worst beatings and random objects thrown at us.

And whatever you can say about English scumbags (see the busses thread), I always know I'm back in Ireland by the constant disparaging comments about my hair/ clothes as soon as I get off the plane, from middle- and working-class scumbags alike. And I look relatively normal these days.

Let's face it, middle class kids are generally not as violent or scary. They're just not. Obviously, there are 5,000 to 5,150 reasons for this.
Toerags in Dublin just grow up believing they have a God given right to be abusive and violent and yet they still think of themselves as victims and that the world owes them a living.

Well, there are people like that in the city whether we all agree with each other on every point or not.

And whatever you can say about English scumbags (see the busses thread), I always know I'm back in Ireland by the constant disparaging comments about my hair/ clothes as soon as I get off the plane

I never feel as "UGggHHHH" anywhere these days as I do standing at Busarus waiting for the bus to the ferry or on O'Connel street waiting for the bus to the airport.

Toerags in Dublin just grow up believing they have a God given right to be abusive and violent and yet they still think of themselves as victims and that the world owes them a living.

I think theres a degree of truth in that. I wouldn't word it as strongly but there is definitely a n element of 'chip on the shoulderish' about it.

Well, there are people like that in the city whether we all agree with each other on every point or not.

No, this is a non-sequitur that I don't want to be involved in.

There are people who see themselves as victims who aren't really victims and who believe they have a divine right to beat people up? I mean, where do you even start with that?

would I have been a much better person if I had not grown up in Dublin?

I think theres a degree of truth in that. I wouldn't word it as strongly but there is definitely a n element of 'chip on the shoulderish' about it.
Getting your head kicked in by them as a youngster along with your mates will do that.
No, this is a non-sequitur that I don't want to be involved in.

There are people who see themselves as victims who aren't really victims and who believe they have a divine right to beat people up? I mean, where do you even start with that?
Fuck it. I'm not gonna over analyse it. This kind of violent shit has gone on forever. There's a mentality that pervades that makes some people do this shit and also think that it's ok to do it.

Random beatings and violance has always been there, it's nothing new.
It's a pack mentality thing - pick on someone in a weaker position i.e. alone or outnumbered.
Don't think it's any worse now than it was when I was a kid.

What's worse is the level of disrespect for adults and the garda.
With kids beating/killing adults it's down to one thing. The is no community among adults anymore. If someone was acting the bollox in my estate when i was a kid, my mother knew their mother and would be quick to let the kid know and that's almost always be the end of it. That doesn't really exist anymore. But even back then the families who kept to themselves and didn't know many people would be picked on by kids.

With the garda, the day they changed to rules to let any little guy or girl join was the day it went pear shaped. As an adult it's pretty hard to take any of these guys seriously when you see them walking down the street. Imagine what these kids think of them? They need to be a threatening or at least an intimidating force.

No, you'd probably be a cop.

3 generations of cops in my family. My grandfather walked from his farm in west Kerry to Cork and back again the day he took the entrance exam.

No shame in it.

edit: or maybe it was he walked to dublin, something crazy anyway

As a parent of a little dude (but growing up quickly - 7 years old) these stories scare the shit out of me. But I have to say I do believe that it is 95% of the time the parents fault how their kids act. Obviously when kids become adults even the most well brought up person can be a nasty ass but at 13 years old you are still supposed to be very heavily influenced by your parents and what they deem as acceptable. Maybe not in every sense but certainly on accepted levels of violence!

Obviously there are sometimes other factors. But since becoming a parent I can honestly say that I feel 100% responsible for making sure that my son grows up as a good behaved kid. However there are SO many people that don’t have that innate sense of responsibility or they just don’t give a shit.

I have ALWAYS told my son that you don’t hit people, be polite blah blah the usual. But I constantly see other kids his age who don't have the first idea of manners, how to treat other people etc and when you see the parents 9 times out of 10 you can tell why - and I know that might sound very judgemental but it’s true.

Eg. not so long ago I was in a shop just browsing around. The whole time there was two kids definitely not over the age of 4 running around the isles occasionally knocking stuff over and the parents where nowhere to be found. Anyway - after a half hour or so I ready to leave and as I was walking out the little guy ran into me. As you do I was all' Oh you ok little man?' and what I got in reply was a swift kick to the bags I was carrying and a rather loud 'Fuck Off' from said 4 year old.

To say my jaw was on the ground was an understatement. I mean - I know all kids experiment with bad words yadda yadda and I'm not saying my son never did - but to have that amount of vitriol at 4 years old and to actually aggressively mean those words – and physically lash out at an adult, is disturbing to say the least.

Oh yeah and the mother was the other side of the store screaming her head off at some sales assistant who wouldn't refund a mobile phone that she had dropped herself the previous day and using all that lovely colourful language her son was clearly lapping up.

For a start I'm, surprised that none of you guys have noticed that the kid was not actually 13 as according to earlier reports, but actually 16. As for the sentiments expressed across this entire thread, I'm surprised that thumped has actually swapped forums with the young conservative party. Youngsters in Dublin are not 'animals' 'feral' etc (as according to our tabloids). Most are just normal kids. Some are cheeky. Some are a bit of a handful. Anyone that knows about that shooting should know that there is a bit more to it than the random gunning that the tabloids would have us believe. Kids may be cheeky etc but they are not yet murderers. We can still go out for an evening walk in spite of what the Herald says.

For a start I'm, surprised that none of you guys have noticed that the kid was not actually 13 as according to earlier reports, but actually 16. As for the sentiments expressed across this entire thread, I'm surprised that thumped has actually swapped forums with the young conservative party. Youngsters in Dublin are not 'animals' 'feral' etc (as according to our tabloids). Most are just normal kids. Some are cheeky. Some are a bit of a handful. Anyone that knows about that shooting should know that there is a bit more to it than the random gunning that the tabloids would have us believe. Kids may be cheeky etc but they are not yet murderers. We can still go out for an evening walk in spite of what the Herald says.

Finally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back