holy hell! rep has disappeared (1 Viewer)

I feel partly responsible for this, and in a way I'll miss repping, but in another way i won't miss having malicious reps sent to me anonymously. When used well, repping could be fun, but it created a hierarchy in the forum and it could lead to a lot of nastiness. It could be used - and was frequently used - for bullying and being at the receiving end of it was not fun.
However, it was easier than sending PMs if you wanted to send a note to someone. Maybe a similar system could be started up but it didn't involved adding up the rep or making negative comments etc?

Where is everyone getting this hierarchy thing from? Is everyone so sensitive? I never used rep as some kind of soundness barometer and and I can't imagine anyone else did either. Also, If I was on the receiving end of bullying on this board, I'd be starting threads naming and shaming these people and I'd fucking haunt them.

Where is everyone getting this hierarchy thing from? Is everyone so sensitive? I never used rep as some kind of soundness barometer and and I can't imagine anyone else did either. Also, If I was on the receiving end of bullying on this board, I'd be starting threads naming and shaming these people and I'd fucking haunt them.

I think the hierarchy thing is just a consequence of having a number (ie high score) attached to it.

The original reason for rep/karma/points systems came from high-volume forums like Slashdot, where threads could reach 20 pages in a manner of minutes - you could choose to filter out posts that came from low-rep members, so (in theory) you'd get a better signal-to-noise ratio.

Thumped doesn't really move as fast as all that, so there's little practical purpose for rep here. I used it plenty myself, but I won't miss it in the slightest. Good riddance.

Is that a real song? Sounds like the sorta thing I would dig ... if it's not let me know and I'll write it

Yes it is. when you sings it it's supposed to sound like a barrel organ like you'd have at a funfair. I don't know any more of the words though, unfortunately.

Is that a real song? Sounds like the sorta thing I would dig ... if it's not let me know and I'll write it

I think the next line goes

'the pla-la-lace where I yi I was Bo-a-orn'

or something.

Ok, asked my girlfriend, so far we remember this much:

I willa lish I lilalived in mololonkey lalaland
the lalaland where Ilalai was bollolorn.
where mololonkey tolalook me olalon his kneelalee
and salalang this solalong to melalee.

but I think there's about 20 more verses

that was a joke.

I got the joke, just thought it was misleading to someone new to eirecore seein someone who mainly posts in say, lifestyle post something randomly in eirecore looking like they post there all the time and go by the name of King Punk:D

Where is everyone getting this hierarchy thing from?

Those people are taking it all far too seriously. They take the bored ramblings of strangers on the internet as some sort of affront to their intelligence. They're smarter than that like. Now they feel the need to post on this thread to show everyone that they're smarter than everyone else. Everyone else is not as smart as them.

Those people are taking it all far too seriously. They take the bored ramblings of strangers on the internet as some sort of affront to their intelligence. They're smarter than that like. Now they feel the need to post on this thread to show everyone that they're smarter than everyone else. Everyone else is not as smart as them.

I salute you, sir. Or I would if I was smart enough to know where my hands were.

Those people are taking it all far too seriously. They take the bored ramblings of strangers on the internet as some sort of affront to their intelligence.

Well put, seein people totallt fly off the handle at a totally tongue in cheek late night post is just laughable really.

is everybody ready to move on now? look - the bus to the future is about to depart:

cool%20bus.jpg

Janer, how about you start acting your age instead of your height, which I estimate to be about 5 and a half.

Edit: Oh, and that tag team derepping thing you had going with politapill was just charming!

Excuse me, I was involved in no tag team repping/de-repping.

What the jaysus are you on about? Who are these people?

Well, maybe I'm wrong, but it's the only thing I can figure out. Thumped is mostly a "How smart are you?" competition isn't it? (I think that's a great thing about it btw.)

I'm just totally and utterly shocked that people get this angry at people using an internet toy, for harmless fun like. I said that earlier. That's why I compared it to Tetris.
Y'all actually think that it's a "circle jerk"? A lot of mutual backslapping and "hey, you're great man" type BS happens on Thumped, to my eyes at least. But through rep? With funny pictures and quotes from movies and puns? From strangers to strangers? To increase a number? On the internet? If any of yee actually seriously think that.......I dunno.
It was shit when it was used for abuse and all, but 99.99999% of the time it was boredom fuelled messing around. I can't believe anyone could ever think anything else.

Oh and I couldnt care either way really.

Barely used to rep anyone but did enjoy the private abuse I got when tryin to wind someone up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back