Holy Fucking Christ. (3 Viewers)

Re:Michael Fucking MacDonald.

Lefty Frizzell said:
get any new Michael McDonald lps? you got 'if thats what it takes?'He's got soulful, husky pipes that wont quit.

Haven't ventured beyond the greatest hits. I'm wary of his ways without the guiding hand of 'Dan.

Is the NCAD an ok place to study? I am thinking of applying there next year...the visual communication line. Heard it was supposed to be alright. Now I am all worried though...

HitsLikeAGirl said:
The article written by that chocolate addicted romantic in the indo started me off, but I'm letting it go. Those panseys can pansey about their pansey-panseys all they like from now on. They'd just better stay away from my gorse-ridden turf bog;or else....
fuck me, i dunno what has/had you so upset, but saying shit like "I'd rather ram my mahl stick into their white spirits" is just ridiculous. youre railing against gary for calling himself the kunstfuhrer or whatever, but what's an artistic position or stylistic in his case just sounds like stupidfuck intolerence on your part. i am friends with gary (lead pansy) and one or two others involved. i dont get on with all of them, or endorse everything they say/do, but as wav said, at least theyre doing something. criticism is one thing,bollocks like "i hope this fucking fails miserably" doesnt have any fuckin merit whatsoever. i hated the indo/tribune (cant remember which) article, it didnt seem like their style really, and in fairness, you cant take as gospel everything you read, especially when its in the indo written by a sap. the piece was just a sychophantic rant on behalf of that ditz, but their core manifesto and actual work is quite interesting. yes they've dressed it up in dadaist glam schtick, but its not an elitist movement, they've set up grassroots bases in paris, berlin, all over the place, it's inclusive, it's interesting, and it's healthy for the irish art scene/movement. they've an exhibition tomorrow in liberty hall, having a look yourself and forming an intelligent opinion of it, good or bad, would be more productive than hating on the internet.

They suck I've met them and think there are is poor and they are arrogant.

The work speaks for itself:

Here's a Séan Scully Rip off

rod.jpg

And these two are a joke:

nes_0001.jpg

garyvalsofie.gif

http://www.defastenism.4t.com/images/garyvalsofie.gif

eoinbox said:
fuck me, i dunno what has/had you so upset, but saying shit like "I'd rather ram my mahl stick into their white spirits" is just ridiculous. youre railing against gary for calling himself the kunstfuhrer or whatever, but what's an artistic position or stylistic in his case just sounds like stupidfuck intolerence on your part. i am friends with gary (lead pansy) and one or two others involved. i dont get on with all of them, or endorse everything they say/do, but as wav said, at least theyre doing something. criticism is one thing,bollocks like "i hope this fucking fails miserably" doesnt have any fuckin merit whatsoever. i hated the indo/tribune (cant remember which) article, it didnt seem like their style really, and in fairness, you cant take as gospel everything you read, especially when its in the indo written by a sap. the piece was just a sychophantic rant on behalf of that ditz, but their core manifesto and actual work is quite interesting. yes they've dressed it up in dadaist glam schtick, but its not an elitist movement, they've set up grassroots bases in paris, berlin, all over the place, it's inclusive, it's interesting, and it's healthy for the irish art scene/movement. they've an exhibition tomorrow in liberty hall, having a look yourself and forming an intelligent opinion of it, good or bad, would be more productive than hating on the internet.

show me someone here who isn't 'doing something', man

Brian Conniffe said:
ditto to this.

its a fairly weak form of reactionism which has one respond to criticism with the whole "well what do you do / lets see you do better" argument.

if andy jumped into a fire would you?!

eoinbox said:
youre railing against gary for calling himself the kunstfuhrer or whatever, but what's an artistic position or stylistic in his case just sounds like stupidfuck intolerence on your part.

as i brought attention to this side of their image, i feel i should explain. the use of the word "fuhrer" (perhaps to be explained away because "its only the german word for leader" in a feign of innocence) carries with it inexcapable and deliberate connotations. to be frank, there is - if not a glorification - at the very least a romantisation of nazi / fascist imagery. this cannot be denied. this use of this imagery is at the very least distasteful and silly, and at most deeply unwholesome.

i too know certain people involved in this group well, and have done for a long time. i have no problem with anyone involved individually or personally. i do have great problems with and reservations regarding this group, this "movement", this "-ism". i would express these opinions with them in person, should the situation arise. since what they are doing is in the public eye, they should be well able to deal with the criticism, especially considering their attempted 'provocative' stance.

my primary issues are that the group is elitist and inherently (and contrary to what they propose) anti-individualistic. regarding the former, they have their own "special code" which only they can understand, for example. regarding the latter, ANY group with a leader, ANY group which calls themselves "-ists" are inherently anti-individualistic. i have seen it all come and go, cults of the individual which are nothing more than the masturbating ego.

whatever about their image or other kinda superficial stuff, some of their art looks really good. eoinbox- do you have any details about the exhibition in liberty hall tommorow?

chutneyfarmer said:
man, i HATE when that happens!!!!!

dont you just love it when a meaningful and heated argument gets punctuated with lovely and inventive knob gags?i know i do
then in the spirit of rude punctuation (like comma , sounds vaguely like condom , which is good enough link for me) , i tried to come up with a dirty gag for defastinism , just for badness not because i hate them viciously , and all i could come up with was ''de faRtin Gism ''
which is rubbish.
Having said that , I havent seen the Defastinist art to any great extent and Im not much a judge anyway so I cant comment , I can see both sides of an argument. On one said I think that , well firstly tot call a movement such as this ''original''(as they do in their manifesto ) is just wrong and any amount of looking back at various artistic periods would prove that. I have my own fairly prudeish views on the whole lisght Nazi irony or sophism or whatever youwant to call it. And whether they are a valid idea or not , arrogance in any form is unforgivable to me.
However , they're committed , its a tried and proven idea and like it or not, they are pegging it down the path of realising their own very very ambitious and organized goals.

Touch my frenelum , I sound more and more smart arse 6th year english poetry essay as I talk

some more rudeness:
Bums

sugar_referee said:
dont you just love it when a meaningful and heated argument gets punctuated with lovely and inventive knob gags?i know i do
then in the spirit of rude punctuation (like comma , sounds vaguely like condom , which is good enough link for me) , i tried to come up with a dirty gag for defastinism , just for badness not because i hate them viciously , and all i could come up with was ''de faRtin Gism ''
which is rubbish.

Credit where credit is due man! "Defartism" is pretty funny. ha, you said knob. Chuckle chuckle.

MONDOBRUTALE said:
show me someone here who isn't 'doing something', man
bollocks. fuckin loads. as for the rest of the stuff, yes it provocative and some of its tits, i wouldnt be a part of it myself, i just find it interesting in that theyre doing something inventive, something thats critically valid in the midst of a lot of very mixed art in dublin or ireland. to the best of my knowledge we never had a artistic revolution to speak of, if this is its incarnation, mediatised and solipistic, it at least deserves to be looked at objectively, not just mouthed off about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back