• Watchers 2

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
I've heard this is really good, but if I bring herself to see it will I be bored senseless?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's really good.. seemed to be a fairly narrow view of women who live in the midlands though.. it just seemed odd that everyone in it was white, middle class, and totally Irish.. extremely conservative.. I'm not sure how I liked it.

Enjoyed it a lot.
Agree that nearly everyone had a nice gaff, except one of the younger women near the start.

Well, it's not like they shot the whole house. Most scenes were shot in either the kitchen or living room. When people update their homes they usually do it on one of those rooms since people will seem them. Not all were 'nice'. All were cleaned but anyone would clean if someone was filming. That said, the filmmaker probably filmed the women who agreeed to invite them into their homes. I don't know if many 'poorer' people would want strangers to see their home. I don't necessarily think it was a deliberate choice of the film maker rather a case of what was available. The message would have been the same despite having lots of money or no money, imho.

I liked it, some bits were hilarious, some really sad. The décor in the houses seemed atrocious for the most part but I think that might be just how the camera depicts a normal house. I would have liked to have seen more of a variety of women but I thought in general it worked very well. I'd rater like to see similarly shot films about different people here or abroad.

I liked it, some bits were hilarious, some really sad. The décor in the houses seemed atrocious for the most part but I think that might be just how the camera depicts a normal house. I would have liked to have seen more of a variety of women but I thought in general it worked very well. I'd rater like to see similarly shot films about different people here or abroad.

If you haven't already seen it I strongly recommend the Irish Documentary "Colony" It's about bees so it's probably got nothing to do with this thread except that there seems t be a generation of Irish documentary film makers who are really producing fine work. "Pyjama girls" is out soon too.

i'll sing the song of the colllllllllllllllllllllloneeeeeeeeeee, how many yeeee-orrs and sure still we're just bees
and your mother cries
and yeww ask god whyyyyyyyyyyy

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back