Hi (1 Viewer)

I think calendars have been tried before but as Gary says
"Experience suggests they won't be bothered."

It probably means somebody would have to dig through stuff, I don't mind doing this once a month but would probably prefer a bit of help.

The problem with all these ideas,is will promoters submit info? Experience suggests they won't be bothered.

Yup, it'd have to be actively run by someone seeking out the gigs themselves. But as moose said, where's the limitations of things? Just Dublin? Just strict punk/hc? Like nialler9 does a weekly gig guide but he pretty much ignores everything outside of what he's into.

Unless someone tells me different,that thread at the top of Eirecore is the most informative place for me to find out about gigs. I'd probably only hear of a fraction of the gigs I do at the moment if it were not there. So thank you Byrneos,Conor,the odd promoter and all the others that post about gigs.

Moose,I'm curious what makes you say it used to be harder to find out about gigs before? For me,the last few years have been an all time low. It almost seems that new people aren't expected to come along to gigs,just the same old know each other people.

Alright, I've been tooling about with wordpress all afternoon (to avoid some real work) and put together the bones of a gig calender. I basically have had to trawl around the net looking for info on gigs and put this together. When you click on a gig name you get taken to a full post contaning the poster, line up info, price etc etc. Currenly just have Dublin gigs and keeping a focus on anything punk/hc along with whatever I'm interested in myself thrown in. I'll change the domain later, just have the site running on a subfolder of a forum at the moment.

Dublin Underground Gigs

You can also just view a list of the annoucements as they get posted here: Gig Announcements

I'll make a new thread if people deem it useful etc.

I dunno about the current design either, the main calendar page looks fine but the list of announcements is a big naff. Would like it to just be a list of posts..

Yup, it'd have to be actively run by someone seeking out the gigs themselves. But as moose said, where's the limitations of things? Just Dublin? Just strict punk/hc? Like nialler9 does a weekly gig guide but he pretty much ignores everything outside of what he's into.
Nialler9 includes anything people submit to him.

Unless someone tells me different,that thread at the top of Eirecore is the most informative place for me to find out about gigs. I'd probably only hear of a fraction of the gigs I do at the moment if it were not there. So thank you Byrneos,Conor,the odd promoter and all the others that post about gigs.

Moose,I'm curious what makes you say it used to be harder to find out about gigs before? For me,the last few years have been an all time low. It almost seems that new people aren't expected to come along to gigs,just the same old know each other people.

Pretty simple really back then I didn't really know anyone involved so just didn't find out about gigs. Same as what you're saying about now.

Not to take away from what you've done but Ice Age is 30th of April. It's in the description and all. Maybe have a comments box for additional info or corrections. It's also not resizing for android so not getting the whole page on the left.

Once I get back next week I'd be for helping with it if ya Want?

Not to take away from what you've done but Ice Age is 30th of April. It's in the description and all. Maybe have a comments box for additional info or corrections. It's also not resizing for android so not getting the whole page on the left.

Once I get back next week I'd be for helping with it if ya Want?

Yeah as I said it was just thrown together yesterday so that was the only mistake I made out of all the entries. I'm trying to figure out how to get the main page to resize on mobile but not sure how to yet. On my android I can't even move the page to the right to see the rest. The individual gig entries do fit on the screen though. Might be a case of the theme I'm using or the plugin itself that's causing it. I'm using a Wordpress plugin called Gigs Calendar which I think is making the tables unresizeable.

I'll make up a submission form later tonight too, it won't put gigs up automatically though since the software just doesn't work that way but it will be easy enough to just copy the info over.

It needs a bit more work before it gets "launched", might change the web address to something better/more permenant than what it is right now. A better name mightn't go amiss either.

I'm away til next friday but will get on things then. Can look into WordPress stuff then too. Have the same issue with not being able to scroll right. Must be a fix.

Hi all, I'm coming at things from the other end compare to i_break_stuff_alot. I'm an old git looking to go to a few punk gigs. I suspect that they will be full of people about the same age as my eldest child, but fuck it, I never stopped listening to hardcore, so why should I not go to the gigs?

I have been keeping an eye on the upcoming gigs thread and looking for something I can attend (I'm kind of time poor) and I would just like to say thank you to Gambra for doing this new calendar. It's a good idea and obviously needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back