Hi (2 Viewers)

There's a new space opened up just in the last few months, Tenterhooks, just off Cork Street in Dublin City Centre. It's run by punx and I imagine you could go to gigs there if you wanted.
Also keep your eyes open for any all-dayer gigs happening around the place, Fibbers for instance does some all-ages gigs nowadays.

I'm just imagining going to Tenterhooks as a 15/16 year old (sorry if you're not that young
i_break_stuff_alot) and it'd seem pretty intimidating. Don't worry though, everyones lovely. Especially the big hairy lad who pretends to be a bouncer.

The one huge problem with mass move to facebook is that there's no way of keeping track of gigs that are on anymore, if you're not direct mates with the promoter then the only way you're going to see about a gig is someone saying they're going in the facebook feed. Its doubly hard for someone who's new to the scene where they're just expected to magically know what gigs are on and what bands are to follow etc.

This isn't a punk/hardcore problem either, I only found about the Paul G Smyth concert series in the National Concert Hall when someone I know joined the event on facebook. Theres still only about 40 people saying they're going and I haven't seen it being mentioned anywhere else.

All Ages gig in February

10897847_10152998339982342_3904078556992613053_n.jpg

Pretty good line-up for an all ages gig there.... anyone know are tenterhooks open to putting on whatever i.e. Oi! bands or is it centred mainly on the Crusty jobbies?
That band Grade Two want to come over and they're underage so would have to do a tour of the BYOB venues which'd be the craic!

I'd say so Wah, haven't been to it yet meself but talking to a few people involved it seems to an all inclusive spot

I'm guessing they're not a long haired psychedelic stoner rock band

But given the punk scene these days I could be wrong
Yip yer probably right,

Das band aus Irland "Oxblood Attack" mit die Koncept Album abut Celtic Warriors, ze would cover derselfs in ze blut of die Ox prior to battle, das ist classic Irlanderish Doom Crust, mit Sean Fitzgerald on der Microphone!

The one huge problem with mass move to facebook is that there's no way of keeping track of gigs that are on anymore, if you're not direct mates with the promoter then the only way you're going to see about a gig is someone saying they're going in the facebook feed. Its doubly hard for someone who's new to the scene where they're just expected to magically know what gigs are on and what bands are to follow etc.

This isn't a punk/hardcore problem either, I only found about the Paul G Smyth concert series in the National Concert Hall when someone I know joined the event on facebook. Theres still only about 40 people saying they're going and I haven't seen it being mentioned anywhere else.

This is it, I'm not actually on facebook, so I fully depend on friends in the scene going "are you going to the ___" gig for me to even know about stuff. Its very lame.

This is it, I'm not actually on facebook, so I fully depend on friends in the scene going "are you going to the ___" gig for me to even know about stuff. Its very lame.

The number of times this has happened to me is just silly. Alternatively is seeing a gig listed for belfast/cork/galway and having to ask around about a dublin gig,only to find there is.

I'm often told why don't I just join facebook? My reply,why don't promoters promote?

I'm often told why don't I just join facebook? My reply,why don't promoters promote?

The amount this happens in England is fucking ridicules, Crippler have had so many gigs cancelled by joker promoters this year, cause these young promotors think Ill book bands, make a facebook event and that's job done....."what the band travelling 300 miles want 70 quid to cover their petrol, uh oh that means I have to pay them if no-one shows up, fuck it Ill just cancel it! its much easier" fucking complete jokers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back