helmet appreciation thread. (1 Viewer)

I only have strap it on and betty. Of those two, strap it on is the out and out winner. And Paige Hamilton = swoony.

Betty is a great album - number one in the Latchley Helmet hit parade anyway. Aftertaste is underrated, good to see it getting, er, a rating here. They were awesome at Dalymount, played "Just Another Victim" which was just dandy. I've that same Radio 1 live tape back at my folks' house. Will root it out when I'm home...

Anal_Hygiene said:
I saw them in Dalymount too, right before I threw a pipe bomb at the chili peppers.

A friend of mine worked in a garage around the time of Sunstroke and we stole loads of packets of ham the night before the gig. When the Chili Peppers were on their second or third number we started throwing the packets at them. One hit Flea and he said something along the lines of 'what the fuck's with the ham' to which we roared something uunintelligible. Even though I hate the Chili Peppers I do recall they weren't bad that day, they opened with the National Anthem which is always a masterstroke on the Nortsoide.

Alan Latchley said:
I've that same Radio 1 live tape back at my folks' house. Will root it out when I'm home...
I'm gonna try and source my copy, if not I may be borrowing yours....there's a nice little story about helmet here ------>http://www.myspace.com/helmetrocks

not sure john tempesta is the right man for the drums(but noone probably cars except me).

Ah, the helmet. Rokkin g'dokkin. I've only got Meantime and Betty - didn't even realise there was one before Meantime or that they'd reformed, duh. Wilma's Rainbow, Biscuits for Smut and Milquetoast are all good tunes on Betty but can't say I've ever sat through the whole thing more than a couple of time now that I think about it.

Betty is 'mazin'. Listen to it again Conor!

Been meaning to buy meantime for ages. Strap it on is pretty cool also. I don't like size matters or the after Betty, although it does have a deadly lyric that goes "The Savage Civil Servant's beady eye" or something.

Alan Latchley said:
Even though I hate the Chili Peppers I do recall they weren't bad that day, they opened with the National Anthem which is always a masterstroke on the Nortsoide.

I also was at that gig, and as I remember it, Anthony Kiedis put on the worst vocal performance this side of Ian Brown. Regarding Helment, I reckon Unsung, and Speechless from Betty to be their finest moments.

was walking down the street @ sxsw and heard sone tunes and was like ..."i know that" and then turned the corner and helmet were playing live for free ... outside.... wkd

Ah the Helmet...
Would've wiped the floor with Slipnot had the soundman givin them better welly

'Betty' is great! It's so moreish. Page Hamilton is no kid fiddler on the guitar. You might say he's sorta unsung.
He was in Band of Susans before Helmet were on the go.

"Have you heard about 'be your man' - talk alot and loud"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back