Headphones? (1 Viewer)

i'd love to get my hands on a pair of those.......ooh errr.

have you used any of the current higher end sennheisers to compare?

I have. I used the hd 650s.

The hd 650s had more apparent bottom end going on. But comparitively, the K701s are more open sounding. Better imaging. Nicer top end. Very very comfy.

If anything the hd 650's bottom end seemed more hyped.

The K701s have really good bottom end too, although they do lack the 100-400hz bump that the 650s have. To me they sound more natural.

That's depressing. Does this mean they'll be hyping or reducing the 1k to 5k area on the mini distortion boxes known as ipod headphones?

I'm actually waiting for the day when you turn on the radio and hear just a blast of white noise masquerading as Music. The Limiting on broadcast nowadays is just obscene. Thay have definitely boosted the 1k to 3k area on the multiband.

And people still think they want that ultra hammered sound when they're listening to mp3s. Where will it all end?

This reminds me of the hype when the Aphex Aural exciter came about. Legend has it that some dude wired up a homemade Hi-fi amp kit arseways and resulted in some bizarre high end distortion and phase shenanigans on the music put through it.

He documented what he had done wrong. Patented the design and filled his prototype with apoxy resin so no one could copy it. It was an instant hit. It's the sound of FM Radio. Fuzzy sibilance and white noise as the top end.

I have. I used the hd 650s.

The hd 650s had more apparent bottom end going on. But comparitively, the K701s are more open sounding. Better imaging. Nicer top end. Very very comfy.

If anything the hd 650's bottom end seemed more hyped.

The K701s have really good bottom end too, although they do lack the 100-400hz bump that the 650s have. To me they sound more natural.

cool, thanks, they're on the list so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back