Headline band not providing backline (1 Viewer)

BASS AMPS.
biggest pain to getta hold of.
always.
Even if I've had 4 bands playing I've had to ring around to get a bass amp for the night cos none of the bands have one, or 'say' they havent got one.

I agreed (as the promoter) to pay €20 (€5 per band) to the guy who lent me the bass amp- which i thought was fair enough.

maybe if you're 'sharing' your equipment alot and its pissing you off you should start charging?

its a fine line between being cool with lending your gear to people and getting taken advantage of.

Another girl has started doing this when she shares her drumkit out for a night..

Fuck it, next time I play a gig I'm just going to show up with my Guitar Hero controller

maybe share instruments too?

you reach a point (usually when you get good gear and give a shit about how it sounds) where showing up and plugging in just isn't an option

people are lazy now - i read a thing about blue cheer being totally unknown, first on the bill and bringing out amp after amp after amp and nailing them to the floor and just destroying everyone. people should do that
ive no problem with bands using separate gear but ataleast show up early to soundcheck it as opposed to turning up as their due on stage with all this fucking gear. but then again, the bands i work for for the most part are totally inexperienced and retarded

maybe share instruments too?

you reach a point (usually when you get good gear and give a shit about how it sounds) where showing up and plugging in just isn't an option

people are lazy now - i read a thing about blue cheer being totally unknown, first on the bill and bringing out amp after amp after amp and nailing them to the floor and just destroying everyone. people should do that
nailing the amps to the floor? so that the bands up after them would have to use their amps? i'm not following ya....

when we played our last gig another band asked if they could borrow our snare and our guitar leads cos they claimed to have forgotten everything. we said ok cos its nice to be obliging but we were fucking terrified that he would bust the snare cos we were the last band on. Anyway long story short, everything went ok except they didn't even say thanks for lending the gear, they just fucked it back on top of our stuff and pissed off home.

nailing the amps to the floor? so that the bands up after them would have to use their amps? i'm not following ya....

no, nailing the amps to the floor because they were an insanely heavy band
more bands should be insanely heavy! i think that's what my point was

it sounds cool too

when we played our last gig another band asked if they could borrow our snare and our guitar leads cos they claimed to have forgotten everything. we said ok cos its nice to be obliging but we were fucking terrified that he would bust the snare cos we were the last band on. Anyway long story short, everything went ok except they didn't even say thanks for lending the gear, they just fucked it back on top of our stuff and pissed off home.

that's fucked...if i were ever to borrow even a lead or something like that i'd buy the guy who lent it to me a beer.

no, nailing the amps to the floor because they were an insanely heavy band
more bands should be insanely heavy! i think that's what my point was

it sounds cool too
i thought that be what your point was...is...whatever.

One the best ones ever was when a guy in a band I'm in loaned his amp to another guy who didn't know how to use a standby switch so there was no guitar for their first song.

They were cool about it but some people in the crowd were saying we sabbotaged their sound hahahaha.

One the best ones ever was when a guy in a band I'm in loaned his amp to another guy who didn't know how to use a standby switch so there was no guitar for their first song.

They were cool about it but some people in the crowd were saying we sabbotaged their sound hahahaha.
haha,
i get that kind of shit all the time, just because some retards decide that they suddenly know how to use a DI box by taking off the -30db pads and plugging it into the speaker output.... hilarious thundering feedback ensues.. idiots

yeah, the flaw i see in this plan is what if you show up and you can't match heads to cabs because of wattage/ohmage reasons.

not that i know anything about wattage/ohmage/electricity/anything.

just hold tight to the amp while you're water on it. i've been told to do that a few times - haven't gotten 'round to it yet though

:rolleyes:
- leigh

i used to think that, but not anymore. decent sound guy should have no problem with it at all. mark your board, remember the placements, changeover should take no more than 5 minutes, which is less time than i've spent poking at buttons on someone elses amp wondering what they do

you have a point, but i guess its personal. I used to enjoy plugging into different headlining bands' bass amps as they were always better than mine and I'd get various different concoctions of awesomeness that could never be repeated on my shitty amp. I fully enjoyed it.
i don;t think a band has to sound the same every time they play. but i suppose i am in the minority there. granted as long as it doesn't sound shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back