Headline band not providing backline (1 Viewer)

band has it's own gear, knows how it's meant to sound, gives an engineer less room to cock it up

The engineers will still fuck it up in my experience, even the most basic shit at our gigs like 'KEEP BOTH GUITARS AT THE SAME AUDIBLE LEVELS' was beyond the capability of our last engineer at the Sugar Club. Couldn't hear the Rythm guitar for the whole gig! I know coz I recorded it with a minidisc and mic. We were the main act. Whats the point of soundchecking again?

I'm still angry about it

Is it Angel Pier?

You're playing with them next month you know.

On a totally unrelated note any chance you could bring the entire backline for that?

Edit: ;)

yeah no problem Al! :D

by the way, I have no truck with Angel Pier, who are coming all the way up from Wexford and are supplying gear

I'm just speaking generally, as it's something I've noticed at some gigs we've played (not the ballroom).

well my back is billygannoned what with carrying amps and drum stands and whatnot. And what with baby-induced sleep deprivation, I am like the walking dead most the time anyway, even without having to lug gear. But....never!!

We suppoerted some band a few months ago who insisted on us (support band) going on AFTER them (headline band) in the headlining slot.

I wish i knew why that happened.

Definitely was done so they could get to play a full set to your crowd...who would've probably disappeared once you were finished playing.

Or else they wanted to play first so you'd get the dreaded "last bus" slot.

Brian has the right adea at RNRMF. Shared kit, shared cabs, bring your own heads.

I loaned my head to a few people that night too but I dont really like doing that unless I know them well.
Ended up blowing a fuse then before the end of our set.....

Moral-Be wary of letting anybody use your guitar head.

I think my bass amp has been played by half of dublin and a shit load of touring bands at this stage but its solid state so its pretty indestructable but loads of bass players dont own an amp thats remotely up to playing beside a decent guitar head and cab:confused:

Honestly I think if you are remotely serious about playing you should have your own decent gear and if you don't make it a priority to get it.

Brian has the right adea at RNRMF. Shared kit, shared cabs, bring your own heads.

I loaned my head to a few people that night too but I dont really like doing that unless I know them well.
Ended up blowing a fuse then before the end of our set.....

Moral-Be wary of letting anybody use your guitar head.

I think my bass amp has been played by half of dublin and a shit load of touring bands at this stage but its solid state so its pretty indestructable but loads of bass players dont own an amp thats remotely up to playing beside a decent guitar head and cab:confused:

Honestly I think if you are remotely serious about playing you should have your own decent gear and if you don't make it a priority to get it.
yeah, the flaw i see in this plan is what if you show up and you can't match heads to cabs because of wattage/ohmage reasons.

not that i know anything about wattage/ohmage/electricity/anything.

yeah, the flaw i see in this plan is what if you show up and you can't match heads to cabs because of wattage/ohmage reasons.

not that i know anything about wattage/ohmage/electricity/anything.

You can change the impedience/ohm on most valve heads so its never a problem.
Unless you own a bassman of course;)then your suckered.

its a hell of alot eaiser to make all the bands sound good when theyre sharing gear and youve limited no. of channels. less fucking about too.

maybe share instruments too?

you reach a point (usually when you get good gear and give a shit about how it sounds) where showing up and plugging in just isn't an option

people are lazy now - i read a thing about blue cheer being totally unknown, first on the bill and bringing out amp after amp after amp and nailing them to the floor and just destroying everyone. people should do that

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back