Has anyone ever gotten rid of a wasps nest? (2 Viewers)

Can you just block up the hole in the wall, Ian?

Also, wasps take a mental snapshot when they leave the nest and thats how they recognise the place when they return.

Apparently, there are these wasps that live underground and would fly out through a hole, circle around and take a snap of the area and fly off. Some scientists observing this moved everything around the hole around two inches to the left and when the wasp came back, it slammed into the ground two inches to the left of the hole.

Maybe if you rearrange your garden after they all leave, the wasps will be confused and move on. Or you could recreate your garden in your neighbours garden and all of the wasps would move next door.

Hope this helps.

how much money would you have to be given to put a wasp up your hole?

Can you just block up the hole in the wall, Ian?

Also, wasps take a mental snapshot when they leave the nest and thats how they recognise the place when they return.

Apparently, there are these wasps that live underground and would fly out through a hole, circle around and take a snap of the area and fly off. Some scientists observing this moved everything around the hole around two inches to the left and when the wasp came back, it slammed into the ground two inches to the left of the hole.

Maybe if you rearrange your garden after they all leave, the wasps will be confused and move on. Or you could recreate your garden in your neighbours garden and all of the wasps would move next door.

Hope this helps.

again:

Location of the hive changes removal techniques. Hives can form in trees and bushes or under eaves of structures; they may appear in variations on the classic form we all know from cartoons. But bees and wasps can also live underground and in walls. In these locations (especially within walls), removing or killing becomes more of a challenge. A wall opening shouldn't simply be blocked off, because the bees will only be driven to find an exit inside the building itself, leading to a potentially dangerous situation for anyone in the building.
Beehives in a wall or underground definitely require the assistance of a skilled professional. Removing the colony from a wall involves that much more skilled labor. Sometimes removal won't be an option; a professional will be able to assess the situation to make that judgment. Even killing becomes more difficult within a wall. If honeybees or wasps are killed within a wall, all of the remains must be removed. Otherwise, residual honey or insect carcasses will attract other pests into the building.

from http://www.howtodothings.com/home-an...a-beehive.html

Blocking up me hole= not a good idea

yep. we had two . one in a gap in a wall the other under a tree. we had to call this guy who blocked it off and pumped some vapour of some sort into the nest. then he covered it an took it away

The John Goodman out of Aracnaphobia guy is coming today.... AND I WONT BE THERE!

I'll miss all the fun

bbbzzzzzzzzzz bzzzzzzzzzz roysh bzzzzz bzzzzzz where's my focking latte bzz bzzzzzzzz ah Derv, whip us up a sanger with parma hom and baby cos, there's a good girl bbbzzzzzzzzz where's the fockeen hewl gone? bzzzzzz

remember that song jonathan richman covered called Buzz Buzz Buzz?

You see, Buzz buzz buzz goes the honey bee
and tweedily tweedily twee goes the bird
but the sound of your little voice darling
that’s the sweetest sound i’ve ever heard

I say, Buzz buzz buzz goes the honey bee
while tweedily tweedily twee goes the bird
Buzz buzz buzz goes the honey bee

let’s go out to the clover now
up in maine and the grass is growin

and, Buzz buzz buzz goes the honey bee
but the sound of your little voice is sweeter
it’s the sweetest sound i’ve ever heard

well I love to be out here, in the springtime
with the birds and the bees
the bees sing good
the birds sing good
but they’re not like you for me

Buzz buzz buzz goes the honey bee
but the sound of your little voice darling
that’s the sweetest sound i’ve ever heard

tell them the modern lovers
(Buzz buzz buzz)
(that’s what the honey bee does)
tweedily tweedily twee
(you know the bird does that)
buzz buzz buzz (goes the honey bee)
(and) tweedily tweedily twee (goes the bird)

Buzz buzz buzz
(goes the honey bee)
tweedily tweedily twee
(goes the bird)
buzz buzz buzz (goes nature’s honey bee)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back