Has anyone ever gotten rid of a wasps nest? (2 Viewers)

get a hollow tube and pass some twine through it, fix this twine to the top of a bin liner. Then staying as far away as possible and place the bag over the nest and pull the chord. Nest and wasps stay in the bag and you get to feel like mcgiver. worked for me anyway!

Fuuuuuuuuck

There was one in the garden last year. On the ground, so we set fire to it and the nest was thrown away...

Seems like a few survived and have taken up residence in a hollow in the wall at head height, so thats a bit of a problem. Noticed it last night when the lads were coming home for the night. Reeeeal creepy. I cant see it being easy seeing as they are inside the fricken wall.

We had one in the attic. Got at it with the powder from a whole in the awning outside. It worked grand, but some of them did move outside, but They were no problem. So anyway, find the hole that they use to get in and out of the wall and throw the powder on it.

Fuuuuuuuuck

There was one in the garden last year. On the ground, so we set fire to it and the nest was thrown away...

Seems like a few survived and have taken up residence in a hollow in the wall at head height, so thats a bit of a problem. Noticed it last night when the lads were coming home for the night. Reeeeal creepy. I cant see it being easy seeing as they are inside the fricken wall.

There may be more than one if you can't see the actual nest. Breeze blocks are a curse.

I doubt they're the same from last year.

Then get this stuff out

5454762d4547526241386b764a383334545551-150x188-0-0.jpg

get a hollow tube and pass some twine through it, fix this twine to the top of a bin liner. Then staying as far away as possible and place the bag over the nest and pull the chord. Nest and wasps stay in the bag and you get to feel like mcgiver. worked for me anyway!

i'd pay to see ian try this.

genius

you could then leave the bag outside a charity shop

for the laugh

IN the space of ten mins, at least 50 went in... It was dusk.
It was a pretty amazing/creepy sight just to sit and watch a tiny wasp come from a huge expanse of sky and glide gracefully into the hole.
Like tie fighters entering the mothership.

Well, after we got them out of our attic, they flew out into the garden to make the second nest. Thousands of them. They blotted out the sun. It was amazing.

Bollix

Location of the hive changes removal techniques. Hives can form in trees and bushes or under eaves of structures; they may appear in variations on the classic form we all know from cartoons. But bees and wasps can also live underground and in walls. In these locations (especially within walls), removing or killing becomes more of a challenge. A wall opening shouldn't simply be blocked off, because the bees will only be driven to find an exit inside the building itself, leading to a potentially dangerous situation for anyone in the building.
Beehives in a wall or underground definitely require the assistance of a skilled professional. Removing the colony from a wall involves that much more skilled labor. Sometimes removal won't be an option; a professional will be able to assess the situation to make that judgment. Even killing becomes more difficult within a wall. If honeybees or wasps are killed within a wall, all of the remains must be removed. Otherwise, residual honey or insect carcasses will attract other pests into the building.

from http://www.howtodothings.com/home-and-garden/a4705-how-to-get-rid-of-a-beehive.html

Thoughts of doing this myself are now officially out the window.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back