Hardy Bucks (1 Viewer)

Best new comedy in years.I love it.I've been telling loads of people about it but they're all too scepitcal to give it a bash.

the speed dating one? i thought that was brilliant, one of the best... that had the most amount of the viper in it... also the boo attempting to combine pick up artist speed seduction with a head full of poitin was priceless.

"Wat cologne are you wearin'?
Scent of a champion, Lidl's finest!"

"Have you seen Titanic? What in the fuck was the driver playin' at... crashin' into the fuckin' sea.. or the boat, or the big shtones..."

"Yeah, good man yourself, you're a sound fucker, good luck... prick."

"So, whaddya like to do? Pints? Films? ... Pints?"

yeah, this was funny for a bit. gets old pretty quick though.

Can I just say for the record that in this here Storyland competition that The Rentals Boys the program that seems to be beating the Hardy Bucks most of the time is some of the worst shite I have ever seen. Hardy Bucks all the way mon.

Having never seen that Rental Boys shit, I feel safe in saying that if it beats Hardy Bucks, then it's only because RTE have rigged the Storyland poll because they know they'd never be able to actually produce Hardy Bucks without scheduling it around 12 a.m every night after most people have gone to bed.

Having never seen that Rental Boys shit, I feel safe in saying that if it beats Hardy Bucks, then it's only because RTE have rigged the Storyland poll because they know they'd never be able to actually produce Hardy Bucks without scheduling it around 12 a.m every night after most people have gone to bed.

why do you think that beardy?

rental boys is a bag of shite. hardy bucks is amazing.
end of.

Ernesto: He Speaks The Truth (on this occasion)

Rental Boys is a very lame 'hey I've watched Spaced/Clerks/Arrested Development' and am going to lazily rob ideas and gags from them with little or no imagination. Shame because some of the guys in it can be quite funny in their own sketch show stuff but there's no saving Rental Boys.

Hardy Bucks on the other hand are just funny funny fuckers.

The contextless AD Star Wars kid joke in the last Rental Boys was horrendous. I didn't think it could get much worse.

I am really liking Hardy Bucks though. Wasn't sure when I first had a look a few months ago, but watched them all the other day after seeing this thread, and really enjoyed it. There's a good atmosphere to it that Irish comedy just doesn't have. It doesn't feel try-hard at all.
That said, hopefully they'll get some sort of commission and get a chance to develop the characters a bit. The Viper is a great character, just the big shmug head on him is funny enough, but I don't think they quite get enough out of him. Though the last one featured him a lot more. Anyway, very encouraging to see this stuff getting made. And, despite the quality of most of the content, Storyland is a really excellent idea.

My mum, on the advice of my brother, started watching Hardy Bucks today. I've never heard her giggling to herself so much.

http://www.rte.ie/storyland/finalists/hardybucks.html

New episode up.

"You know if you listen to enough Tool it can cure cancer"

it's much shorter than the last couple of episodes, roughly half the length of the two previous. on the official hardy bucks facebook group, today's message says "thanks for voting despite only having the RTE cut to watch... youtube up soon", so i presume that's been severely edited. can't wait to see the full version. these guys deserve a full tv series - with NO censorship - and a proper dvd release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back