Guitar (1 Viewer)

billygannon

Contributor
Right...

I'm going to buy a guitar in the next couple of months. What would be a good guitar to start with?

plush_fuzzypink.jpg

I reccomend not going overboard if it's your first- get a cheapish acoustic that you think sounds nice, and if you learn anything and stick with it, then invest in something better when you're sure.

Aoife. No.

I want to start off in the deep end. What is the best electric guitar that money can buy?

My first guitar was a Flying-V I made myself out of lego. For a first guitar I recommend either of these:

Attachments

• lG32.jpg
    lG32.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 134
  • v_j_11a.jpg
    v_j_11a.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 139
Larry Potter said:
Aoife. No.

I want to start off in the deep end. What is the best electric guitar that money can buy?
depends how much you have & want to spend and what type of music you intend to play (what you listen to rather)

if you're going electric just get a squier strat (about 200 euro ish) and a 10 watt amp (another 70 euro). acoustic/semi acoustic just get something like an aria or cheap (made in china) fender.

Or you could buy a gretsch for 6-7000 dollars and a huge marshall stack with all the effects pedals IN THE WORLD. or get a custom built fender, the potterstang, for about 50,000

Larry Potter said:
Right...

I'm going to buy a guitar in the next couple of months. What would be a good guitar to start with?

get an epiphone - a good guitar which will last you if you turn out great, but which won't break your bank if you throw it away after one go. If that's too expensive, buy a squire.

It'll hurt your fingers Billy - don't say you weren't warned.

seriously, if you wanna hand picking out a geetar, giz a shout.

Havent Danelectro stopped? Havent seen the guitars around for a while anyway.
If it's a Gibson style guitar you're looking don't get an epiphone,the hardware usually all needs replacing soon enough. Go for a Gordon Smith,only slightly more expensive than an epiphone but give Gibsons a run for the money.
Really though,what type of music do you intend playing and how serious are you about playing? do you intend playing in bands for a long time to come or just noodling at home,etc?

last i checked you could still pick one up mad cheap, they're not the best guitars for gigs but they're fun to mess around on, really light and mine is shiney....ooops, forget that last part:p

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
Havent Danelectro stopped? Havent seen the guitars around for a while anyway.
QUOTE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back