Grafitti (3 Viewers)

i am of the opinion that the people of the north should decide their own future.

[sitting on]fence[/sitting on]

Originally posted by nine
i am of the opinion that the people of the north should decide their own future.

[sitting on]fence[/sitting on]

shouldn't everyone?

further to herv:

lyrics to arab strap's song "bruce willis":

oh, i'd fuck bruce willis,
if i had a fanny,
but i dinnae,
so i cannae.

that's it. genius of pat ingoldsby-like proportions.

further to graffiti:

toilet door, taken up with discussion of i.r.a. (left hand side) and gayness (right hand side). in the middle: "partition is gay". classic.

what about the chewing gum monument/sculpture outside killiney dart station? not exactly graffiti, more folk art, but pretty impressive all the same.

Originally posted by Wayne
Donore Ave \ Tentures

"Trimble YOUR the weakest link, goodbye"

yeah - i seem to remember something similar to that under which some "wag" (jaysus, i hate that word, i sound like gay byrne) had written "i don't think trimble uses this toilet"

Another one which is even closer to home.
On the side of a local shop in Crumlin

" The O' Dwyers of Saul Road are all rats"

And where I Have the Quotation marks there are crudely drawn pictures of guns pointing at the sentence.
The O' Dwyers are a family that lives a few doors up from me who have been the local Heroin Suppliers to half the Junkies in the area.

graffiti:

all time fav bit graffiti:

drogheda bus station :

FAYZER 4 HELEN.

i used to see this every day from the bus. it seemed to have been there forever.

then one day the HELEN was scribbled out, and it said ELLEN.

to this day i wonder:
1 did he dump helen and start going out with ellen?
2 was he calling her 'helen' all the time and not realise her name?

Originally posted by egg_
Tesco Phibsboro - never mind your fresh herbs, they never have bananas and oranges in there at the same time. And the checkout girls wipe down their checkouts with baby oil (honest) ... I have no idea why

Eurgh.

They never have ANYTHING edible in that fucking 'super'market, it's like Russia pre-Glastnost. I'm surprised they don't make you queue up to not find any food on the shelves, then queue up to pay for it, then queue up to collect it.

another fine example from henry st. - "sharon murphy rides anyone and oul fellas and john smith"

so, obviously, john smith is not an oul fella, but is he not anyone? or indeed, are oul fellas not anyone? the philosophical questions raised are quite troubling...

In Armagh a couple of years ago:

"Up the RA, fuck your ma"

Another time in Galway there was a little "IRA" scrawled at the top of a cubicle door. Over the course of a couple of weeks, an argument developed, on the door, about the IRA. Guys were writing essays and shit (literally). It filled up the whole door. Real academic stuff and some of it in Irish, as it was a UCG jacks.

Then the guy who had written the original "IRA" wrote "All this fuss because my name's Ian Richard Anderson".

Well I thought it was funny.

Originally posted by kirstie

I know this trick, you can curdle it that way though. And I never called myself a southsider as I am NO SUCH THING.

Actually, I stand corrected... it IS sour cream... when in the posh tesco in mini-brit shopping centre (jervis st)... it was clearly marked sour cream, yet having eaten in a mexican place in southern calafornia it's called soured cream... hmmm

Whats the story with mini-brit tesco anyhoo, theyve about 30 checkouts and even at peak times they still only have about 6 or 7 open... I ALWAYS end up qing longer than I shop...

Originally posted by Ian

Whats the story with mini-brit tesco anyhoo, theyve about 30 checkouts and even at peak times they still only have about 6 or 7 open... I ALWAYS end up qing longer than I shop...

I hate that Tesco, it gives me nightmares of claustrophobia, it and the one beneath the Stephen's Green centre. Plus you can never find a basket.*

However Tesco can kiss the arse of my list of greviences - it's Aer Lingus I am reserving my wrath for today. Stupid hateful life ruining prick eyes.

*Note: I don't actually spend all my life checking out various supermarkets, honest.

From toilet jacks in school:

"Up the RA"

Written underneath:

"Up your MA"

Classic.

Across the bridge from O'Sheas off licence on Dorset St. somebody wrote ROBOT RIVERVALLE Y 2001 in large blue writing. Being from Rivervalley, I feel pretty proud whenever I see it. It's good to know that Rivervallians can make it as far as Dorset St. I think it's Rob O'T rather than an actual robot from Rivervalley who wrote it though.

Originally posted by Sprite Boy

Last night I saw the following in a pub pisser

I
RID
YOUR
MOT

Excellent

That would be funny if I dident know the pubs you frequent...
If it's in the jacks of SoSuMe or spi it's probably someone writing in an expencive pen being all tipsy and pro-active in ironic post-southside cool

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back