Good man Stephen Ireland... (1 Viewer)

haven't i said that a million times? i just wish he'd say something other than making excuses about traps phone or other shit like "not playing for ireland is the best decision i made..yadda yadda". he's in a tough spot at englands richest club. he loses his form, they can buy 5 replacements in january. he now needs ireland, and on the cusp of a play off against the french, more than ireland needs him.

Ah, I see where you're going with it now. Don't think I read it thoroughly.
Fair enough, I suppose.

Not as many times as he's done his silly 'Stephen Hunt is to blame for everything' wobbler. Give it a fucking rest No. 7.

I was just doing my bit to keep the argument circular.
I hadn't copped it had evolved.

Sorry for bumping this thread but in an inteview with the Guardian, Ireland claims that there is an agenda against Cork players from the powers that be in Dublin.

"Keane used to say the Irish set-up was biased towards players from Dublin and Ireland agrees. "Even now, I know for a fact it's exactly the same – they pick all the Dublin lads, one or two Cork lads, and the Cork lads are thrown on the back seat and that's basically it.""

THIS IS A DISGRACE!!!

Is he actually serious about the anti-Cork bias stuff? How has Liam Miller been repeatedly picked, even when he's without a club, if that's true? I'm glad at least to hear him finally come out and say that the bullying rumours were a total myth. If he genuinely cares so little about the national team and has felt that way since he was a kid then feck it, leave him be, he's well and truely burned his bridges with all this stuff anyway. I really hope we make the World Cup and give him plenty of reasons to regret his decision.

Daddy Dick can fuck away off, the spa

Stephen-Ireland-001.jpg

The bit about getting the train to Dublin on his own when playing under-age and "not being looked after". I mean, for fuck's sake. He has some ego on him.

Is he actually serious about the anti-Cork bias stuff? How has Liam Miller been repeatedly picked, even when he's without a club, if that's true?

I think he's mainly talking about the underage set up. It's a bit rich either way considering both himself and keano deserted their country when they were needed most. For him to come out and drag up all this crap a day before our biggest game in years shows how much class the guy has, he's a spineless, heartless, arrogant prick. It seems as if he can't justify playing for us because there is no personal gain or merit in it which goes compleatly against the fundamentals of being part of a football team or any team for that matter. The way he talks about it sounds to me like a lad who won't do a nixer because he's not getting paid for it or not getting anything out of it, he's brought football down to a basic level, it's just a job to him, there doesn't seem to be much passion there at all. If that's his general attitude you'd have to think he'll be found wanting later on in his career. I would love it if he found himself surplus to requirements at City in the next year or two.

I think he's mainly talking about the underage set up. It's a bit rich either way considering both himself and keano deserted their country when they were needed most. For him to come out and drag up all this crap a day before our biggest game in years shows how much class the guy has, he's a spineless, heartless, arrogant prick. It seems as if he can't justify playing for us because there is no personal gain or merit in it which goes compleatly against the fundamentals of being part of a football team or any team for that matter. The way he talks about it sounds to me like a lad who won't do a nixer because he's not getting paid for it or not getting anything out of it, he's brought football down to a basic level, it's just a job to him, there doesn't seem to be much passion there at all. If that's his general attitude you'd have to think he'll be found wanting later on in his career. I would love it if he found himself surplus to requirements at City in the next year or two.

Well said, SS, that's precisely how I read the situation. It's staggering to contrast his attitude with that of, say, Shay Given and even more staggering to contrast it with your average GAA player. SI has made me love those guys even more now, so fair play to him for that.

1224251490127_1.jpg

I would love it, LOOOVVEEE IITTTTT

He's had that for ages. Here it is in all its glory.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back