Going Vegetarian (2 Viewers)

avernus said:
ye spose - still though, lots of folks go back to the meat cos they love the taste. not me though - also I hate the vitamins.
22 years on and i still really miss sausages and rashers.

if i could find a picture of the dog from That's Life that could say "sausages" i'd post it here right now.

pete said:
if i could find a picture of the dog from That's Life that could say "sausages" i'd post it here right now.

thatssausages.jpg

SAUSAGES!

haha

I miss BLTs - cos now, theyre just LTs. which, lets face it, sucks.
I remember when I got sunstroke, I got a major hankering for some potatoes.

pete said:
nah

i read in a couple of places that cravings for certain foods can be linked back to nutritional deficiencies. i wasn't sure (see: "probably mean") so looked it up. turns out the brainy mcbrainsons out there don't believe it.

Although some people say it holds true for women in the family way with the iron and the anaemia and the coal and the so forth.

so there you go
all i mean is it's not the only cause for cravings.

Ciaran Mackle said:
I am trying to going vegetarian at the minute. So I was wondering if anyone has any tips for really getting going at it cause everytime I try to do it I always end up eating meat. I dont really wanna restrict my diet to eating carrots and peas everynight so any websites with really good recipies would be cool

just as a matter of interest, whats your reasoning for "going" vegetarian as it were?

I could lie and says its a health thing which it isnt cause I probaly will end up unhealthier for doing it. But really its just cause I cant dealw tih eating meat thinking that this is an innocent animal which has been killed just to fill my appetite.

yesterdays lunch. Roasted sweet potato, stuffed with, feta cheese and black olive and carrot with a puy lentil side salad. WHAPOW

oh aoifs; i seem to have gone off fish again. but i'm open to change

Ciaran Mackle said:
IBut really its just cause I cant dealw tih eating meat thinking that this is an innocent animal which has been killed just to fill my appetite.
"fill my appetite", i.e. survive. That's the way it is! What if you're an eskimo, it's life, it's not nice.
Maybe this'll make you feel better...
"Would that you could live on the fragrance of the earth, and like an air plant be sustained by the light. But since you must kill to eat, and rob the newly born of its mother's milk to quench your thirst, let it then be an act of worship, And let your board stand an altar on which the pure and the innocent of forest and plain are sacrificed for that which is purer and still more innocent in man.
When you kill a beast say to him in your heart: "By the same power that slays you, I too am slain; and I too shall be consumed. For the law that delivered you into my hand shall deliver me into a mightier hand. Your blood and my blood is naught but the sap that feeds the tree of heaven."

or not.

broken arm said:
yesterdays lunch. Roasted sweet potato, stuffed with, feta cheese and black olive and carrot with a puy lentil side salad. WHAPOW

oh aoifs; i seem to have gone off fish again. but i'm open to change

Holy Crap that sounds good... did you make it?
Fishes is stinky, slippy and look to horrible to eat. Except tropical ones that look like ice pops with fins.

Ciaran Mackle.... fair fucks to ye. For a while there I pretended that I wasn't eating meat solely for health reasons because people gave me guff about the humanitarian reasons (I think they were trying to make themselves feel better about eating meat). Now I'm vaguely principled and proud, and the health benefits are like a lovely side dish.

I think eating only free range chicken, beef etc is a fair choice. Or else just not eating pig and chicken cos they're mostly battery style farmed and the free range is pretty expensive.

Ciaran Mackle said:
I could lie and says its a health thing which it isnt cause I probaly will end up unhealthier for doing it. But really its just cause I cant dealw tih eating meat thinking that this is an innocent animal which has been killed just to fill my appetite.

But surely if you were that disgusted by it you would find it quite easy not to eat meat?? no?

The said:
But surely if you were that disgusted by it you would find it quite easy not to eat meat?? no?

I was quite disgusted by the fact that I smoked cigarettes, yet didn't find it easy not to smoke. I wanted to smoke, but knew it was wrong. Perhaps it's a case where he's gotta make the choice, despite his manly meat cravings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back