Going Vegetarian (2 Viewers)

ah remember when it mattered whether people were "veggies" or "ate meat" or "veggies that ate fish and chicken" or "vegan" blah blah and you'd sit up for hours discussing it. It's not that getting older means you don't care, it's jut that I don't care what others do or don't do. it's easy to be a crap ill veggie but unneccessary.

aoifed said:
I was quite disgusted by the fact that I smoked cigarettes, yet didn't find it easy not to smoke. I wanted to smoke, but knew it was wrong. Perhaps it's a case where he's gotta make the choice, despite his manly meat cravings.

hehe
it's very hard to be vegetarian when you're living at home with meat-eating parents. you're going to to find it tough to be able to cook while doin school stuff, having a life etc.
when i was 15 i told me ma no more meat for me please.
a few days of mash potatoes and boiled carrots or oven chips soon beat me back into line.
best of luck Mr M

meats not an addictive substance though. You may crave it but not in the same way you'd crave cigarettes. I suppose it wouldn't be too bad to be a vegetarian nowadays seeing as there is loads of vegetarian food available. Although I'd miss getting a burger and chips at three in the morning....hillbillies mmmmmm...
My best friend was a veggie for years until she realised that she didn't like animals as much as she liked eating chicken. She tried to hide the fact that she had reverted back to meat eating but we all found out...oh the shame she felt was immense

i got off meat simply by thinking about all the crap that was in it, the minging grisle in chicken, the chewy anus pieces in sausages, etc. these days i am more than happy with the veggie alternatives (although i know i eat waaaay too much frozen veggie stuff).

once you go veggie for the right reasons you'll never look back.

my advice: give yourself six months to give up gelatine and all that crap after you give up meat, less stuff to worry about.

and good luck ciaran.

damien said:
my advice: give yourself six months to give up gelatine and all that crap after you give up meat, less stuff to worry about

so very, very true. that gelatine crap finds its way into the bizarrest places.

would it be THAT hard to use pectin?

bastards.

pete said:
so very, very true. that gelatine crap finds its way into the bizarrest places.

bastards.

i'll never give up my guinness. you may have to kill me to.

edit: although I'd like to clarify there is no gelatine in guinness - isinglass is the bad boy.

damien said:
i got off meat simply by thinking about all the crap that was in it, the minging grisle in chicken, the chewy anus pieces in sausages, etc. these days i am more than happy with the veggie alternatives (although i know i eat waaaay too much frozen veggie stuff).

once you go veggie for the right reasons you'll never look back.

my advice: give yourself six months to give up gelatine and all that crap after you give up meat, less stuff to worry about.

and good luck ciaran.

cheers. i am pretty much determined to do this. i think my only real problem is what bernard was saying about living at home with meat eating parents. they are kinda pissy about it. so i am gonna try to do all my own cooking from now on cause i dont think they'll assist in any way. they keep making remarks about me being a hippy or something!

just ask them if they really NEED to cause the suffering and death of innocent creatures and watch that beautiful guilt spread across their face as they try to justify it!!

Yeh I actually did that and their reaction was "its a naturla thing that humans have done since the beginning of time" so I said we werent savages and they were left with no reaction!

It's the food chain lads...it's natural. Animals eat other animals and they don't look too guilty about it

thats because animals lack the intelligence to cook soya and vegetable meals, unless of course you're saying animals are as smart as humans.

you know you can survive without meat.

animals dont.

If your going off meat for genuine reasons it shouldent be difficult at all.

As soon as i started finding out just the smallest amount of stuff about the cruelty of meat production and the dangers of excessive meat eating that was all it took.

If your finding it a real struggle to stop eating meat than you probably just need to find out more about it...its really fucked.

Denver Max said:
just ask them if they really NEED to cause the suffering and death of innocent creatures and watch that beautiful guilt spread across their face as they try to justify it!!
If i know my meat comes from ethical farms i feel about as guilty as a dog chewing a bone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back