Going to college in Dublin (1 Viewer)

muffin said:
i was there 2000-2003..and theres about 5 people im still mates with and maybe another 5 who i wouldnt ignore in the street..i guess im just not in to that mass organised craziness that goes on in maynooth..its all a bit too 'oh im so wacky' for my liking..i really liked my course but it was more the people i didnt like..and to be fair if yr tryin to get work done you shouldnt have to avoid the library just to avoid complete tools.. but as has been said college is such a personal thing that to each his own etc etc...

yea that's when i was there.i dunno, you're going to get poseurs everywhere you go but i honestly didn't think that place was too bad for them.also the library isn;t the only place to study, if you're not in the mood for chit-chat just get the books and go elsewhere.what do other alumni think?

as ive said richie college is such a personal thing..i was in ucd and hated it but some of my mates who started with me loved it..all im doin is puttin across what i thought of maynooth..im sure mackle is smart enogh to know that everything here is just peoples opinion and yr never gonna have the exact same experience as someone else...

muffin said:
as ive said richie college is such a personal thing..i was in ucd and hated it but some of my mates who started with me loved it..all im doin is puttin across what i thought of maynooth..im sure mackle is smart enogh to know that everything here is just peoples opinion and yr never gonna have the exact same experience as someone else...

love the way everyone calls him mackle.no i'm not tryin to start an argument, i'm just trying to get it clearer in my head what pissed you off so much about it.sorry if i'm being a bit antagonistic, works a bit shit today:eek:

I did my degee in town, and never really, in all honesty, realised how GAA held the country in sway until I went to Maynooth. There is an odd division between town and country - loads of people from Dublin, particularly west Dublin, and then tons, and I mean TONS of GAA jersies. I was amazed, obviously pure ignorance on my part, but listening to girls in lectures talk about 'feeking the cavan goalie' was new to my ears.

With all fairness... Maynooth is a pretty small place after three years in there. It was good for boozin when I was there. The Roost has become a right poncey place in the last couple of years.
And Caulfields. Oh dear - talk about the Celtic Tiger raping everything sacred.

Shrone said:
With all fairness... Maynooth is a pretty small place after three years in there. It was good for boozin when I was there. The Roost has become a right poncey place in the last couple of years.
And Caulfields. Oh dear - talk about the Celtic Tiger raping everything sacred.

yea that place used to be deadly.what a waste of money.bradys i believe is the new hip place to go so the roost is ok again thankfully

maynooth
priests.jpg

Which DIT? I was in Aungier St a few years ago as an undergrad but could give some info on the atmosphere and accommodation side of things if it's there that you're thinking of.

DCU is a 45 minute walked from O'Connell St. Don't know what that would be on a bike and I'm not the fastest of walkers. I'm in DCU now. It's kinda dull but if the course is worth it and you've got good mates then you can make your own fun anywhere I suppose. I had great fun as an undergraduate but it isn't particularly good for ents, college bar is rubbish, local pubs only slightly better. You could go to DCU and live in Phibsboro. It has alot more going on than DCU and environs and is a short walk from the city centre. I haven't a clue about the CS other than a huge amount of people drop out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back