Going dancing in Dublin (1 Viewer)

I keep meaning to go to ASSQUAKE in the thomas house. Mostly cos it has the best name for a clubnight ever.

ASSQUAKE!!!!

well................ I've been askin the EXACT same question to dublin ppl since I've moved here and the reality is dire...
Apparently there is no life beyond Whelans or Doyles for dancin!! Just pure dancin (minus the posing)

And nobody'll come to Fibbers with me either... Jeeze this place sucks!

(oh I miss strange brew so much.... :( )

i was at Fibbers on saturday night

amzing

Thomas House is pretty good some fridays for decent funk, post punk danceable bands and stuff...like ESG, Talking Heads, James Brown, Ian Dury, Sly

its not every friday though, so I'm into a bit of pot luck

are they still playing 'head like a hole' and 'killing in the name of'?

i heard 'them bones' and some hole and that was about it
but i was only downstairs for a while as i was mesmerized by the band upstairs, playing a rock medley of paranoid, ace of spades and a whole lot of rosie

like a heavy jive bunny

and i saw a guy who looked like he was pinhead's brother

It does sound deadly - but any time I've been to the Thomas House (haven't been in years though) I've sat around drinking pints for ages waiting for the dancing to start, then got fed up and gone home

Why didn't YOU start the dancing? That works pretty well I find.

Ideally it'd be someplace that will play both Funky Kingston and A Forest, plus that remix of The Incredible Bongo Band doing Apache. If I had to choose one it'd take the funky shit rather than the indie classics, but it'd have to be actually funky and none of yer disco/house/acid-and-or-latin-jazz crack

Would Ri-Ra's not be your best bet for those sort of tunes? Mind you I haven't stepped foot in Ri-Ra's in about four years so I don't know if they've changed their music policy.

Oh! One Friday night a week or two ago me and my friends went to 4 Lame Lane after the boozer. Wasn't expecting much, but it wasn't jammed at all. The D1 lads were playing and there was a good 40 minutes of solid Prince and Stevie Wonder and nothing else. WINNERZ.

DJ's currently playing in Dublin that I like: Poppy in Sin E playing soul/reggae/50s shit, the Rockabilly dudes in the Dice, yer wan Oona who plays awesome shit in Gubu, and me (everyone's their own favourite DJ right?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back