going back to uni (1 Viewer)

I'd like to go back to college and do more of this:

partying_1.jpg

bb-gavin.JPG

mullet.jpg

ninja_fight_005.jpg

WTF LOL ROFL

The French call this type of move a 'reculer pour mieux sauter' - basically taking a step back so as to jump better - you could always get a job posting on Thumped all day. I turned pro with Pete a few months ago and haven't looked back.

The French call this type of move a 'reculer pour mieux sauter' - basically taking a step back so as to jump better - you could always get a job posting on Thumped all day. I turned pro with Pete a few months ago and haven't looked back.

I had no idea we could do that?!

Was it your victory at the Message Boards Olympiad that convinced you to turn pro? There was a lot of pressure.

Your attachment work was second to none.

Was it your victory at the Message Boards Olympiad that convinced you to turn pro? There was a lot of pressure.

Your attachment work was second to none.

Ron encouraged me to do it. He's been pro all along apparently. His style is different to mine though - he prefers to use thumped as a substitute for google or the phone book.

i went back to do my h.dip part time but theres so much work involved i've given up work to concentrate on it. I'm so diligent now it frightens me..

Whether going back to college to train further for a specific area or for a career-change buzz or just for the whole knowledge-for-the sake-of-knowledge, its all part of the rich tapestry that is liiiiiiife.

Good luck all ay'all. :)

And on that note, back to stinkus-essayus for me.

Whether going back to college to train further for a specific area or for a career-change buzz or just for the whole knowledge-for-the sake-of-knowledge, its all part of the rich tapestry that is liiiiiiife.

Good luck all ay'all. :)

And on that note, back to stinkus-essayus for me.

Jesus. Are you studying in a seminary?

I went back to do my MA after a year out. I promised myself I wouldnt leave it any longer cos I know I wouldn't have gone back if I did. It's hard needless to say giving up money. But if you know you are going back you seem to be able to save much better in anticipation (well I did). I think RSJ is doing the right thing clearly debt before going back. Thats what I did and it takes the pressure off. as it is a masters is stressful enough. You should get a grant, the mature student grant over 23 on the first of January of the year of course starting and you need to prove financial independence. I'm not sure if this is means tested, I'd imagine it is.

Going back to do a masters, the thing I really loved is everyone takes it seriously but realise you need to have fun too. Our class are really close and while we do our work during the day we are the very ones dragging each other to the pub. I have also found it easier to live on next to no money. There are alot of people on my course alot older than me and they seem to enjoy it more than any of us. They said getting to use your brain again was the best part and having to find out things and challenge them for yourself.

Good luck in the application anyways. If it isnt successful I would definitely encourage you to keep trying :) :)

Its 'the more you have the more you spend' thing. When I do start earning again I'm gonna buy sooooooooooo much but thats to look forward to. I'm doing a two year masters which is even harder cos savings run out as a backup. Some have work exp included in them mine does and you get paid a bit but its next to nothing. Just enough for living and travel for the week. Rent is another issue.

DON'T FUCKING DO IT.

IT'S A PAIN IN THE POXY HOLE.

Seriously. Will someone write this thing for me? I've a shiney crispy fiver and a box of smokes here for whoever successfully removes this thorn from my side. Ireland is so stupid. NO fucking research available (this is insane) on the services that are provided to drug users in prison (not since about 1994 anyway). I have to quote my own poxy undergraduate research. I feel like a "total dick" (Buzzo, 2007).

On a serious non sexual note why the fuck would u want to do uni for if your in a lovely foreign country earning bucks and ur over 25?

Why is this thread back again? Anyway, I have a question now. I want to do a part time degree starting maybe next year. Should I:

Do law. Pros, I am working in that field, I find it reasonably interesting, I know I could get a decent job out of doing it, it feels like it "makes sense" to do law and there is a very good, part time law degree here in Limerick. Cons, I don't really care about it that much.

Or

Do a degree in something I really love, something either to do with animals/nature or design. Pros, I'll be learning about something I'm interested in and it's probably my last chance to study before I retire. Cons, there are probably no jobs in anything I'm interested in and also most courses to do with zoology and suchlike are in not in Limerick. There is a nice multimedia course I like the look of here though. Ugh, multimedia, I hear the dole queue calling me...

Doobie doobie doobie doo

Yeah, I knew people would say that. Even though I'm swinging towards a, boring me. I suppose even if I did do b and couldn't get a job I could always be a legal secretary again.

Buy a camel or a zebra and trot to college... You'd impress your new tutors.

I imagine if I were in your situation I wouldn't commit myself to something as heavy as a law degree without being really into it. I dunno but.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back