going back to uni (4 Viewers)

That's pretty much my exact situation. Hmmm.

Sorry dude not trying to put a bad buzz your way just saying if you do get info from any of the grant places I'd get it in writing just to be sure and have someone accountable. That was one of her major issues noone believed her cos she'd only had conversations on the phone.

There are ways round it too if you give up work for the year I think. I didnt go back on back to education I just applied with my leaving not the usual way of doing things but I didnt need an access course. Thinking about it I'd have been better off doing the extra year but I got what I wanted and decided to just go for it. Working part time is pretty much part of student life at this stage.

Yeah, herself was saying if you go on the dole for the year, you get the full whack of back to education, whcih can be good. No way i could go on the dole though.

Yeah, herself was saying if you go on the dole for the year, you get the full whack of back to education, whcih can be good. No way i could go on the dole though.

Look around for cash in hand???? Then the dole aint so bad

I went for the grant plus working pretty hard/saving during the summer. Thankfully I've had the furniture fitting to fall back on during the summers and I'm self employed so working for only three months means paying very little/no tax.

I also live in one the cheapest places to live in the uk. I would never have been able to do this in dublin for instance.

I went for the grant plus working pretty hard/saving during the summer. Thankfully I've had the furniture fitting to fall back on during the summers and I'm self employed so working for only three months means paying very little/no tax.

I also live in one the cheapest places to live in the uk. I would never have been able to do this in dublin for instance.
what did you do for the 3 months Moose? and do you plan on doing that agin this summer?
i need to pay off €2,500 before september and i have no job.

is it cutting people's grass? that pay well?
or even selling people's grass?

what did you do for the 3 months Moose? and do you plan on doing that agin this summer?
i need to pay off €2,500 before september and i have no job.

is it cutting people's grass? that pay well?
or even selling people's grass?

Did you read my post? I am/was a freelance furniture fitter so I just went back to that, this summer I spent a good bit of time in Cork on expenses which was nice. Thankfully the company I did most of my work for before college kept me busy over the summers.

I'm graduating this year so I'm gonna move home and take it fairly easy this summer. Although I've got to fit a kitchen for my mum asap.

PS I know nothing about grass.

Did you read my post? I am/was a freelance furniture fitter so I just went back to that, this summer I spent a good bit of time in Cork on expenses which was nice. Thankfully the company I did most of my work for before college kept me busy over the summers.

I'm graduating this year so I'm gonna move home and take it fairly easy this summer. Although I've got to fit a kitchen for my mum asap.

PS I know nothing about grass.

yeah i read it but i mistook 'furniture fitting' differently. like 'that chair is a nice furniture fitting'. sorry, easily confused. sounds cool.

Mumblin Deaf Ro.... grass for wigs???

yeah i read it but i mistook 'furniture fitting' differently. like 'that chair is a nice furniture fitting'. sorry, easily confused. sounds cool.

Mumblin Deaf Ro.... grass for wigs???

Fair enough, I'm pretty confused myself. Fitted mostly office furniture this year, although I've fitted wardrobes and kitchens in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back