Gigs you regret missing (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter ron
  • Start date
  • Replies 116
  • Views 10K
  • Watchers 2
Pavement and Mercury Rev at the Rock Garden in the early 90s. I was too young to get in.
Also the Pavement, dEus, Mercury Rev gig in the Tivoli in 1994 that got cancelled. That would have been pretty great.
Dismemberment Plan in the Fireside Bowl in Chicago in late 99. I went to meet a girl instead. Bad choice! I still love the Plan. I never loved her.
Stereolab/Tortoise in the Olympia in 1996. I was doing my leaving.
Rachel's in the Music Centre. Band missed their flight due to some problem in Heathrow and it got cancelled. I was close to tears.

Oh, and that Mum/Animal Collective gig was in Vicar St. AC were ok, Mum were the most boring act I've ever seen. I'd only heard the first album and all night the singer did her annoying 'little girl lost' thing, boring me to tears.

Oh, and Wheat in Belfast in 2000. Mate had tickets, but I couldn't get the day off. He met them afterwards and all.

carcass -the tivoli (was school night, no way i was going!!)
from ashes rise(uk)/nailstorm/state pathologist/coldwar
first time funeral diner played here
first time tragedy played here
alice in chains/wildhearts sfx

loads of gigs where i went, but had to leave to get to work, and only saw the supports. do they count? if so, catharsis/newborn

Saw Wheat in the Music Centre that time, didn't know much about them at the time and the place was pretty empty but it was absolutely brilliant.

last time Bluetip played here
one of the times Green Day played here, regretted it for years. I'm ok now though.

Was that with Bambi in that venue that's now Radio City?

No, it was Bluetip, Bambi and Somedaysbetter in The Temple.
Same place Owls played!

I also once walked right past a record shop that Ted Leo & The Pharmacists were playing an instore in!
I've since seen them though, and i'll probably see them another 4 or 5 times this year so it's ok!

I missed oxes both times they came here and now theyre split up. mondo shit buzz. Theres plenty more but what I really regret is not being old enough to have seen Pavement or Soundgarden in their prime although i hear Soundgarden were a fairly crap live act.
Missed the dudley corporation in chicago two summers ago while i was there for no good reason. that is also regretful

I missed the breeders around 96/97 in whelan's because I was underage. Worst thing is that I had met the guy putting the gig on in Letterkenny a good few times and he could've got us in if I'd known he was putting it on at the time.

Johnny Cash, any of his Dublin gigs.
The Ramones, too young to have seen any of their Dublin gigs, but would have gone across the pond if I'd known they were all going to pop their clogs.

This should be a cross-post with the "times you could have met your idols" thread, cause the youngfella went along to a signing of The Ramones Anthology in New York, and it was the last time they were all in a room together. :(
I didn't go cause I don't like record signings, I feel like an eejit at them. But with the benefit of hindsight.....

Atari Teenage Riot - 1999 - TBMC

Saul Williams - 2 years back i think - crawdaddy

Cobra killer/stereo total/jeans team - 3 years ago-ish - whelans
(this one still haunts me)

I would like to have seen Wilco before now. Especially that Ambassador gig when YHF came out.

Have seen Jeff Tweedy, he was fuckin' brillunt.

I would like to have seen Wilco before now. Especially that Ambassador gig when YHF came out.

Have seen Jeff Tweedy, he was fuckin' brillunt.

I'm not a big fan, the albums just don't do it for me, but they were deadly at a festival I went to a few years ago.

I'm not a big fan, the albums just don't do it for me, but they were deadly at a festival I went to a few years ago.

Yeah, seem to be better live, from what I can gather. I'd kinda cherrypick my way through their albums rather than listen to the full thing.

Was really surprised by how good Tweedy was in Vicar St though. One of the best gigs I've been at in years.

That clouddead gig in Whelans in 2002.
Was playing in Galway the same night.
Balls.

The Make Up in TBMC in 1999.
I went to see 'Being John Malkovich' instead.
Idiot!
I think Billy Mahonie had played the night before and i'd spent all my money.
Bad choice, kid.

Would've loved to have gone to Neil Young in Vicar St.
Just couldn't afford it.

I really regret never seeing Faith No More.
I had a ticket for that FNM/Kyuss gig in The Olympia but they cancelled.
Fuckers!

Saw The Make Up in The Meneagerie in Belfast in 99 and it was Rock n Roll!

Modest Mouse - New York 2003. Hermie was stayin with me for a few nights and going to see the gig. looking back now, i should have paid more attention to his gig attending antics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back