Gigs you regret missing (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter ron
  • Start date
  • Replies 116
  • Views 10K
  • Watchers 2
nirvana in the rds - because kurt killed himself.
selfish prick.

Me too, I've still got my ticket too. Why I didn't sell it when they were worth loads of money I'll never know.

Also Beastie Boys twice coz they played midweek. The one with Jon Spencer Blues Explosion would've been cool.

AC/DC in Madison Sq garden in 2000 (Osama nearly tore me in half when he heard that)

Hot Snakes gig in Whelans.

I don't want to dredge up the painful memories of anymore.

Seeing a living legend playing to an empty room and being backed up by his prick of a tour manager playing mp3's off a laptop isn't much fun.

Sounds like the time i saw Beans play in TBMC to an empty room, he had a mini disk player for his backing, but that was only for 3-4 tracks.

missed gang gang dance and Edan last year.Missed Out Hud play here once, was doing nights at the time, mates went said it was class, was sick

so so many

Limerick gigs - Trans Am/Fucking Champs double-header, Robocop Kraus, Sweep The Leg Johnny, Nina Nastasia, Unwed Sailor and more. In my defence, I was living out in the sticks for a number of them

Also that Neil Young Vicar Street show, esp as I've never seen him (I was on holidays for the Crazy Horse Show in 01 or was it 02)

Daft Punk in Red box in 98 or sum shit. Got cans instead. Fuck sake. The recording of the gig is amazing.

Gang Gang Dance last year. Went to fuckin Veviter in Whelans instead cos me mate spunks over Devandra Banhart. Load a bollox.

rory gallagher, free gig in college green 1990 - i wandered into town late and missed the whole thing. then he fucking died
neil young, slane 1992 - had a ticket but couldn't go because i ended up going to holland for the summer two days before
spiritualized, dublin, all gigs circa 1991 - had fucking exams for every one of them. my mates met and hung around with them to boot
sonic youth, amsterdam 1999 - had a ticket but got got the dates mixed up. daw brain
boredoms, lightning bolt in dublin last year - had to go on a work trip that week

that sigur ros and mogwai one in the temple theatre bout 6 or 7 years back.

those big mid-90s bjork gigs in rds with aphex twin, tricky, and such.

Silver Jews (well, Dave Berman) in that festival in a forest in Cork in 1997. That would have been good.

aye i went along to that rory G gig on college green on me todd
ronnie drew sang a few songs with him and if i remember correctly robert cray was on the same bill or maybe on the same weekend
all for free too

Easy

The Notwist : HQ - didn't know them at the time, duhh
Sebadoh : whelan's - i was sick
Phoenix : Spirit - the wan was away and i was minding the kids

still I was at quite a few of the gigs mentioned here so I don't feel so bad.

cocteau twins in the olympia around 1990. really regret missing that one. didn't like heaven or las vegas much when it came out so didn't bother going along. one of my favourite albums by them now.

cocteau twins in the olympia around 1990. really regret missing that one. didn't like heaven or las vegas much when it came out so didn't bother going along. one of my favourite albums by them now.

jesus, you are shit at going to gigs. you nearly missed ATP you mongo.

Alice in Chains in the SFX

i was studying for my junior cert. fuck sake.

Hot Snakes gig in Whelans.

was in the states for this. totally disgusted i missed it. never got to see them.

hella in the horseshoe in toronto. lived just around the corner form the venue. i had the monday. i just didn't go. i'm a twat.

sunstroke. the first one in dalymount. can't remember why i didn't go. i just recall lending my mate a sugar t-shirt (which i never got back!) and putting him on the bus in dunshaughlin. i think i may have had some shite summer job. sugar and sonic youth.

yeah, this is to difficult. someone lock this thread.

oops, i mean, top hat

the olympia one was deadly with all that thousand leaves stuff...

the one i most regret missing is chris cutler and fred frith in san francisco in 1999 when i was on j1. it was my last saturday night before leaving sf and i thought it would be better spent in an irish bar with Deserted Village but i was wrong

annoyed i missed them in belfast last year too but at least i didnt know about that one until afterwards.

Me too, I've still got my ticket too. Why I didn't sell it when they were worth loads of money I'll never know.

I'm sure it's worth plenty now?!!

Most of these I only regret having heard that they happened:

Grandaddy in The Village
The Polyphonic Spree at Witnness 2002
Patrick Wolf in Crawdaddy
Guided By Voices, wherever they played
Animal Collective in Vicar St.
Neutral Milk Hotel (Whelan's?!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back