Gigs you regret missing (5 Viewers)

• Thread starter ron
  • Start date
  • Replies 116
  • Views 10K
  • Watchers 2
Limerick gigs I missed/didn't know who they were at the time/pretend I went to to look cool:
Explosions In The Sky - High Stool
Acid Mothers Temple - Costellos
Chris Corsano - Boat Club (last july with Tremors)
Godspeed You! Black Emperor/Sigur Ros

Fugazi resheduled gig in the redbox. I was in Bali having a great time but was really looking forward to the original gig.

Fugazi in the Ormond, '95. Got arrested beforehand. Don't ask.

Now, theres a band I got to see in Limerick. Savoy Oct 2004.. It seriously changed my fucking life.

Was that not 2002? or did they play here in 2004 as well? If so you can add that to my list as well.

Also the Mike Watt gigs due to being in college in Wales and being skint.

When was Animal COllective??
they supported mum a few years back. think it was in the village. not sure though. didn't bother heading along myself

that corsano gig in the boat club last year was with toymonger. deadly gig. it was a duet with aine o'dwyer. i'm still pissed off i missed corsano & flaherty that time they played with matt heyner. all the more cos i spent about the same amount of money it would've cost to get to dublin and back and into the gig on a pretty shit dull est gig in the opera house (cork). other than that, i've no major gig-missing regrets. that or i've managed to block em out of my memory

Metallica & Danzig Antrim Forum 88/89
Megadeth & Pantera Ulster Hall 91/92
Def Leppard & Tesla Kings Hall Belfast 88/89
Iron Maiden Kings Hall 90/91
AC/DC Kings Hall Belfast 90/91
Skid Row Kings Hall Belfast 90/91
Neurosis & Entombed & Breach Belfast 97
Any Rory Gallagher gig in Belfast that I would have been old enough to go to.

I'm sure there are shitloads of other metal and hardcore gigs but I can't think now.

I have loads, but the main one was Elliott Smith at the Red Box in or around 1999/2000. I was in fifth year at the time anyway and my mum wouldn't let me go 'cos it was up in Dublin. 'sake. I was gutted. Utterly gutted. Then I bumped into a friend of mine after who went and he proceeded to tel me how fantastic it was...*cries*...I also missed Sufjan, Midlake, oh, I'll stop, there are 100s.

I'm going to be regretting missing this years Electric Picnic Modest Mouse are there :( cant go cos I'll be in another country and getting a flight back on Bank holiday alone plus the 220euro for a ticket and the general ripoutness of Ireland mean its too expensive

I'm going to be regretting missing this years Electric Picnic Modest Mouse are there :( cant go cos I'll be in another country and getting a flight back on Bank holiday alone plus the 220euro for a ticket and the general ripoutness of Ireland mean its too expensive

It's not a bank holiday weekend here.

nor is it one in the UK (that's the 26 August this year)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back