gig discussion, please read and give opinion (4 Viewers)

I did that cdr thing with the La Quiete gig in limerick.
Mind you, have the cdrs did`nt play for people(cheap discs i think), and still did`nt get alot down to the boatclub,But thats limerick for ya!

I only did that cdr thing once alright. I made 25 copies and passed them out to people that I thought might be up for the gig but wouldnt be familiar with the bands playing. It worked and I assumed anyone I gave em to felt a bit more value from it than just a flyer if they got a chance to hear the bands.

deadly idea, never thought of that. cheaper then colour posters

Right, about the lads buying loads of cans and then not paying into the gig.

It's simple. If the price of the gig is €6 then just take €6 worth of cans off of him and if he/she refuses then just tell them to feck off. The cans can then be sold at the bar thus making money out of it.

Although, I don't really think many people with part with their cans happily :eek:....

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
I can't imagine bars agreeing to that. They'd be suspicious and it would be illegal.

In an ideal world we could trade all kinds of stuff to get into gigs instead of boring old paper and coin money, though working the door would be an utter pain in the bollix, and fuck knows what paying touring bands would work out like. There'd be a lot of Dutch Gold probably and second cds of last seaons hip bands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back