gardening forum (1 Viewer)

i mainly just don't want it to make me sick. like if you eat the sprouts off a regular onion, that would be bad, right?

i spent a rake of money on the hoe in the end

but got fed up and just put weedkiller everywhere instead

weedkiller is uncool man... just dig it into the ground sure.
good for ya.

I went out last night up the road, pulling the plants out of people's bins that they had pulled up out of their garden because they had finished flowering.
Saps.
Wait till they see my compost heap. They'll come craaaawling back.
They always do in the end.

The slug/snail bastards have eaten my courgette plants. I only have one left :(

I thinned out me turnip seedlings and one has already been eaten.

I have to plant out the sprouts and broccoli this weekend but there's no point if the cunts are going to eat them.

I'm off to the ecoshop tomorrow to buy slug pellets. Sorry, guyz, but enough is enough. I've tried to be nice but it doesn't work.

i'm not going to read back, but did you try copper tape borders??? i think they hate that shit and dont cross it. its on ebay.

It's expensive though, and you need about two inches around everything to make it effective.

I made rings of pennies around some of the plants but it did fuck all. People don't realise that these bastards can live and travel UNDER the soil.

Sorry, but it's execution day tomorrow.

Stuck the top of a pineapple in a saucer of water for a bit, on a windowsill, it grew shoots on the underside, then I planted it, now it's HUGE. One day I'll have a pineapple tree with baby pineapple to make pina coladas with. I will.
coooooool, i'm going to grow a pineapple!

http://www.rickswoodshopcreations.com/Pineapple/pineapple.htm

i've completed steps 1 and 2. now to read through the rest of the article and realise i can't be arsed.

Went all the way to Greystones to buy pet friendly slug pellets. I feel bad about the whole thing but I'm determined to get them out of the veg patch.

As a compromise I bought an ELECTRIC FENCE to go round the veg patch which will hopefully deter the other 7 billion slugs and snails from trespassing.

Went all the way to Greystones to buy pet friendly slug pellets. I feel bad about the whole thing but I'm determined to get them out of the veg patch.

As a compromise I bought an ELECTRIC FENCE to go round the veg patch which will hopefully deter the other 7 billion slugs and snails from trespassing.

yis were talking about slugs :rolleyes:
anyway,a bag of sand is the eco/everything friendly answer,put a line of it round the veg patch,the slimy fuckers cant stand it on their sensitive bellies/bottoms so turn back the minute they encounter it leaving yr veg unmolested.if its that easy,every days a treat.

i had breakfast in my garden this morning and was accompanied by aboooout 40 snails and slugs.

i think they're plotting a coup

50-ways-to-kill-a-slug-serious-and-silly-ways-to-kill-or-outwit-the-gardens-number-one-enemy.jpg

(i dont plan on actually trying any of these)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back