Garden State? (1 Viewer)

tripoli said:
This (GS) along with Eternal Sunshine and Punch Drunk Love is one of my fav movies.Great soundtrack too I might add.

well then ya like John Brion...he did the soundtrack to i:heart: huckabees too...ah the interconnectedness of everything!

6000 SUX said:
I :heart: Huckabees made me reflect (a little) on my own view of the world.

this was recommended to me by people who were disappointed by garden state but loved eternal sunshine, but it did nuthin for me. it started well but then got very pretentious. existential detectives? same guy made spanking the monkey:rolleyes:, flirting with disaster:) and, um, three kings:( .

ideal headwrecking trilogy of films that watched in sequence would leave you doubting "reality":

truman show
memento
eternal sunshine
:eek:

Is garden state out on DVD to buy? Was thinking i might pop into HMV on the way home. What ye reckon, this or i :heart: huckabees? Better still, is the life aquatic on dvd to buy?

Weird, garden state came out to buy in the UK on the 2nd of may, but it's not out here yet. Walked around the DVD section of HMV here in galway for a good thirty minutes looking for something to but with a strict budget of e20. Ended up buying huckabees for e26 out of desperation as they closed. Usless slaghole.

ReadySteadyJedi said:
Weird, garden state came out to buy in the UK on the 2nd of may, but it's not out here yet. Walked around the DVD section of HMV here in galway for a good thirty minutes looking for something to but with a strict budget of e20. Ended up buying huckabees for e26 out of desperation as they closed. Usless slaghole.

It's because there was a good 2 month lag between it coming out in the cinema in the UK and here. I'm sure Play.com have it in stock.

just finished watching this
absolute fucking shite
boring, cliched, annoying, contrived muck

NATALIE PORTMAN MUST DIE

Garden State was alright in parts (mostly due to Peter Sarsgaard) but that ending! That awful dialog from Zach Braff in the airport scene was staggeringly bad. Completely undid any of the good work earlier in the film. This is part of it here. Unbelieveably cliched

Large
This is life...and I'm in love
with you, Samantha.
I think that's the only thing I've ever been
really sure of in my entire life.
I'm really messed up now,
and I got a lot of stuff I gotta work out.
But I don't want to waste any more
of my life without you in it, okay?​

I was squirming in agony listening to this shit in the cinema. Painful.

nothing compares to that scene where spaface portman starts rambling about making a noise that no one else has ever made before... good god

i just couldnt believe that so many people whose opinions i respect were so obsessed with this movie and, even worse, told me i'd love it...

Fucking turd of a movie. Bed-wetting, cheddary, yellowpack quirky 'can't deal with this right now/not in that place right now' drivel.

I'm in love with Natalie Portman but i wanted to break her jawbone with digs in this film.

Alan Remorse said:
nothing compares to that scene where spaface portman starts rambling about making a noise that no one else has ever made before... good god

i just couldnt believe that so many people whose opinions i respect were so obsessed with this movie and, even worse, told me i'd love it...

I'll go you one better. I was out for a few drinks with friends of mine. Some of their friends and friends of their friends were there too. I got into a conversation where a bunch of them were talking about Crash and how great it was and how 'layered' it was. I stood there saying nothing until one of them asked me what I thought. I just muttered that I didn't really like it, when I should have just nodded and said it was good and been done with it.

They were all really shocked that I didn't like it. They were the kind of people who accuse you of nit-picking if you say that you don't like a movie that they like.

I ended it by saying something like "well, I kind of already knew that racism was bad." and that seemed to do the trick.

Alan Remorse said:
just finished watching this
absolute fucking shite
boring, cliched, annoying, contrived muck

NATALIE PORTMAN MUST DIE

Thank you.I completely agree.

Natalie Portman is hot though.

Soundtrack was bollocks too.

seen this around the time time someone was trying to tell me the shins were good.

Wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back