Funkiest tunes you like (1 Viewer)

Originally posted by Lolo
you know the original line-up is reforming and touring later this year? :D
wowsers.
i didn't think andy taylor was talking to any of them no more. or roger for that matter. do you think they'll sticks queens roger taylor in instead, and pretend it's the other taylor? wow. the permutations.

of course, none of those taylor boys were related you know. much like the conincidental dermodys in the jimmy cake. some of them have yet to even meet each other, given the girth of our 'band'.

Slap bass solo in Paul Simons You Can Call Me Al is aces

the on where the first half is this cool as fuck slap run, then second half is just the tape reveresed and the solo run backwards. Genius.

Oh and Chevy Chase in the video, amazing.

Originally posted by snakybus
Nick Rhodes looks like an aging housewife on valium these days

or is it one of the taylor boys?

ah it's all just a mess of hair spray and lavender lipstick to me

It always was to me too.

sorry to turn this thread into a Duran Duran conversation, but...

Originally posted by Hector Grey
wowsers.
i didn't think andy taylor was talking to any of them no more. or roger for that matter. do you think they'll sticks queens roger taylor in instead, and pretend it's the other taylor? wow. the permutations.

they weren't talking for years, but that great mediator the cash cow has united them. check www.duranduran.com for news updates. my boss is another ex-durannie, the 2 of us are getting very excited at the prospect of the tour.

Speaking of Duran Duran, they always remind me of the theme music for Miami Vice. That Rocks. Even though I know it wasn't them. ........they're connected on another plane. Or maybe its because when I was a kid I saw Duran Duran on a boat with the sleeves of their white suits rolled up like Crocket and Tubbs. Coooool! And the electric bongos....

"duh,duh,bum,bum,duh,duh,duh,duh,bum,bum,bum,bum"

Originally posted by Speed Racer
Speaking of Duran Duran, they always remind me of the theme music for Miami Vice. That Rocks. Even though I know it wasn't them. ........they're connected on another plane. Or maybe its because when I was a kid I saw Duran Duran on a boat with the sleeves of their white suits rolled up like Crocket and Tubbs. Coooool! And the electric bongos....

"duh,duh,bum,bum,duh,duh,duh,duh,bum,bum,bum,bum"

jan hammer dude.

.....where the first half is this cool as fuck slap run, then second half is just the tape reveresed and the solo run backwards. Genius.

There's aguy who plays in the pub down the road who can recreate that without the tape machine, just using his hands and a bass, its briliiant when you've had 2.34 pitchers of cocktail stuff. Still Wank tho...

Originally posted by Pantone247
Slap bass solo in Paul Simons You Can Call Me Al is aces

the on where the first half is this cool as fuck slap run, then second half is just the tape reveresed and the solo run backwards. Genius.

Oh and Chevy Chase in the video, amazing.

Paul Simon is married to Edie Brickell. Fancy that.

...just listening to the soundtrack for 'Black Caesar' by James Brown. It's fuckin raw and funky. Damn James is good! I gotta see this film.

Re: Re: sorry to turn this thread into a Duran Duran conversation, but...

Originally posted by Pantone247
here Hec and Lolo, you big Duranies

either of you here The Devils album?

Yes, and it's shite! (for those of you who care, it's a collaboration between Nick Rhodes and Stephen Duffy, who was DD's original singer as well his other incarnations as 80s pop tart Stephen Tin Tin Duffy and the main man behind jangly indie types The Lilac Time). It's the only record I've actually brought back to the shop and exchanged for somehting else in about 10 years.

George Clinton is amazing. I do like alot of Funkadelic, but some of it, like Parliament stuff can become tiresome and self indulgent, a bit samey too. Just some of it mind you.

Re: Re: Re: sorry to turn this thread into a Duran Duran conversation, but...

I was so about to buy it on a number of occasions

thanks for the warning so!

I love Stephan Duffy generally, although 50% of what he writes is rubbish when he pulls the finger out he can be amazing. Also he is a loon. :)

Originally posted by Lolo
Yes, and it's shite! (for those of you who care, it's a collaboration between Nick Rhodes and Stephen Duffy, who was DD's original singer as well his other incarnations as 80s pop tart Stephen Tin Tin Duffy and the main man behind jangly indie types The Lilac Time). It's the only record I've actually brought back to the shop and exchanged for somehting else in about 10 years.

Yeah, that's true. But I think to the Stage suffers the least from that complaint...I prefer Funkadelic to Parliament anyway, as they're that bit weirder, whereas Parliament is more cheesy or something...which can be good too, of course...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back