fugazi and tickets (1 Viewer)

nessa

Since 2000
anyone know if they're going on sale soon or what? I heard some rumour about the tickets not going on sale till that day and its first come first serve... which all sounded a bit unlikely...

tickets for the fugazi show are available from road, commet, freebird & sound cellar

Originally posted by nessa
anyone know if they're going on sale soon or what? I heard some rumour about the tickets not going on sale till that day and its first come first serve... which all sounded a bit unlikely...

eh, is that you nessa j?

probably not.

never mind.

Who is supporting them? Are they bringing another Dischord band with them? Is anyone local supporting?

dont know whos supporting, it will be somone irish though. should know next week

tickets for the limerick gig will be on sale tomorrow from blackspot records and (hopefully) empire music or from your 'friendly' neighbourhood AMC person. tickets will also be available in cork and galway early next week. anyone intersted in travelling from elsewhere, please get in contact. it's in the savoy and it's 11 eurobucks. tooth and calzino fiasco will also be playing (it's tooth's last gig!) rock'n'roll you muthas!
also...
sat 1st- june thirty seconds until armageddon, the steampig, discord in the high stool
tue 11th- snail racing + more tbc...
fri 14th- the oxes, daemien frost, weevil in the high stool

plus much more coming up...
www.theamc.net

i'm confused....

"If you want to know all about Fugazi, you really only need to know three things.
1. They never play a show where age IDs are required.
2. They never charge more than $5 admission to shows.
3. They will never, ever, EVER sign to a major record label."

how old is that, damien? fugazi have been charging $6, $7 and $8 into u.s. gigs for a few years now. it's called inflation. i know you're jumping in to do a defence-of-the-one-true-punk-rock thing, but really.

Damien,

Can I also add that.
4. Ian MacKaye was in Minor Threat. and sang the lyric ".....Because I've got straight edge"

This started the entire scene or angry straight edge bands, none of which (apparently) Ian likes at all.

Originally posted by Gav
Damien,

Can I also add that.
4. Ian MacKaye was in Minor Threat. and sang the lyric ".....Because I've got straight edge"

This started the entire scene or angry straight edge bands, none of which (apparently) Ian likes at all.

wow, really?

Yep Its true:

http://www.dischord.com/cgi-bin/StoreDriver.pl?action=showRel&relNumber=3

The song was a protest song because previous to this the Washington DC punk/hardcore scene was dominated by booze and various drugs. There were a lot of violent skinheads going to gigs. So Ian did the big rebelious thing and wrote "Straight Edge" about how he had given up all these things.

I read this in a book, so I assume this is the story.

out of step.....with the world!!

All this straightedge talk makes it seem worth while in a way.
Considering the amount of harm i did to my bank account during the weekend - not to mention physical/mental damage etc....

Any body heard SHELTER???The Haari grishna (spellings wrong) straightedgers that come from the ashes of Quicksand i think??
Their stuff ain`t bad...

Re: out of step.....with the world!!

Originally posted by Rimbaud
Any body heard SHELTER???The Haari grishna (spellings wrong) straightedgers that come from the ashes of Quicksand i think??
Their stuff ain`t bad...

Ray Cappo from Youth Of Today formed Shelter. Quicksand were another ex-YOT band i believe - them and gorilla biscuits

uhh

speaking of quicksand, rival schools are playing wittness!

<irony>guess all "punk rockers" eventually sell out</irony>

*sigh*

Re: uhh

Originally posted by damien
speaking of quicksand, rival schools are playing wittness!

<irony>guess all "punk rockers" eventually sell out</irony>

*sigh*

Maybe their simply creating the opportunity for whoever..to go and catch them playing a gig.
Remember, things are only as complicated as you make em.

I think Rival Schools are not exactly shit hot...but its a taste thing i guess....

REFUSED!!.|..|

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back