Fucking Genius goings on at the RSA. (1 Viewer)

My mam is convinced that if I turn up at the test centre without my qualified driver with me I'll be failed straight away - jaysus tell me that's not true??!!! I'll have to get someone to take the morning off work to come with me and wait for me to do the test.

If that's the case tell them that your qualified accompanying person has gone of for a walk while you did the test. I find that hard to believe.

Thankfully the cops have now announced that, contrary to the minister's statement, they will in fact just be enforcing the new law as it stands next week, and won't be getting involved in any of that discretionary or common sense stuff. Phew.

Minister for Transport Noel Dempsey has confirmed that the gardaí will adopt what he called a 'proportionate' approach to the enforcement of new motoring laws.
However, a garda spokesman said that gardaí will enforce any new legislation that comes into effect regarding provisional driving licence holders.
The spokesman said gardaí would not be using their discretion on a case-by-case basis in relation to provisional drivers and would enforce the law as normal when it comes into effect next week.

To be honest I was sort of wondering why the minister for transport was telling the cops how to do their job. Not really surprising they reacted like this.

Thankfully the cops have now announced that, contrary to the minister's statement, they will in fact just be enforcing the new law as it stands next week, and won't be getting involved in any of that discretionary or common sense stuff. Phew.

The same way they were enforcing the old law? i.e. not at all unless there was an accident, and even then they'd be reluctant.

i have an unbelievably urge to stab driving instructors in the neck with the keys whenever i get in the car with one of them. i wasn't allowed into my parents car without a licensed driver before. i cannot afford a car. good thing cycling is so much fun in Dublin... oh no wait its like fucking dodgems on a fucking field in the Falklands.

the idea that you can drive unaccompanied without having a full license always seemed strange to me to start with...
Ditto.

you taking lessons now?

I just got my second provisional. Must apply for a test soon.
What is all this about second and third provisionals?? You only get one in the UK.....?

R plates are used in the uk,don't remember how long for though.
Ah, no they're not. You can opt to have a green P on your car after you pass but as of yet it is still not compulsary.

€1000 euro fine and three penalty points for not having your L plates.

Is this true??

Not that I'd ever dream of doing such a thing of course

You've got to have L plates on over here if you're a learner.

If you have a crash as a 1st provisional holder and you're not accompanied by an experienced driver will your insurance still pay out?

Yep. Thats why you're paying it.
Can you get your own insurance if you're a learner over there!? They only way I could do it was to go on my mums insurance while I was learning.

Yes but you're a man :)

There's not much in it for the lady driver.

Move over here. We've got all sorts of amazing 'ladies only' insurance.

Diamond
Sheilas Wheels etc.

This whole thing is a totally alien concept to me. It sucks for you who are waiting on tests. Book a test over here, approx 12 week wait....piece of piss.

The have R plates in the north..that's still the UK isnt it?

unless they've rushed in another new bit of legislation when I wasn't looking

;)

why didnt they just say this in the beginning or do they take pleasure in causing widespread panic.......................

now, lets talk about those pay increases lads...............

why didnt they just say this in the beginning or do they take pleasure in causing widespread panic.......................

now, lets talk about those pay increases lads...............
but if you pass the test you still need a stupid R plate for 2 years from tuesday on

but if you pass the test you still need a stupid R plate for 2 years from tuesday on

i could live with the r plates. i was worried that i wouldnt be able to do my job of caring for the sick without getting arrested.

well it saves me installing an inflatable "qualified driver"

thusly

airplane-autopilot.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back