Fucking Genius goings on at the RSA. (2 Viewers)

This is why I was so put off doing another test. I AM a good driver and I drove well on the day of my test. And the narky fucker failed me. He was in the horrors. After the test I got out of the car and remarked that I was very warm. His snotty reply was that I should have rolled the windows down. Peraps this is why he failed me. My sister-in-law took the wing mirror off a parked car and passed her test. Can you blame me for not doing another test when passing or failing seems to be based on the humour of the tester or reaching a quota rather than the competency of the driver? Having a provisional licence never made any difference to my insurance so it didn't seem so imperative to me to do a test.

The main reason why they have rolled back on this for the time being is very simple. An awful lot of people would have been cancelling their car insurance from Monday if they couldn't drive.
soz to hear but do not give up man go do your test in tuam where there is only one roundabout and the majority of the test is done through a one way system or go onto the driving test center site and see which town or city has the highest pass rate if you are a decent you will have no worries sometime its not the drive but the tester who did not get the leg over the night before gluck

richard: 450k driving on provisionals? 250k waiting for test?
so technically all these heads have to stop driving?

deadly - there'll be no cars on the road!
can't wait to get a lie-in on tuesday

Well technically most of them shouldn't be driving unacompanied now anyway.

It will be great though.

Lots of kids walking to school on Tuesday

No Johhny, I didn't see the point in trying to pass a driving test that had little to do with whether I could drive or not. Also, until now it didn't make any difference whether I had a full or provisional licence.
we were talking about this at lunch. you became "this person i know", and they found your reasoning very funny. every cloud.

According to Newstalk they've changed their mind again and are now going ahead with the original plan but the police won't punish drivers straight away or it will be up to the discression individual gard as to whether they punish you or not or something like that.

Clear as mud ain't it ????????

it's fuckin priceless!

Speaking on RTÉ Radio's News at One, Mr Dempsey said new laws will come into force as announced from midnight on Monday. However, he said following concerns raised about the short period in which some drivers will have to make new arrangements, the garda authorities will take a 'common sense' approach for 'two or three months'.

!! this guy is a moron.he has been a disgrace in every position he has held in government and always has people up in arms over something he has said or done.

OK so what he's saying is "you can driver unaccompanied until January if a Garda thinks you have a sufficient excuse"

I gotta say I've seen a few young idiots speeding along and doing stupid things on the road but the WORST and MOST DANGEROUS drivers are old people. They driver well under the speed limit and have shit road positioning, swerving back and forward over the line at 40 kmh.

I'm all for learner drivers not being allowed drive alone ... BUT for jaysis sake, you can't just change the law to make it illegal to do something that was legal over the course of a weekend. People have responsibilities, and all of a sudden their means to fulfill them is gone. It's insane. There was 6 months (or something) notice for the smoking ban, why just a few days for this, when it's so important to people?

My point exactly. Mine. Me.

OK so what he's saying is "you can driver unaccompanied until January if a Garda thinks you have a sufficient excuse"

I gotta say I've seen a few young idiots speeding along and doing stupid things on the road but the WORST and MOST DANGEROUS drivers are old people. They driver well under the speed limit and have shit road positioning, swerving back and forward over the line at 40 kmh.
agrees (refer back in the thread)!bog!bog!bog

I failed my test back in August after waiting for a slot for six months. And failed it on one point.

But you don't just fail on one point unless you mount the path or touch the kerb doing a three point turn. So, if you lost it on "one point" you must have done one of the instant fail do-not-do's.

Otherwise you can incur (I think) as many of 9 minor points or a combination of small or minor things.

It you didn't do any of the big instant fail things on your test then saying you failed on one point doesn't make sense.

I'm on to you, Dromed!!!

yeah, there's errors of grades 1-3
3 is mountin the curb...i did that first time

you're allowed a heap of grade 1 errors,
a few of grade 2 and obviously zilch of
grade 3.

i think there might be a grade 4 that you get
if you kill someone, which would be pretty
bad ass

I wonder how much of the delay is down to someone realising that nowhere in the country actually sells either the R plates needed by motorists passing their test or the dayglo "L" tabards learner motorcyclists will be expected to wear from next week?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back