Fuckin' Ghosts! (1 Viewer)

shit is always "supernatural" to people until we know the science.

I thought all that was figured out back in the 80s?

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

bill_murray.jpg

Since me and two mates moved into the house we've rented for the past three and a half eyars werid ghostly happenings have occured. I usually can just put aside the odd happenings but one or two things keep happening all the time in the past two months and last night it freaked me out yet again.

?

that sounds very like the experiences of a few girls i used to know very well in college. basically loads of freaky shit occuring in the flat they lived in in finglas.

started off with just noises in the attic, at first it was kinda of a joke, they used to refer to it as 'boo'. noises got progressively worse, until they sent one of the boyfriends up in the attic, nothing up there, and like the strange guys case, no room to move arround.

it then progressed to lights turning on and off, to radio turning on an off (in one case, repeatedly to a station playing 'wuthering heights' -despite being turned off several times). footsteps in the hall. once called up there with 3 or 4 friends. apt. was upstairs, and stairs were in darkness. I presumed one of my mates was walking behind me until I got upstairs and found him sitting in the kitchen-footsteps continued up the hall.

the ghostly coup-de-grace was that a mini christmas tree, which had been disassembled a dumped in a wardrobe under piles of clothes was mysteriously set up one day when they came home. :eek:

lived in a house myself that odd stuff happened in, it was a lot more benign and backgroundy though!!

my friend lived in a house his uncle owned, where one room had an old man appear at the end of the bed, but only when girls stayed in the room. they got an exorcist and the appearances stopped.

i often wake up during the night and look around and see really weird shit that has no business being there, sometimes its the form of a person just standing there or else totally random stuff. i remember one night waking up and seeing a trapdoor under the table in my room leading down into a corridor that i hadnt known was there. it was open and there was a strange orange glow coming up into my room and i was really curious about it so went over to have a look down but it turned out is was just the orange light on a plug board playing tricks with my sleep addled mind. the strangers standing around have always turned out to be shadows or something to do with the light but they are disturbing sometimes. perhaps these kind of mind tricks combined with some sort of external strangeness such as nasty sound frequencies have something to do with more than one person experiencing the same thing.

i used to think that maybe after you died there could be some sort of energy left over that could be experienced as a ghostly thing but now i reckon that if your dead then its because you used all the energy by living and died when it ran out.

a couple of weeks later. i was asleep, alone this time, but woke up in the night. and saw, completely vividly, a middle aged woman in a black dress standing at the end of my bed. where her face should have been, there was just a hole of rotting flesh. i cannot overstate the absolute vividness and clarity of this moment. i was awake, in my bed, everything in the room as it was, but with this thing there... then i fell asleep insantly.

I used to have this sort of thing all the time in one flat I lived in. I was there for over two years and almost every night I'd see something weird in my room. This usually happened before I fell asleep. It takes me hours to get to sleep so I'd just be lying there with my eyes shut and if I opened them almost every time I'd see something. Once it was a cat beside me on the bed, another time it was weird tape/ribbons streaming from the ceiling and once it was a man standing beside the bed but, like what Brian said above, with rotting flesh instead of a face. It got to the point where I was afraid to open my eyes. I put it down to hypnagogic hallucinations but it's weird cos it never happened to me before (well, apart from one time but that could have been due to phamaceutical interference) or since in any other place. There was just something about that flat - it really felt like there was something there that didn't like me. I had loads of weird accidents there too. The person I lived with never had any of this shit happen to him apart from in one particular room which both of us avoided as it always felt like there was someone standing behind you when you were in there :(

Actually, I just thought! In the very early morning, I do get the sensation of someone clawing at my eyes with sharp nails and in my semi-torper hear nonsensical babble and the repetition of a word "deh deh deh deh deh" Then a hand hits me in the face repeatedly until I wake up. It's all very odd and I try to remain asleep as long as possible.

Actually, I just thought! In the very early morning, I do get the sensation of someone clawing at my eyes with sharp nails and in my semi-torper hear nonsensical babble and the repetition of a word "deh deh deh deh deh" Then a hand hits me in the face repeatedly until I wake up. It's all very odd and I try to remain asleep as long as possible.

i get that too! but with a low meowwwwwing sort of sound!

and this morning when i woke i found the corpse of a dead bird on the floor!

It's like the Amity Ville horror here

but how could you "fall asleep instantly" after something so freaky? i'd be wide awake with the lights on for a few hours after something like that.

no idea. that's one of the many odd things about it. when you're that freaked out you shouldn't be able to just fall asleep (surely that contrary to the action of adrenaline?), but thats how it was. i've had sleep paralysis and been in hypnagogic states many times, but these occurances were totally different. i'm also aware of the ultra-sound and shared hallucination explainations (and also ideomotor movement which is apparently what makes ouija boards work), but they still dont fully explain how distinct and verifiable these moments were.

there was another bizarre moment in that same house which i forgot to mention. i've never experienced anything like it and i remain totally bewildered. myself, my girlfriend at the time, and a friend of mine joe - who is a sceptical atheist - were in one evening drinking (this is the one bizarre experience in that house in which we were drinking - but again what i am about to describe is something that i have never experienced with alcohol, and we weren't roaring drunk). someone knocks at the door. myself and joe answer it, its some guy we know, we invite him in, have a chat for a couple of minutes, he leaves. the moment he leaves myself and joe find we have absolutely no recollection of who it was, or what we talked about. its like our memories were erased. all we are sure of is that it was a man and that we knew him. we asked my girlfriend and she informed us that no one came in at all. in fact, what she remembered was joe and i hearing a knock on the door (though she didn't), us going out into the hall, opening it, and coming back in talking to someone who clearly was not there for a minute and then we walked back out to the hall, opened and closed the door (which of course must have made us look like complete nutters).

later on, we went to the pub, and joe disappeared off somewhere on the way back. he came back to the house an hour later saying he had met the same person and was talking to them in a nearby park, but then they vanished, and once again joe had no idea who it was or what they talked about. totally bizarre, i have no idea what went on there.

When I was about 14/15 three of us were sleeping in my friends living room, Martina was on the couch and Jenni was on the ground beside me, it was after 3am and we were still up chatting when Martina went very pale and asked if anyone else could see "that", Jenni said yeah it was a little girl, so I looked too and in the corner of the room in front of the Christmas tree was a little girl in a white communion dress standing about a foot off the ground. We all saw the same kid, she was around 7, very pretty with long slightly wavy bark brown hair, rosy cheeks and some freckles across her nose.
Within a minute of saying all this the other two were asleep, and it started to get colder and colder, checked the rad (while doing my best not to look at her but making sure she was in the corner of my vision in case she jumped at me or something)but it was on full and almost too hot to touch.
Got back under the blanket and the a video starts playing, it was an old recording of corrie (Racquel was on a detox and only allowed eat grapes but kept trying to rob chips off people at the bar) we haddn't plugged in the video player that night cos we couldn't find a double adapter.
I hid under the blankets for the rest of the night, every time the video ended it'd rewind and start again.
This went on for about three hours when I suddenly got this feeling that there were people standing over us, felt like a large group of 10 or so (no Idea why I was so sure there was that many). I huddled against my friend and just kept saying, over and over again "please dont hurt them, please dont hurt them".
The other two woke up an hour later and it was then I noticed I had small perfectly circular bruises on my hands, arms, neck and all down my back.
It was 2 years before we talked to each other about what we thought we saw that night and the description was still the same.

Still don't believe in ghosts but haven't been able to think of an explanation for everything happened.

My Aunt has an amazing house near the lake district in England, its over 150 yr old and on the promenade, their one and the one next door were once one massive house (if you include the attic and basement there's 6 floors), 80 years ago twin brothers lived it the full house but they both fell in love with the same girl, they fought over her and ended up building a wall up the middle of the house. She married one of the brothers and the twins never spoke again. The bachelor died in the house, it was over a month before the body was found, this is the house my aunt owns.
I'd stay there a lot as a kid and we just took it for granted that strange things happen there, you'd hear someone walking from one end of the house, right through to the wall next door. Sometimes the footsteps would stop at our door and then keep going, other times the door would open.
Once my sister found seashells outside of her windowsill (wasn't there before she went to sleep and as we were kids she's lock the window at night), were were on the 3rd floor so can't imagine anyone climbing up the front of the building.
We never talk about the house being hunted when we're in it, last time we did my sister-in-law and I were in the kitchen and she was saying how her lamp had flickered on and off that night when the kitchen light exploded, didn't burn out or crack, it fucking burst.
Still really love the place but I make sure I'm not stuck locking up on my own and don't leave the bedroom at night.

i often wake up during the night and look around and see really weird shit that has no business being there, sometimes its the form of a person just standing there or else totally random stuff. i remember one night waking up and seeing a trapdoor under the table in my room leading down into a corridor that i hadnt known was there. it was open and there was a strange orange glow coming up into my room and i was really curious about it so went over to have a look down but it turned out is was just the orange light on a plug board playing tricks with my sleep addled mind. the strangers standing around have always turned out to be shadows or something to do with the light but they are disturbing sometimes. perhaps these kind of mind tricks combined with some sort of external strangeness such as nasty sound frequencies have something to do with more than one person experiencing the same thing.

i used to think that maybe after you died there could be some sort of energy left over that could be experienced as a ghostly thing but now i reckon that if your dead then its because you used all the energy by living and died when it ran out.

Don't you suffer from night terrors?

Here.... Phil... do you know Rossa from the HDip year? The guy from the army?
Did you know he was actually a ghost.

Billy, you had a tempestuous affair with a great looking guy from the army.

No one blames you. As far as anyone knew he was not married.
He was funny, smart, thoughtful; in a very tidy package.

We all used the same changing rooms, there is no shame in "wanting a piece of that action" like you used to mention at the time.

Frankly, calling him a ghost now is uncalled for I think.

Billy, you had a tempestuous affair with a great looking guy from the army.

No one blames you. As far as anyone knew he was not married.
He was funny, smart, thoughtful; in a very tidy package.

We all used the same changing rooms, there is no shame in "wanting a piece of that action" like you used to mention at the time.

Frankly, calling him a ghost now is uncalled for I think.

Well, there was that time at the potter's wheel....

any deal that involves sleep / wakefulness having weird things happening to you is pretty well documented.

From what I understand, parts of your brain can become awake while others can remain asleep.
Ie, your conscious thought part of your brain say can be in an awake state, but the control of your peripheral nervous system part of your brain can remain asleep.
So, your conscious brain is sending signals through, "move arm" and these signals are being ignored. So you start thinking some great weight it pressing down on your arm preventing it from moving.
Likewise with visual systems, while dreaming you can hallucinate wildly, and while awake you generally don't. And again, parts of your brain can come awake while you are still in a semi hallucinating state, and you can see crazy things. Dreamworld is overlapping into wakefulworld.

Brian mentioned that he fell deeply back asleep immediately after seeing terrible things. This would make sense if he was partly asleep during the episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back