Fuckin' Ghosts! (1 Viewer)

HalloweenDogs02.jpg

see:
Infrasonic 17 Hz tone experiment

On May 31, 2003, a team of UK researchers held a mass experiment where they exposed some 700 people to music laced with soft 17 Hz sine waves played at a level described as "near the edge of hearing", produced by an extra-long stroke sub-woofer mounted two-thirds of the way from the end of a seven-meter-long plastic sewer pipe.

Hey anyone, would it be possible to make a sub woofer like this on the cheap? Would a normal sub woofer be able to produce frequency's like that?

Eehhh, ghosts are cool

Haha, I love doing this to scare people.
There's this house, it's up in Ranelagh or somewhere around there, I love breaking into it now and again and putting death metal type records on when the lads think they've turned the record player off. And sometimes I drop big stones in their front hall, haha. One time I even managed to get into a girl's bedroom and shine a torch from behind the lampshade at her, haha deadly!

Here.... Phil... do you know Rossa from the HDip year? The guy from the army?
Did you know he was actually a ghost.

I saw something that people said was a ghost.
I told this story before, and its pretty dull, but it exploded my head.

I was working in C Harding bike shop on the Bachelor's quays when I was a nipper, and the workshop was in the cellar below.
I was the first mechanic in that morning, so I walked down the steps, and saw someone walking out of the workshop towards the tunnel where the new bikes were kept.
So, I assumed we were being robbed.
I ducked a few steps back up, shouted back to Pete (owner) that there is someone in the tunnels, and he should go cut him off coming out the back of the shop.

So Pete ducks down (the shop was unbelievably long, I don't really think its possible the person sprinted through all the cluttered up bikes and boxes and out the back before Pete could get to the door, he was basically standing at the door when I shouted at him.
I picked up an adjustable spanner, or a hammer or something, and followed the dude back.

But, needless to say, he had gone.
Pete and myself met in the middle of the shop, Broc was manning the doors out of the shop all the time, we had a good look, nothing was touched. There was no one there.

Fair enough, I saw something.

But... the problem was, I saw it as clear as day. No vapoury images, not out of focus, a dude. Also, everyone in the shop had also seen "the ghost", and no one had mentioned it to me. No one seemed to think much of it at all.
The lads would be doing wind ups, but this wasn't even a wind up, it was "ahh, its only the ghost. fuck it, its grand. "
No hahahahaha fuckin SCARED yeh! Just "you get the coffees in this morning Phil."

If it was just me, I'd ignore it, but the fact that every single other person in the place had seen the same thing, independantly, and not told me, and then I saw it, is pretty strange.

years ago when me and my friends justr started smoking dope we recorded us all going cormac... cormac... in ghostly voices really low on a stereo and put it behind a chair, then my mate cormac came and got really really stoned out. when it started playing we let on we couldnt hear it and didnt know what he was on about he shit the proverbial bricks.

ghosts are not real but when i am alone in the house i freak out and this thread is not helping.

apparently I began telling her details that I couldn't possibly have known

Did she recall all the other random stuff you said that had no relevance, or could possibly have known? The thing is with this kind of phenomena (and we all do it on one level or another, even when conveying stories about mundane every day things) we tend to only relate the things that support the point we're trying to make... e.g. you may have said all sorts of random stuff, but it was only the things that struck home with her that made an impression...

i posted this a few years ago, but it was a memorable experience so here it is again:

a few years ago, i lived in an old house reputed in the area to be haunted. the previous tenant before us was a woman, with a child, who went completely insane and spray painted everything in the house, including slogans (the nature of which i do not know) all over the walls. most of it was painted over by the landlord before we moved in.

i later met other people who had lived there a couple of years previously, and they told me in all seriousness of all sorts of "poltergeist" type activity: they claimed to have seen many glasses and dinnerplates shatter without warning, doors slamming, sounds of footsteps, objects moving violently without being touched and so forth. my attitude when i heard of this was pretty much "yeah yeah, right, bollocks, they were probably just stoned".

within a couple of weeks of living there, one of the ladies i lived with started claiming with absolute certainty that there was the spirit of a middle aged woman living there, and she could sense her presence constantly in the house. and i must point out that this woman, my friend and housemate, is highly skeptical, to the point of atheism. but she was absolutely convinced of this. she later moved out.

then, one night, myself and my girlfriend of the time woke up at the same time in the middle of the night. my ex said, in a highly disturbed way, that there was a woman in a black dress standing in the corner of the room. i looked over there, and i saw a middle aged woman in black dress. completely real. i just put the duvet over us, and said "yes, i see her, oh dear, oh dear". we both fell asleep then at the same time. now, when i woke up in the morning, i thought, "well, must have been a dream". i mentioned this odd "dream" to my ex, then the colour drained from her face, and she said, "no, i saw the same thing, i remember that." I should point out that we were completely sober at this general time. so, huh, a shared dream?

a couple of nights later. we again (completely sober again i shall point out) both woke up at the same time. this time we both saw about eight glowing blobs on one side of the room, moving insanely and erratically. i think i said something like "maybe... its just a trick of the light, eyes fooling us". then there was a sort of a tearing sound, and all the blobs rushed over us to the other side of the room. both our heads turned to watch this. then they disappeared, and there was the shadow of someone standing very close to us. we freaked out, and then both fell asleep insantly. woke up the next day and we both recounted what we had seen. so, huh, another shared dream? one would be weird enough, but two in succession? hmm.

a couple of weeks later. i was asleep, alone this time, but woke up in the night. and saw, completely vividly, a middle aged woman in a black dress standing at the end of my bed. where her face should have been, there was just a hole of rotting flesh. i cannot overstate the absolute vividness and clarity of this moment. i was awake, in my bed, everything in the room as it was, but with this thing there... then i fell asleep insantly.

about a week later, i went into my room one evening, and i knew there was something standing in the corner of the room behind me, and approaching me. then i heard, clearly, a male voice coming from right beside my head shouting "GET OUT OF HERE!". then, the feeling of there being someone there was gone. after that i experienced no more visitations or apparitions.

A few of the lads would complain of
hearing noises coming from the attic, three loud thumps like
footsteps followed by a crash. I didn't believe them until I heard
them myself.

yeah, i remember you telling me about that... didnt you look up in the attic after and there was no room for someone to walk?

but how could you "fall asleep instantly" after something so freaky? i'd be wide awake with the lights on for a few hours after something like that.

Did she recall all the other random stuff you said that had no relevance, or could possibly have known? The thing is with this kind of phenomena (and we all do it on one level or another, even when conveying stories about mundane every day things) we tend to only relate the things that support the point we're trying to make... e.g. you may have said all sorts of random stuff, but it was only the things that struck home with her that made an impression...
Confirmation bias, it's called
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

but how could you "fall asleep instantly" after something so freaky? i'd be wide awake with the lights on for a few hours after something like that.

I was just about to post the same thing. A bit too weird to just fall asleep if the two of you were shitting it about a weird woman being in your room isn't it?

I was just about to post the same thing. A bit too weird to just fall asleep if the two of you were shitting it about a weird woman being in your room isn't it?

I'm not sayign that i doubt you for one minute though, i just think it's really weird and i always try to find a logical answer to all this. As cheesy as it sounds, I want to believe in ghosts but don't.

i'm on the fence i think, i'd say it plausible there is some kind of residual energy left behind us after we die but probably not a concious entity, something we haven't discovered yet, maybe in a hundred years when we understand it, the whole mystery of the thing will be gone and we just accept it. shit is always "supernatural" to people until we know the science. imagine when people first found dinosaur bones or fucked around with magnets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back