Fuckin' Ghosts! (2 Viewers)

I saw something that people said was a ghost.
I told this story before, and its pretty dull, but it exploded my head.

I was working in C Harding bike shop on the Bachelor's quays when I was a nipper, and the workshop was in the cellar below.
I was the first mechanic in that morning, so I walked down the steps, and saw someone walking out of the workshop towards the tunnel where the new bikes were kept.
So, I assumed we were being robbed.
I ducked a few steps back up, shouted back to Pete (owner) that there is someone in the tunnels, and he should go cut him off coming out the back of the shop.

So Pete ducks down (the shop was unbelievably long, I don't really think its possible the person sprinted through all the cluttered up bikes and boxes and out the back before Pete could get to the door, he was basically standing at the door when I shouted at him.
I picked up an adjustable spanner, or a hammer or something, and followed the dude back.

But, needless to say, he had gone.
Pete and myself met in the middle of the shop, Broc was manning the doors out of the shop all the time, we had a good look, nothing was touched. There was no one there.

Fair enough, I saw something.

But... the problem was, I saw it as clear as day. No vapoury images, not out of focus, a dude. Also, everyone in the shop had also seen "the ghost", and no one had mentioned it to me. No one seemed to think much of it at all.
The lads would be doing wind ups, but this wasn't even a wind up, it was "ahh, its only the ghost. fuck it, its grand. "
No hahahahaha fuckin SCARED yeh! Just "you get the coffees in this morning Phil."

If it was just me, I'd ignore it, but the fact that every single other person in the place had seen the same thing, independantly, and not told me, and then I saw it, is pretty strange.

Yeah, that drives me mad when you hear these stories and you hear about people saying "oh, you saw our ghost, did you?" or "ah yeah, it was only the ghost, we've all seen him"

WHAT???!? WHY ARE YOU NOT SHITTING YOUR PANTS RIGHT NOW THEN?

anyone ever bust ghost turds? like you're pushing one out for ages and you assume you just gave birth to gary coleman, only to look in the shitter after to find the bowl mysteriously empty. ghost turds.

so, like, I don't believe what I saw was really there.
Or that ghosts are dead people.

I think what I saw wasn't there, but it was the same thing that other people saw.
I don't know how it works though.

Maybe there is communication between some other person, and (in that instance) me that my brain interpreted as a visual images.
Maybe there are some people who can imagine, or think things, and have those things seen by third parties.

Or something else. I dont really know.

I know unlikely things happen from time to time, but that everyone independently had ~the same hallucination, a number of times, seems odd.

infrequent thumped user juno would testify to my mates picture of ghost. not really easy to describe other then saying theres a woman in the photo who shouldnt be in the photo, in terms of time, localtion and 3d aspiration.

Infrequent thumped user juno can indeed attest to this. I've also had loads of weird ghosty shit happen before - think I might've posted about some of it on another thread here a while ago.

wasn't there someone on here talking about standing waves as a cause of supernatural phenomena?

see:
Infrasonic 17 Hz tone experiment

On May 31, 2003, a team of UK researchers held a mass experiment where they exposed some 700 people to music laced with soft 17 Hz sine waves played at a level described as "near the edge of hearing", produced by an extra-long stroke sub-woofer mounted two-thirds of the way from the end of a seven-meter-long plastic sewer pipe. The experimental concert (entitled Infrasonic) took place in the Purcell Room over the course of two performances, each consisting of four musical pieces. Two of the pieces in each concert had 17 Hz tones played underneath. In the second concert, the pieces that were to carry a 17 Hz undertone were swapped so that test results would not focus on any specific musical piece. The participants were not told which pieces included the low-level 17 Hz near-infrasonic tone. The presence of the tone resulted in a significant number (22%) of respondents reporting anxiety, uneasiness, extreme sorrow, nervous feelings of revulsion or fear, chills down the spine and feelings of pressure on the chest.[18][19] In presenting the evidence to British Association for the Advancement of Science, the scientist responsible said, "These results suggest that low frequency sound can cause people to have unusual experiences even though they cannot consciously detect infrasound. Some scientists have suggested that this level of sound may be present at some allegedly haunted sites and so cause people to have odd sensations that they attribute to a ghost—our findings support these ideas."

??

maybe it was just some guy, and he hid behind bikes

or maybe you misjudged the time it took for your boss to get to the far door versus the time it took him to leg it

or maybe you just caught something in your peripheral vision, and assumed it was a guy walking into the room, when it was actually something else, but because it was early in the morning and your head was fuzzy, you went with the "guy-walking-into-the-room" explanation, and this quickly became a memory of something definite

I dunno, these things always seem to happen when people's heads aren't screwed on right, like late at night or very early in the morning

When I was a wee toddler apparently I used to wake up in the morning and tell my mother I'd been talking to my dead Grandfathers who I'd never met. She of course thought I was a small mentaler, but then as it happened more frequently apparently I began telling her details that I couldn't possibly have known, about them. I don't know if I believe it, it's one of those things, I could have picked it up from anyone and from listening to conversations, but my mother stands by that I have some strange ~psychic abilities~ that I need to tap into.

right.
something like this infrasonic business, some class of signal that is being picked up by the viewer, that is coming from a source, that is being interpreted by your brain as images.

I mean, if you think about bats, bats use sound reflections to see. We use a range of IM radiation reflections to see.
But, I would imagine if you were a bat, your brain would be drawing much the same images.

I think of images of our brains formating data in a way that is easy to parse very fast.

And I believe that it is possible to short circuit into this imagery pathway in a number of ways. (Ie hallucinogenic drugs.)

You could check who used to live there on that 1911 census thing.

My homeplace is a VERY VERY old house where lots of people have been waked. Not a jott, noises are usually down to beams etc drying out, any coldness in certain rooms is down to bad insulation due to the age of the house.

You'd be suprised what your brain can do when your paranoid or don't feel safe in a situation.

But then again a friend of mine argues that since energy can't be distroyed it has to show up some where. I did wake up one night years ago and I am dam sure I seen someone standing beside my bed but I just put that down to a "waking dream" or what ever. I woke the whole house up screaming. Haggered old lady that would have been to fat to fit into the location where she was.

So Pete ducks down (the shop was unbelievably long, I don't really think its possible the person sprinted through all the cluttered up bikes and boxes and out the back before Pete could get to the door, he was basically standing at the door when I shouted at him.
I picked up an adjustable spanner, or a hammer or something, and followed the dude back.

But, needless to say, he had gone.

If it was just me, I'd ignore it, but the fact that every single other person in the place had seen the same thing, independantly, and not told me, and then I saw it, is pretty strange.

Everyone always looks for a paranormal explanation

I think it's pretty obvious what happened here.

Right after you saw the guy and went to make a move..at the very moment you and your coworkers were abducted by aliens. What you experienced was a phenomenon called "lost time" so what felt to you like a few moments could have been as long as an hour or more

pity you hadn't the presence of mind to check your watches before and after the abduction

ghosts indeed

maybe it was just some guy, and he hid behind bikes

or maybe you misjudged the time it took for your boss to get to the far door versus the time it took him to leg it

or maybe you just caught something in your peripheral vision, and assumed it was a guy walking into the room, when it was actually something else, but because it was early in the morning and your head was fuzzy, you went with the "guy-walking-into-the-room" explanation, and this quickly became a memory of something definite

I dunno, these things always seem to happen when people's heads aren't screwed on right, like late at night or very early in the morning

I mean, yeah.
Like I said, I don't really believe in ghosts. I thought about it for ages, over and over, trying to figure out how it didn;t happen.

But, there was no mistaking what I saw. It was not corner of my vision, it was centre. I was not asleep, nothing was fuzzy, I drove the bike into work, I really concentrate when I drive the bike, and I had been awake for ages.

Pete was standing at the till when I shouted back to him. The till was about 2 meters from the back stairs, and in view of the door down the stairs (which was also locked from the outside). The length of Hardings... pff, I dunno, its very long. The property stretches the width of the block, so maybe 50m.

Its not possible to cover 50 meters in open ground that fast, and the tunnel was pretty much a maze of bikes.
Another mechanic, Al, arrived in on the scene, and we really looked through the place pretty carefully. Bikes are awkward, but not great for hiding behind. Otherwise it was an empty brick tunnel.

edit, also, your man didn't look at me when I saw him. He very casually sauntered off. I was standing there, looking at the dude, thinking are you fucking serious? The balls on this cheeky fucker. Caught robbing the gaff and he behaves like I'm not even there. There was zero interaction between me and him.
That was my first reaction. That this was very odd.
You could check who used to live there on that 1911 census thing.

I think it was 1 Bachelors Walk or something. It was the basement tunnels though. Fuck knows.

I really don;t believe it was a dead person. I suppose what I believe doesn;t matter though.

since i moved house, i've started to notice that when the room is
quiet, the daylight almost gone, it seems there's something I
should know. Well, I ought to leave, but the rain it never stops
and I've no particular place to go....

Just when I think I'm winning, when I've broken every door, the
ghosts of my life, blow wilder than before, just when I thought I
could not be stopped, when my chance came to be king...the
ghosts of my life blew wilder than the wind.

it's spooky

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back