Fuck Twitter (1 Viewer)

The layoffs come as Musk was speculated to cut as much as 50% of Twitter’s workforce, just days after becoming the head of the company he purchased for $44bn. That could mean thousands of jobs lost, as the company had more than 7,000 employees at the end of 2021 according to a regulatory filing.

Think people in Ireland are getting hit by this from looking at twitter.
7 weeks before xmas.
Pricks.

Think people in Ireland are getting hit by this from looking at twitter.
7 weeks before xmas.
Pricks.
"The company has yet to comment officially, but sources described situation inside the Irish arm of the company as “carnage”, with lay-offs “random and indiscriminate”."

apparently leaked documents show that they plan on charging the $8 per month for the blue tick - but identity verification is not included. which is the whole reason for the blue tick in the first place.

At a guess i'd say the plan is to strip out 50% of the staff, let 50% of the staff do the work for a week then start rehiring a little at much lower rates making a 'record year for twitter'?

Stripe too.

Is the dublin house of cards wobbling?

At a guess i'd say the plan is to strip out 50% of the staff, let 50% of the staff do the work for a week then start rehiring a little at much lower rates making a 'record year for twitter'?

Stripe too.

Is the dublin house of cards wobbling?
layoffs is nothing new in tech. I've been laid off twice, by the same company.

Stripe overhired. The first time I got laid off it was as a result of overhiring. Its normal. A company makes their plan, hires to resource that plan, and if the plan goes by the wayside, you're left with too many people.

And the Twitter situation is far from normal. They've just been taken over by an irrational imbecile. It just sounds to me like they are happy to cut a shitload of corners to save a few sheckles.

Just for context, one of Stripe's main competitors (name escapes me) haven't laid off a single person, nor are they planning to.

Meta laid off a few, but they overhired too, based on that multiverse bollox. Amazon have implemented a hiring freeze, but no one laid off. And while there have been the odd minor announcement here and there, there is nothing to suggest what is happening now is in any way unusual.

Bare in mind too that hiring in Europe is very attractive prospect for American companies at the moment, given the strength of the dollar. Shit might get worse, but equally, it could get better here at the expense of the US.

The side i was thinking from is that tech bro managers want to be Musk, his action at twitter is out of the blue and if he makes dollars on it, what's to stop the tech bro's seeing all his money and wanting to do the same thing?

Elon is probably looking at Bezo's staff welfare model and thinking 'i could be richer'. That's the game really isn't it?

The side i was thinking from is that tech bro managers want to be Musk, his action at twitter is out of the blue and if he makes dollars on it, what's to stop the tech bro's seeing all his money and wanting to do the same thing?

Elon is probably looking at Bezo's staff welfare model and thinking 'i could be richer'. That's the game really isn't it?
true, but it would only relate to companies that (kind-of) do the same thing. So the likes of fuckbook, tik-tok, etc. Social media platforms and the like. Companies that have actual products to sell kind of need to keep their staff or else they would have no products anymore.

Hope all the tech bros here have a few other alternatives hidden up their sleeves other than niche tech bollox. The rest of them can go back to designing websites.

Last edited:
looks like they revoked access for loads of staff before those staff were informed of layoffs. how do you let someone know they're laid off if you've locked them out of their work laptops?

looks like they revoked access for loads of staff before those staff were informed of layoffs. how do you let someone know they're laid off if you've locked them out of their work laptops?

The screencap I saw on twitter (ironically) said that if they'd been fired they'd get an e-mail to their personal account.

Edit: If they've been locked out of their laptops that's probably not a good sign that they've made the cut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back