Fuck Twitter (2 Viewers)

heh. from the grauniad.
Musk tweeted that the company had experienced “a massive drop in revenue, due to activist groups pressuring advertisers, even though nothing has changed with content moderation and we did everything we could to appease the activists. Extremely messed up! They’re trying to destroy free speech in America.”

it's been knocking around for about... 4 years? attempted to upgrade it and, well....

Indeed. By 3am I had gotten it back to the point where the current version is installed, the database schema is up to date etc., logins working and all that, and I think the only problem now is the ssl cert is four years out of date and won’t renew so it won’t actually function.

Next step is to either fix whatever nginx rule is blocking the letsencrypt renewal or just take a full database & files backup then set the whole thing ip again.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

the Irish Times really have the horn for these layoff announcements, even though there is nothing to suggest this will become a trend.

I mean, it may, but there is absolutely nothing to suggest it at the moment.

Meta expected to lay off thousands now too. I saw an Irish times piece blaming their slump in share price on the market in general suffering, but I think it's just down to scepticism about their future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back