Fuck Religion (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 98K
  • Watchers 12
The key insight, that few commentators seem to understand, is that there are two separate and historically rival entities in the Vatican: The Holy See and The Roman Curia. The Holy See is the office of the Pope. The Roman Curia is the government ministries and the bureaucracy which also controls the cash. Think of the deep rivalry between the White House and Capitol Hill in The West Wing and you begin to get the idea.

If you connect the recent dots, there’s a power struggle going on (as usual) between the Roman Curia and the Holy See. The Curia is led by Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone who is backed by the Salesians (the fastest growing order in the church and on an ascending path for consolidating its power). Bertone is Secretary of State and also the Camerlengo which means he controls the Curia and will run the church when the Pope becomes too old or too ill to do his job. He would then, in effect, be the de facto pope. Papal doctors could keep an ailing pope alive for ten years which means that Bertone could run the church for a decade before the pope finally dies and there is an election. This is a very tempting and powerful proposition to an ambitious Roman prince. Bertone is the Pope’s nemesis in the Vatican.

Pope Benedict (who as Cardinal Ratzinger himself ran the church when pope John Paul II was too old) knows exactly what this means and has been trying to thwart Bertone’s stalking grab for power. The recent Vatileaks episode was evidence of all this. It was all about the Pope’s loyal butler trying to stave off Bertone and trying to protect his master, but Bertone got him anyway.

So we are left with an aging Pope, a virtual prisoner of The Holy See, running out of personal protectors, who has only one move left to keep The Holy See from the hands of Bertone and the Roman Curia. He can put the future of the church back into the hands of the College of Cardinals … by resigning! Checkmate.

http://www.crikey.com.au/2013/02/14...da-vinci-code/?wpmp_switcher=mobile&wpmp_tp=0

Vid at link.

Religious satellite TV show Miracle Hour 'risking lives'
By Andy Dangerfield BBC News, London

Presenter Bishop Simon Iheanacho told a caller he would be "set free" from diabetes. Clip broadcast by UKWET on Faith World TV

TV shows made in London that encourage viewers to believe they are cured of life-threatening illnesses by prayer have been condemned by charities. Charities criticised an episode of the Miracle Hour show, on Faith World TV, during which a diabetic caller was told he was "set free" from the disease.

"It is particularly dangerous and puts his life at risk," said African Health Policy Network head Francis Kaikumba.

UKWET, which produces the show, said it was "reviewing" its "new programmes". The organisation, whose full name is the UK World Evangelical Trust, said: "We are now reviewing our new programmes to make sure our standards meet good practice."

Miracle Hour is filmed at Faith World TV's studio in south London. It is hosted by Bishop Simon Iheanacho, who is chairman of Minority Ethnic Christian Affairs (Meca), which supports black and minority ethnic Christians and is part of ecumenical body Churches Together in England. In an episode broadcast on 4 January, on channel 591 on the Sky platform, a diabetic caller named Bode, from Leyton in east London, telephoned the programme.

Bishop Simon told him to lay his hand on his leg and said: "I cause diabetes to die in your body. I lose you and declare you set free from the power of diabetes. Thank you heavenly father for this miracle right now over your life in Jesus's name."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-21505191

I had a group of Christians doing that laying of hands thing on me last summer,it was on my bogey knee.It got extremely painful for about two hours but Im cured now (Well,sort of,the demons previously afflicting my knee appear to have moved into my foot)

Vid at link.

Mexican priest with comic book robe sprays congregation with holy water gun
http://metro.co.uk/2013/02/25/mexic...ays-congregation-with-holy-water-gun-3513939/

We doubt the next pope will spray his congregation with a water gun filled with holy water but he may want to take inspiration from the way a Mexican priest is making his Mass much more enjoyable.

Father Humberto Alvarez not only drenches people with his water toy, he also wears a snazzy robe that features images of Superman, Spiderman and Batman. The priest chose the characters because of their ‘struggle and effort to overcome fear and find peace and forgiveness’. He added these were traits he wished to pass on to the members of his Ojo de Agua church in Saltillo, Mexico. The comic book characters and water gun antics are aimed at children but it seems the adults enjoy it just as much, although the priest puts the gun away during adult services.

But everyone isn’t pleased with the holy man’s ’controversial’ methods, with the Bishop of Saltillo reportedly not happy with the Father.

YKwBH.gif

Jedi could perform marriages, says Free Church of Scotland
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-21842269

The Free Church of Scotland said the Marriage and Civil Partnership (Scotland) Bill will allow groups promoting a belief to marry couples.

The government said the change was relevant to bodies such as humanists, who are classed as religious rather than non-religious at the moment. A spokeswoman said the reputation of Scottish ceremonies would be protected.

The Free Church of Scotland has raised concerns about religious and civil partnership ceremonies being joined by a third category. Church spokesman, the Reverend Iver Martin, told BBC Alba: "The third category is quite astonishing because it is the so-called belief category without really defining what belief means. There are loads of people in a diverse society like this for whom belief can mean virtually anything - the Flat Earth Society and Jedi Knights Society - who knows? I am not saying that we don't give place to that kind of personal belief, but when you start making allowances for marriages to be performed within those categories then you are all over the place." ...

Hamas 'force men to cut long hair'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-22062626
By Jon Donnison
BBC News, Jerusalem

Ayman al-Sayed (right) says he was forced to shave his long hair by Hamas police

A human rights group in Gaza has accused Hamas police of forcing men to shave their heads after saying their hairstyles were indecent.

The Palestinian Centre for Human Rights says several young men have been arrested for wearing their hair too long or with too much hair gel. Officials from Hamas, the militant group that governs Gaza, denied this.

The human rights group says the men were beaten and forced to sign an agreement to keep their hair short. They are also being forced to agree that they will not wear low-waisted trousers, the Palestinian Centre for Human Rights says.

http://www.boltedmedia.com/brazilia...cing-followers-his-penis-contained-holy-milk/

Valdeci Sobrino Picanto (pictured) is a Brazilian Evangelical Pastor who has been arrested for convincing his followers that his penis contains HOLY MILK.
One of Picanto’s followers stated, “He convinced us that only God could come into our lives through our mouth and that’s why he would do what he did. Often, after worship, pastor Valdeci would take us to the where the funds were kept at the back of the Church and asked us to have oral sex with him until the Holy Spirit would come through ejaculation.

http://www.boltedmedia.com/brazilia...cing-followers-his-penis-contained-holy-milk/

Valdeci Sobrino Picanto (pictured) is a Brazilian Evangelical Pastor who has been arrested for convincing his followers that his penis contains HOLY MILK.
One of Picanto’s followers stated, “He convinced us that only God could come into our lives through our mouth and that’s why he would do what he did. Often, after worship, pastor Valdeci would take us to the where the funds were kept at the back of the Church and asked us to have oral sex with him until the Holy Spirit would come through ejaculation.

Sometimes the hideousness of this type of individual is only matched by the stupidity of the congregation...

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0611/455987-primary-schools/

Irish children twice as likely to dislike school compared to other children internationally

They spend more time on religion than any other country except Israel.

So be good or you'll burn for eternity makes children feel bad......hmmm who the fuck would have thought that.

I've said it before and I will say it again. Fuck Ireland.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0611/455987-primary-schools/

Irish children twice as likely to dislike school compared to other children internationally

So be good or you'll burn for eternity makes children feel bad......hmmm who the fuck would have thought that.

I've said it before and I will say it again. Fuck Ireland.

I went to a Prod school, it was all very "Jesus was nice, we should be nice," and I still hated school.

I went to a Prod school, it was all very "Jesus was nice, we should be nice," and I still hated school.
I don't think kids should love school, I sure as fuck didn't but if you're going to do something you hate it should at least be beneficial. I can't see any way that having religion forced down my throat years benefitted me in the fucking slightest.

I can't believe how much influence the Catholic church still has on education, since I don't have kids I've no reason to pay any attention to it but fuck me it's pretty fucking bad.

Is there a petition I can sign to get religion removed from schools ?

I was a bit shocked that the main headline on RTE news yesterday (or maybe today, I forget) was a statement by some bishop about what every irish person should think about something (in this case it was the abortion legislation).

anyway, here look at this
tumblr_mm4m9moni41rc5hfyo1_500.png

tumblr_mm4m9moni41rc5hfyo2_500.png

tumblr_mm4m9moni41rc5hfyo3_500.png

tumblr_mm4m9moni41rc5hfyo7_500.png

tumblr_mm4m9moni41rc5hfyo4_500.png

tumblr_mm4m9moni41rc5hfyo5_500.png

tumblr_mm4m9moni41rc5hfyo6_500.png

tumblr_mm4m9moni41rc5hfyo8_500.png

tumblr_mm4m9moni41rc5hfyo9_500.png

I was a bit shocked that the main headline on RTE news yesterday (or maybe today, I forget) was a statement by some bishop about what every irish person should think about something (in this case it was the abortion legislation).

anyway, here look at this
tumblr_mm4m9moni41rc5hfyo1_500.png

skipping some

tumblr_mm4m9moni41rc5hfyo8_500.png

Genuinely, my reaction to that was "Jesus Christ."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back