Friday - NO! Gigday - ConnectVierOrchestra - Damien Fröst - the Ba$eball Fury (1 Viewer)

just a little something,
=> means "therefore"
= means equals.
do you understand that now luvy?

i am the undisputed king of satire.

=> proving that vasily/king muthafuckin rollo smokes pedant out his ass.

get with the picture, "luvy", your humour is so '00.
it's just like the old trm guestbook days...
hmm....

1.i'd say that speaking or writing with an a.q.i.(props to stephen fry by the way) is *so* '00. you've been overdoseing on the ol' dawsons creek there luvy.

2.thick people always use the word pedantic. it's like saying "i was wrong. i am as thick as shite. but you, you are PEDANTIC!"

3.i will not resort to childish namecalling the way you were so quick to do , you fat smelly impotent bastard.

4.i remain the undisputed king of satire.

5. people who number their points need to relax.

just for the record, and i know no-one cares but

Z: j'agreé avec tabby, le bitching is rife
Y: its near fucking impossible to have anything completely original these days, especially band names - (and we had to change ours twice, and then when we were going to change it again, we just said fuck it, and we're keeping this one, we are known as what we're called and i ain't changing lightly...) but those who think one up without prior knowledge to another similar one, are not unoriginal, just unlucky, and back to their drawing board....
X: vinnie - i know someone called damien kirwin, if thats what you meant..
W:i cleverly lettered the points instead of numbering them! backwards! ha!

oh and ratz + x2dmfz, fighting over who is more satirical,...... thats just stoopid...

i think i'm going to call my band the sonic youths, or the melted bananas, or the my bloody valentines..seems that it is so difficult to come up with an original name why bother trying..

ah teenage apathy!

I think the 'discussion' was dealing with people who discovered that their band name is coincidentally also being used by another (unknown) band, and not about choosing a slightly modified version of a well known bands name.

But what would I know.

I will now use some large words. For dramatic effect, like.

Specious. Facile. Pedantic.

oh and nearly forgot - disingenuous.

that's better.....

just before anyone starts to think things, i do (paul o reilly) do not post under any other name apart from this one. cross me heart and hope to die.......
so that Superchunk, contrary to my appearance isn't me.

p: baseball furies are hardly unknown. there stuff is easily available through crypt. i'd describe them as rock and roll.o.k. you twisted my arm, they sound like a flight of georgian stairs falling down an otis modern day escalator,on speed.....on a hot day. but i think they've split up.

e: i couldn't care less about originality, it just pains me so much to see confusion on the face of the music buying public.

n: i am many,many people.

i: i have never disputed who is the king of satire, i was merely stating the fact.

s: i am the undisputed king of satire.

x: i look around, ilook around and see alot of new faces which means alot of you have been breaking the first 2 rules of fight club: no faggots.

oh yeah shit i think people might confuse paddington with me. thats wrong were different people. i think light is like water and paul (paddington) wants to exchange light for fire or some such anyway just thought id join in wishing the world love i still think this thread is petty and has no real bearing on the real world. I like damien and andy, they do a good job, perhaps they appear a little angry sometimes but dammit theyre in the frickin baseball fury so they should be furious (gettit?) and also its very easy to take people up wrong on this board cause you cant write emotions very easily its like text messaging (oh the trouble they cause) and so people can take things out of context very easily. anyway all go to the gig in tbmc tomorrow and you can find out the difference between paddington and pat.
so anyway paul how are ya? how was the sixteen horespower gig?

there is a band in canada called the waltons. i wrote to them once to tell them they were disrespectin' the (irish) waltons and infringin' they's muthafuckin' copyright, (*shake head. exit hip-hop mode.*) ...and they replied by putting me on their email list, which meant that i kept getting offered a dollar off entrance for their shows in winnipeg or wherever they were from.

and talking of canada, isn't boards of canada a brilliant name for a band?

(*thumped board* "yes, yes it is.")

i thought so. and godspeed you black emperor! are from canada too, more mad names. and alanis morissette, even madder. sorry, i'm sure i had a point to make but it's sort of gone now...

who the fuk is that king rollo guy? he's an awful goon altogether. I really like that word however. Anyway now I should be a premium member so you can all come and congratulate me at the gig to morrow. Lots of love
one of the faggots

I think the way forward is to use words that are not really words for band names.

Maybe like, rimpletors or warut or mingpome. Only better. Then we can argue about pronounciation as well. Because we need new things to argue about.

theres only one way to settle this.

pubes

pedantic?
whatever happened to the slagz of the rare auld times?

i.e. gay, fag, queer, bender, i could get half of tallaght after you, you fat bastard! and most of all your ma.

are you rippin the piss out of the fury!

p.s i am a real foot-baller

p.s.s does anybody want to join my new techno group:da bass-ball foray

who are all these bands you people are talking about anyway.
i was listening to Larry Gogans chart show yesterday and i didnt hear mention of any.

its truly a sad state of affairs, i know.
if only i could play bands like this on my show .
so from now on you're all going to see a very different larry gogan.
there'll be no more just a minute from me.

its time for the goge-meister to move into a brand new century of fabby-dooby to the left hand side.

bo

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back